WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

• Paid Members

Glad Rollins kept the belt but having Taker back for Lesnar makes no sense. Owens losing was a travesty because yet again he could have been made but will now drift off to nothing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Brock beats Taker a second time, rather than giving him the win back. Nobody will be expecting a Brock win, just like last time (although nowhere near as historic obviously.) His inability to beat Brock can be what causes Taker to announce Wrestlemania as he last match

Enjoyed the Divas match, Banks is fucking awesome but Charlotte seems too lanky. Half of what she does looks really uncoordinated

Zoned out for Owens/Cena. When I started paying attention again they were doing the same old big move trading. It's boring, one match between these two would have been plenty

• Paid Members

Taker has to be calling it a day at WM32 to be having another match beforehand, right?

That's the only thing I can make sense of this. Brock beats Undertaker with (relative) ease and Undertaker really begins to question whether he's still got it. Leading to the big retirement match at WrestleMania.

Saying that, I dont know if they'll ever do an Undertaker retirement. Seems with Sting coming back, they are looking to try and build Sting and Taker back up to have them work each other.

I cant believe they made Brock look like such a clown, though. After the last 18 months of building him to be the baddest man that ever lived, they did that to him?

That Owens/Cena match was the least enjoyable of the lot. It turned into an epic match analogue at this point with the same massive fucking spots being kicked out of repeatedly, with all of them turning up at the same points. I was a bit disappointed in myself for seeing all these big demented moments between two of the best wrestlers in the world and just not being remotely arsed. I was watching it with mates and actually brought up a post i'd seen on here about that Angle/Michaels match from Wrestlemania 19 where you sort of know exactly whats going to happen and the people involved are more than happy to just give it to you. Fuck knows. 

Absolutely hated the finish, too. That's probably playing into it. I'm not some anti Cena twat, but him winning that is just a bit of a kick in the bollocks. Owens won his first match in the company against him, but so what at this point, like? Owens took him to the limit more than once but again, Cena burst his arse repeatedly so who gives a fuck. Disappointing.

Do we really need Lesnar vs Taker 2? Seems pointless to me, the first one was pretty crap apart from the streak being broken. I know Taker got injured 5 mins into the match but even so, I think the match would be terrible even without him being injured,

I assumed this was all a way of getting round to Sting vs Taker and they both end up retiring.

• Paid Members

I actually loved Cena/Owens, and it was my favourite match of theirs to date.

Cena winning was the right choice as it keeps the tremendous US Champ run going and it didn't make Owens look in any way, shape or form...a cunt.

Since Lesnar resigned...re-signed...signed back on...he's looked a bit of a chump with the way he's being presented, but it has to be said that's the first time in years Taker has gotten somebody up for a chokeslam past knee or hip level.

Miz also looks glorious in a grey fitted hoody. So much so, I'm buying one today.

Cena/Owens was the same as the other two matches they've had. No attempt to change up the styles or story, just rinse and repeat. Why Owens is being allowed do swantons is beyond me too. Very underwhelming show all round, made worse by the fact that we'll have to sit through more weeks of tedious Rollins, Kane and Authority promos. Not arsed with Taker being back either, and not looking forward to the build to Summerslam, with druids and lightning and other assorted shite alongside Taker's awful deadman promos.

The 'New era' of divas stuff was crap enough as well.

Absolute belter of a pay-per-view as far as wrestling goes. The quality of the matches was ace although in some cases the results were disappointing.

Sheamus and Orton to open the show was a cracker. Those two together have great chemistry and always deliver a stellar performance. Even if we've seen it a million times already and there was nothing at stake, the overall match was good. And I know it was in Randy's hometown and all that but Sheamus should have won here. He's holding the Money in the Bank briefcase so build him up as a viable threat.

Tag Team Title match was again very enjoyable. New Day are still over and Prime Time Players are a very underrated tag team. They work much better as faces than heels, although when they where with that AW fella he done well with them. Not sure where either team is gonna go from here though. Maybe PTP are challenged by the Wyatt Family, as for New Day well knowing WWE it'll be time to split them up.

Wyatt beating Reigns was a surprise. Even if he couldn't do it on his own, it was still a surprise. They've never really known what to do with Bray so to see him pick up a victory over the man they've chosen to lead the company for years to come was a nice twist. The numbers game constantly gets the better of Reigns so he recruits Ambrose but still three Wyatt's is too much for them so they reunite the Shield in full. Wyatt's v Shield (some hope!)

Divas match was what people have been crying out for for yonks. It was long enough for the women to showcase their ability, it wasn't the standard three moves then finish. And there was women flying through and over the ropes which doesn't happen too often. Brie tried her best Daniel Bryan impression with the kicks. It was right to have one of the new girls win and in these sort of match ups WWE do tend to go with the goodies (not Bill Odie and co). Very enjoyable.

Cena beating Owens was the worst part of the show. Again the match was enjoyable even if similar to their first two encounters. But I don't see the point in calling KO up to the main roster just to have lose his first major feud. If they were gonna do that, just keep at NXT with the title. He would have benefited massively from taking the US Title off Cena but now he can Miss Elizabeth to Damien Sandow's Macho Man. 

Main event was exactly what it should have been, a showcase of Lesnar's dominance. Ending was a bit shit like but at least they're advancing storylines. If Lesnar won, SummerSlam's main event would of just been a repeat of this. If Rollins won, everybody would of shit on it because there's no way Seth can beat Brock. This way it worked well. And I don't know what Lesnar's contract dates are after SummerSlam but they've got a way to write him off telly for a bit while Rollins goes onto his next feud.

• Paid Members

My moneys on Sting costing Taker the win at SS as he's got a DVD coming out. Allows them a year to build a match at WM 32

You do know WM 32 is in March, right?

In fairness, the recent episodes of Raw have felt a month long each so he's about right.

Archived