First World Problems

nfc90210

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

My current one, and I don't know if this only happens to people with slow computers, is webpages that load shit at the top ages after everything else. And it always happens right as you're clicking a link or clicking onto the search field, so you inevitably end up hitting the wrong thing. Infuriating.

Youtube on my phone is an absolute cunt for that. If it did it everytime I wouldn't mind, I'd wait, but it doesn't. It does it sometimes and not others so I don't know where I stand.

What's all this about self scanning. I can't say I've ever heard of it but it sounds cosmic!

Anyone's PC ever appeared to be "using" disk space at an alarming rate?  I've already had to make do with Youtube and delete the vast majority of my mp3 collection, because apparently the thing loses up to 90GB in a few hours, which without being an expert on HD space sounds inhuman to me and wondering if I've got some sort of zany virus.

I've deleted files, uninstalled programs, cleared cache and deleted cookies. Next time the 'low disk space' notice pops up, I'll be a little fucked because only pictures with extreme sentimental value remain on my hard drive. So any tips?

• Paid Members

I'm having a right mare with the laptop at the moment. For the past few days I've turned it on for it to just not start up, tell me it's performing 'automatic repair' then 'diagnosing' and eventually asking me to restore to an earlier point in time, then after that just not coming on and going off. Bastards.

Anyone's PC ever appeared to be "using" disk space at an alarming rate?  I've already had to make do with Youtube and delete the vast majority of my mp3 collection, because apparently the thing loses up to 90GB in a few hours, which without being an expert on HD space sounds inhuman to me and wondering if I've got some sort of zany virus.

I've deleted files, uninstalled programs, cleared cache and deleted cookies. Next time the 'low disk space' notice pops up, I'll be a little fucked because only pictures with extreme sentimental value remain on my hard drive. So any tips?

Have you used the Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter tools?

Archived