First World Problems

nfc90210

My door knocked yesterday and I was wondering who on earth it could be (thinking it must be religious) and a parcel arrived for the household. 

Still as advanced as parcel deliveries have got the normal day to day mail seems to have gone backwards, I'll be lucky if we see our postie three times a week. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed an Amazon delivery the other day and they dropped it off at my neighbour's flat (who I've never met).  About 2 hours after the card was dropped off I went to collect it from my neighbour, and the twat had lost it!  He'd put it down in his filthy, smelly flat and lost the fucker!  It was a pretty sizeable parcel too, it wasn't like a cable or something small.  He dropped it off to me about 2 hours later without even apologising.

• Paid Members

I had one last weekend. Paid £2.50 for a coffee. Put it on the car roof while I strapped the kids in. Drove off.

"What's that liquid running down the back window?"

Done that with my golf shoes before. Put them on the roof in a hurry to get changed, drive off and at the first junction I see one footjoy disappearing yonder.

• Paid Members

I've ordered a lot of shit and I'm up a block of flats and Amazon have delivered everything. Can't fault that.

Amazon just fucked up a delivery of a lamp yesterday. It didn't arrive. First time thats happened.

I had one last weekend. Paid £2.50 for a coffee. Put it on the car roof while I strapped the kids in. Drove off.

"What's that liquid running down the back window?"

I did that the other week, only it was a massive bundle of Mail and I was in a post van.

It's no wonder you fuckers don't get parcels or letters.

Parcel deliveries piss me right off, which is pretty bad as I do a lot of internet shopping. Me and the wife both work standard office hours, like the majority of adults, so the fact that they only deliver during office hours and won't confirm a delivery time seems like blatant fishing for extra money via rescheduling charges. Seems like no matter who I go with and whatever I request, they all want signatures and don't attempt to deliver to our neighbours. This includes TNT, Parcelforce, Yodel and APC. It's got to the point getting my parcel is a relief rather than an expectation.

Say what you like about Royal Mail, they shine like brilliant beacons of success next to the filthy mire of the seemingly limitless inadequacy of the USPS. We get more mail that's supposed to be for other apartments than we do our own. I dread to think how many mails we haven't gotten because they've gone in the wrong box and never got passed on. #FWP

Parcel deliveries piss me right off, which is pretty bad as I do a lot of internet shopping. Me and the wife both work standard office hours, like the majority of adults, so the fact that they only deliver during office hours and won't confirm a delivery time seems like blatant fishing for extra money via rescheduling charges. Seems like no matter who I go with and whatever I request, they all want signatures and don't attempt to deliver to our neighbours. This includes TNT, Parcelforce, Yodel and APC. It's got to the point getting my parcel is a relief rather than an expectation.

Can't you get them delivered to your work? That's what I do.

• Paid Members

Can't you get them delivered to your work? That's what I do.

My last job (I start a new one on Tuesday) you could, but it was a small businesses. When I worked at the co-op all post went through a central holding and any personal shit was a big deal, if they wanted to they would cause a fuss.

When I worked in property management it was a disciplinary thing officially, but because a load of directors did it everyone else could too.

We had a 12 month supply of vitamins and herbal marital aids turn up with an illegible name on. No one claimed them.

• Paid Members

What annoys me about parcel deliveries is that I work weird shifts, so I'm often home during the day in the week. But postmen and delivery drivers just assume that if it's 3pm on a Wednesday, there won't be anybody in and don't even bother knocking,

That really fucks me off too. I was waiting for a delivery on Monday, at 12:30 a Parcelforce card got put through the door saying delivery was attempted and I later got an email saying it had been delivered. I was there to see the card come in, I would have been there to get the fucking parcel. So I had to go and pick it up yesterday, and while I was out a Royal Mail delivery was attempted, which I then had to pick up today.

Archived