WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

• Paid Members

These reactions are all too predictable whenever Cena wins, but what I can't my head around is, why exactly would anyone in the world think that someone like Kevin Owens should be convincingly beating John Cena in feuds. I surely don't have to weigh up the obvious merits of both to illustrate just how absurd a notion it is, and I surely don't need to explain why you can't just have every newcomer appearing on the scene and going straight to the top at the expense of the biggest wrestling star in the world.So fuck, Owens lost in the end.

It's mental, Owens looks like such a chump now doesn't he? How is anyone going to take him seriously after he's gone from not even being on the roster to being completely equal to Cena for months?

My mate was furious Cena won, "losses don't affect Cena" he says. If Cena lost to everyone he said that about he'd be on a multi year losing streak an I'm pretty sure it would affect him.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I loved Owens/Cena 3 & think both men came out of the entire feud looking top draw.

Who do we think they'll put Owens up against now? Orton? Reigns? Neither sound like an exciting prospect for me but at least Orton's half way decent on the mic & could make for an interesting feud (unless they're carrying on with him & Sheamus?).

I hope they stick in Cesaro and Owens to the Cena/Rollins business. Would make for an amazing match, though it feels unlikely.

An Owens/Ambrose program is droolworthy but Shield Remnants will face Uninjured Wyatts at Summerslam surely.

• Paid Members

If Owens and Orton have chemistry in the ring I could see them having some great matches, I can't imagine an angle with them feuding that would be particularly fun though, the two of them trading promos would be brutal.

Brutal as in bad? I think Owen's is a great promo & Orton's certainly better than the steaming turd that is Reigns. Unless they just let KO squash the shit out of Reigns? He's jobbed out anyway so they might as well use him to give Owens a big win before putting him back in tags.

Put Owens against Ziggler when he comes back, just have him annihilate him, even if it doesn't improve business or make Owens a star I'll enjoy watching it at least

And they just forget about the current feud Ziggler has with Rusev then?

And they'll trade wins and losses, that's the problem facing Owens and everyone else, it's not that he lost a feud to Cena, it's that he's had the same feud with him that any other pairing have in WWE now.

I'm not saying have half a dozen wrestlers on undefeated streaks but just have them decisively win feud against shithouses like Ziggler who will never be more over or useful than he is now

Much better PPV all round than recent months I thought.

Sheamus/Orton was a decent opener, Wyatt/Reigns build to a decent ending sequence which then fell a little flat with the Harper run-in.

Cena/Owens was another cracker, just wish Cena had lost in the end. I know he's just doing what he is told to do, and Owens has been put on the map because of the feud but how much bigger would he be if he had come out on top.

Commentary team wasn't too bad, although JBL did utter this pearl during Cena/Owens after Cena hits the top rope leg drop:

JBL - "when was the last time someone kicked out of that?"

Erm, every time? Couple that with "you wouldn't do that to Gregory Peck!". You know kids, that guy whose been dead for over 10 years and in films you've never watched.

Enjoyed seeing Undertaker show up, but it was all kind of random. Wait a couple of minutes while Lesnar finishes throwing Rollins around and wins the title then your match is for the belt, you big dead dummy.

Enjoyed seeing Undertaker show up, but it was all kind of random. Wait a couple of minutes while Lesnar finishes throwing Rollins around and wins the title then your match is for the belt, you big dead dummy.

Brock wouldn't have a reason to be fucked off if it played out like this. After ending the streak, Brock has no reason to go back into a feud with The Undertaker. Just sit back and revel in it. At least with Taker breaking the pinfall count just as he was going to win the belt back, then Brock has reason to want to kill him..............cause he's gonna have to (i fucking loved that bit!!)

Here are some comments from Meltzer on possibly why Kevin Owens has lost his last two matches against Cena:

Even though Dave Meltzer was "at a loss for words" over the shortsightedness of Owens losing at Battleground in that manner (tap -out) on his latest subscriber only radio show, he still could explain why it happened. Partially it was a panic move over Cena's merchandise selling at a noticeably slower pace immediately after his Elimination Chamber defeat, which explains why he got his win back over Owens so quickly at Money In The Bank. More disturbingly, Meltzer talked about Machiavellian forces within WWE that are salivating at the prospect of Owens failing and was helping to give him enough rope to hang himself with:

"To again explain this: there were two schools of thought on Kevin Owens from the start and the basic gist was that some people thought that he was going to make it and some people thought he wasn't going to make it, and those who thought he wasn't going to make it made sure that he got every opportunity to make it or else they would be wrong. You know what I mean? I shouldn't say they would be wrong, they wouldn't prove that they were right. So now whether he makes it or he doesn't make it, there is a game going on and we're in the middle of the game."

I thought it was a very exciting match but the finish should have been the AA from the top rope, if they were going with Cena winning. Nobody should ever be kicking out of a top guy's finish from the top.

Archived