First World Problems

nfc90210

• Paid Members

I had a guy turn up from Yodel or Hermes or whatever and as unbelievable as this sounds he handed me my parcel and it was covered in fresh blue paint. It was like he'd poured a can of house paint over it, I got blue paint all over my hands when he passed it to me.

It was so weird but I was too surprised to say anything before he fucked off.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I usually get the same lady from DPD when I order from Amazon, she's cheerful and always delivers the right stuff.

I've pretty much had the same postman since I moved here 7 years ago, he's spot on and knows I work from home so doesn't try the card trick, my wife's Granny lives across the road so my parcels go there if there's no one home.

Self service checkouts.

Obviously my major mistake was shopping on a Saturday but fuck me. Aren't they meant to be express checkouts? Stupid old people with massive trolleys taking ages and then going hmmm it's not working are the worst. Then there doesn't seem to be a proper queue formation so everyone crowds around them. Anarchy!

But yeah, definitely first world problems...

Argh.

• Paid Members

Self check outs are ace when I have 2 items for lunch and I'm just whizzing through.

More than that and its just not worth it, to much piss pootling about. And if you have any booze or razor blades its just never worth it.

I played golf last Saturday when it was around 28 degrees. The nearest hole to the club house is at the start of the 15th.

All of us were dying for a drink in the heat. Would it not have hurt for someone in the pro shop to go round the course in a buggy with a cool box full of drinks?

I stood and watched a woman having a full blown argument with a self service checkout as if it was an automated cinema booking line or something. I mean they're a pain in the arse but fucking hell you'd swear the robots had risen up to enslave us the way she was going on.

Another supermarket related one but would it kill them to put the promotional price per g/ml on products instead of what the standard value per g/ml is. I don't care how much money I can save on two 500g cottage cheeses if I can get an extra 400g and only spend 40p more for two 700g cottage cheeses but make that shit simple for a simple man.

• Awards Moderator

Self service checkouts.

Obviously my major mistake was shopping on a Saturday but fuck me. Aren't they meant to be express checkouts? Stupid old people with massive trolleys taking ages and then going hmmm it's not working are the worst. Then there doesn't seem to be a proper queue formation so everyone crowds around them. Anarchy!

But yeah, definitely first world problems...

Argh.

You've also got the dickheads who scan their shopping and carefully put it in the bagging area, pay and only then decide to put the stuff in to a bag. Slowly.

• Paid Members

I had a woman hassling me in a shop the other day, practically chasing me to give me a self-scanner. Thing is, I was just browsing, without an intention to buy anything.

On the subject of the postie, we had a nut job who once stuffed a great big stack of post in-between a wall and a fence, right by our front door. I don't understand it.

My current one, and I don't know if this only happens to people with slow computers, is webpages that load shit at the top ages after everything else. And it always happens right as you're clicking a link or clicking onto the search field, so you inevitably end up hitting the wrong thing. Infuriating.

Self service was great back when most people were too scared to use it do you could sail through. Now it's all about the self scan as you shop!

I've got relatives who use that to shoplift. Apparently, when they do the test thing, they never check the same item twice so you could have ten Twix multipacks as long as you pay for one.

Archived