First World Problems

nfc90210

What annoys me about parcel deliveries is that I work weird shifts, so I'm often home during the day in the week. But postmen and delivery drivers just assume that if it's 3pm on a Wednesday, there won't be anybody in and don't even bother knocking,

This happened to me about five or six years ago with FedEx.  They put a card through the door when I was in the house saying the item couldn't be delivered and had to be collected from a depot.  Along I went the next day only to be told it was out for re-delivery, which obviously wasn't going to work as I was at their depot and no one was home. I kicked up a bit of a fuss and the supervisor at the depot gave me what was basically a credit note, worth about a tenner iirc.  When I got home I realised the smart arse had put an expiration date on it that was only a week later.  So, yeah, fuck parcel delivery. Especially FedEx.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yodel are the worst. They leave items on my doorstep or in the bin. My brand new then Iphone was left on my doorstep despite me being in ALL day. Other items have been left in the bin also. I wouldn't mind but other delivery companies at least stick things over my side gate which is locked and sheltered. 

• Paid Members

Speaking of Yodel, they appear to have faked my signature for a parcel I got this afternoon. I actually got the parcel so it's not a big deal but it just seems odd that the driver would shove it through the letter box and fake my signature rather than knock on the door and get me to sign it for real. I mean, if I was a total cunt, I could now claim that it hasn't arrived and get a refund. He hasn't even spelled my name properly.

Is this common with them?

• Paid Members

Speaking of Yodel, they appear to have faked my signature for a parcel I got this afternoon. I actually got the parcel so it's not a big deal but it just seems odd that the driver would shove it through the letter box and fake my signature rather than knock on the door and get me to sign it for real. I mean, if I was a total cunt, I could now claim that it hasn't arrived and get a refund. He hasn't even spelled my name properly.

Is this common with them?

If you complain there your not the cunt mate. I've had Yodel claim theyour have delivered something to me before and they didn't. The seller actually contacted them and they told him a man at my address took the parcel and he was bald and in his 40s. I was in my mid 20s with a whole head of hair. The seller sent another product out and where very helpful but that doesn't change the fact that they where a right bunch of bollocks.

I had this whilst I was in the house once. Postman popped one through the door without even knocking and I opened the door and called out to him that I was here.

He sheepishly tried to explain that he didn't actually have the parcel on him as he just assumed no one would be home and this was 'common practice' with heavy parcels. I phoned Royal Mail and it quickly emerged he was a lying bastard. He returned an hour later with my parcel and looking pissed off.

Our postman changed about a week later. 

I've had it where they just post a 'sorry we missed you' card through the door without knocking and they just chucked the package over the side gate, by which time I've got the door where they try claiming "no- one answered when I knocked".

"No, because you didn't knock and I made it to the door before you could scram"

• Paid Members

Not Royal Mail but I've had people knock as they push the card through, which just seems retarded.

There is a UPS depot near me and the fucking state of some of the driving when a dozen are let loose on the M42 in one go.

Choke up the traffic and don't care about any other road user. Appalling they are.

They have to post special deliveries before 1pm and if they have boxes to collect from its 1pm also but for the most part we're on a job and jack so we hide your parcels in bins and bushes so we can go home earlier or on time. We're paid well and kick up a massive fuss about the smallest of changes to our working conditions and yet for the most part our customer service is shite.

Not as bad as Yodel though.

• Paid Members

I've always got on well with the post office, they would always be my first pick over any other delivery service.

That one with postal Pete was shite, had to drive to the fort to pick the goods up, the car park was lethal and the customer service was as pleasant as an aids scare.

• Paid Members

I agree, Tommy. I've have had some of this stuff happen, the "Sorry you weren't in" card without knocking and leaving a parcel in a stupid place and even the occassional missing parcel but considering I must have sent and received 10,000 parcels in the last 15 years, the number of incidents is very, very low.

We had a delivery driver locally from Hermes who'd just sling boxes over the garden wall after claiming we weren't in. Decided it was easier to just throw it over and deal with any complaints than knock on the door and get it signed. One day he was also supposed to do a pick up for Music Magpie and decided to no show, claimed when arrived randomly the next day that nobody was in. Arguing with me despite the fact I'd stayed in all day just in case. They finally stopped sending him round when I sent them the film of him getting out of the van and just tossing the package over the wall. The contents of the smashed bottles of the missus' nail polish leaking through the packaging being a fitting end to his courier career.

Archived