WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Punk, when I was watching Battleground I got to thinking about what he'd be doing if he was still around, and then after drawing a bit of a blank I realised that I actually don't miss the guy at all. The chants seem to have finally gone away now that his misses isn't around either

• Paid Members

Wrestling fans are like that. A wee chant to stick it to the man usually dies down a couple of months in, when everybody gets bored and moves on to the next thing. With Punk joning UFC, people know he's not coming back anytime soon too.

Heyman/WWE fooling the fans into thinking Punk was back for that Chicago Raw was beautifully done by all.

Cena's springboard stunner is the worst move anyone has ever done.

I dunno I hate Dean Ambrose's rebound clothesline just as much!

CM Punk's old top rope elbow wins this at a canter.

The springboard stunner is totemic of Cena's transparent desire to get over with the workrate pervs in the autumn years of his career, and therefore more bothersome than either of those (admittedly appalling) moves. It takes me out of his otherwise excellent matches by reminding me that he's not trying to win, he's just trying to get the 18-30 males to stop calling him a queg for five minutes.

I'd have been embarressed to do a springboard stunner on the crash mats in PE. I'm glad Austin ripped the dick out of it on his podcast.

Never been a big fan of Undertaker in the past (love the gimmick but as with anything there's only so much they can do and have done and have continuously done) but personally enjoyed his return at Battleground and thought he looks in much better shape than in previous years. Was expecting more positives from this thread on his return.

As for the whole show, Orton/Sheamus was as good as it was going to get. Tag match was good and The New Day are doing wonders for the tag division, highly entertaining and PTP are good also.

US title match I thought was a good watch, shame that Cena retained but I guess they still want to sell those T Shirts for another month or so.

Wyatt vs Reigns was a good match, hopefully the family will get back together and help push Bray on in the next year or so, he looks so much better with them on his side and Wyatt would be the perfect MITB holder next time round. 

I wonder wats changed.

I was convinced that when he lost to Brock that was it. He looked awful, and he was going to retire. Fast forward till now and he looks in decent shape again and he's upping his schedule.

Looking at it if he has decided to continue I wonder if he and wwe regret that streak loss now??

• Paid Members

I wonder wats changed.

I was convinced that when he lost to Brock that was it. He looked awful, and he was going to retire.

Perhaps that was the point, in order to make Brock look even stronger?

But that'd only take away from Brock.

Beating a washed up Taker doesn't sell like beating the Phenom does it?

Just abit odd that all the talk was of Taker retiring and now he's going back to being more active.

I think if they could do it again we wouldn't have Brock going over taker. it'd have been undi beating xxx leading to a programme at wm 31 with Sting.

Still see no reason why streak was ended, unless of course it was to signify the end

Keller had an interesting theory on Austin's podcast this week, that maybe this was the Undertaker's request. He got a bad concussion at WM and the match suffered because of it. He wants another match with Brock because he wanted a chance to do it justice, they wouldn't do it at WM again so he agreed to a Summerslam program to get the rematch.

The original plan for Lesnar ending the streak (2011?) was always going to lead to a rematch, perhaps now Undertaker's in better nick he just phoned and suggested they do it. It's definitely a bigger match than LESNAR vs ROLLINS II: THIS TIME IT MIGHT NOT END IN A COP-OUT DQ would have been.

These reactions are all too predictable whenever Cena wins, but what I can't my head around is, why exactly would anyone in the world think that someone like Kevin Owens should be convincingly beating John Cena in feuds.

Because they're idiots. If Roman Reigns was the big babyface champion, Cena could be the stepping stone to a match with him. Be it Rusev, Owens or whoever -- beat JC and move up to a shot at the Roman Empire. But WWE shit themselves and abandoned Reigns to placate the same type of people crying about Cena now. They can't have it both ways. They didn't want Roman Reigns to be the new Hulk Hogan, and without that happening, John Cena can't be demoted to Jake The Snake. Thus he wins his feuds, because there's nobody above him to build a heel up to challenge in every town for the next three months.

As far as Evil Politician Cena conspiracy theories go, it's not Kevin Owens that has suffered, it's Roman Reigns. Right at the apex of the pervs hating Reigns, Cena started the "hey look at me, Monday night workrate" gimmick. He's trying to shift their ire onto the heir apparent to sabotage the chances of being usurped. He's fucked that goodwill now though by totally burying the darling du jour at Battleground, so it's probably foundless.

Again a lot of that comes down to you scouring Youtube comments or wherever you go to rile yourself up, who on here has come out with that?

As for myself, all I said was Cena must have a lot of pull backstage, did I or anyone else say he wanted to cut Owens' or anyone else's legs off? No, Did I or anyone else say he uses his pull in a negative way at all? No

It's a bit naive to think after a decade of being top merchandise seller, headlining christ knows how many PPV's and doing all the publicity the company ask him to that he wouldn't have a fair bit of influence backstage

EDIT: Just read the Raw thread, ohhhhhhhhhh, well except for Suplex Sinner all my points stand/have been completely obliterated

Are you just ignoring the one on one match being referred to then?

How do you want to define headline/main event? If it means go on last in not-a-multi-man, he main evented TLC in December.

Ding ding ding ding ding
Im pretty sure i gave a great example of a main event title match when i used Ryback at HIAC as that example.

If Wyatt was to face Lesnar at Survivor Series in the main event for the title for example, would people say either....

Im excited to see Bray in the main event with the spotlight on him, this feels fresh, lets see how he goes...

Or would people say...

Ugh. Ive already seen Bray have his shot in the main event when he was in the MITB title match last year?

Exactly.

So did Mike Knox had a crack a being the main event as he was in a main event ppv title match?

Thought not.

Archived