WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

Surely if he had let one of Rusev, Wyatt or Owens win a fued we would have had at least one more main event guy or even a different title fued.

If (Cena) had "let" them win....?

Cena does WHAT HE'S TOLD. Have we been here before?

Cena done the job as he is no threat to him.

Cena did the job because he does what he's told. He's a pro.

Thought we had. You lot need to get it out of your noggins that Cena calls the shots.

Oh come on, you're easily one of the best posters on here so don't come out with that shite, if Cena wants to put someone over he will, he's had more stroke than anyone for at least 6 years

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. The Undertaker comes back to get revenge over Brock fucking Lesnar for beating him in the most shocking match ever and practically everyone is moaning about it. Even the good posters.

It was hard to get too excited about because the whole world knew Undertaker was appearing, but I still let out a little 'fucking hell' when the gong went off. He looked appalling, from his grid to his hair to his weird gait that made it look like he hadn't had a shite since the streak ended. But the crowd went for it and so the moment still felt special.

This rematch is a big, big, proper match between two proper wrestlers. I don't know how you book it either, but that's not my job. Nor is it anyone else's on here with the possible exception of Bosco Blick. If that finish doesn't get you excited for SummerSlam then it might be time to take a break from the wrestling.

• Paid Members

For the record I was not suggesting it was Cena's decision. How HHH and the rest of the bookers can think it is going to be anything other than harmful to Owens is anyone's guess following the demise of Ryback, Rusev et al following major feud losses.

I do think that it wouldn't hurt Cena to try and oppose the ridiculous booking when it arises because after 10 years at the top it is not as if he doesn't have a say.

It is mental to me to think that people in charge think the current booking is any good.

Fun show, phenomenal ending! If you didn't get a kick out of that, then I don't know what they could ever do to make you happy. A new chapter in a story that effectively started in 1991! Seth Rollins was four years old!

I went mental. Redemption, glorious redemption! Top marks WWE.

How HHH and the rest of the bookers can think it is going to be anything other than harmful to Owens is anyone's guess following the demise of Ryback, Rusev et al following major feud losses.

ffs, overdramatic? Ryback is the IC champ and Rusev, when he's not in that terrible Ziggler angle is still a hot heel in a title scene despite his basic gimmick. Sure, maybe they're below where they perhaps could be but they're hardly dead. Ryback is still really over, and doesn't even get booed by the 'smarks' really anymore, they can snap their fingers with him, and he'd be right back up there. Rusev in main event storylines surely treads shitloads of water too, so I have no problem with his current spot.

While I can't say I'm certain it was the right finish, people are definitely overreacting about how much a loss to John God Damn Cena hurts someone

Oh come on, you're easily one of the best posters on here so don't come out with that shite, if Cena wants to put someone over he will, he's had more stroke than anyone for at least 6 years

Yeah Cena has kinda took over from Shawn in that respect.

• Paid Members

Over dramatic? It has taken 2 years and A LOT of work from Ryback himself to drag his way back into relevance. Rusev looks OK but the loss to Cena has taken away some of his edge. Cena is the benchmark. If you're not allowed to win a feud against him you're not going anywhere fast.

Owens is going to do what now? Come out and say he nearly did what he said he would I'm still a threat? To who? Midcard for the foreseeable. The win would've given him 1) a title and 2) some serious kudos. He'd have done what only Punk and Brock have done recently. Now instead of having a super hot new heel they have someone who didn't beat the best and will get lost in the shuffle until the loss wears off.

When Owens was in the STF I thought they might have him pass out rather than give up. He'd retain some level of bragging rights ("I was never pinned and I never submitted!"), Cena could give the whole "you earned my respect" speech and Owens could move on to the next opponent. I'm not massively down on the finish though. It is what it is. Cena's in these long, drawn out feuds because it's a stalling tactic. It keeps him away from the World Heavyweight Championship in a way people can buy into. It's more important to the show right now, I think, that Cena retains his little anchor to the midcard than it is for Kevin Owens to get a mega win. Owens has shown a lot in these last few months. There's no reason he can't go on and feud with Ryback, Ziggler, Orton or Ambrose and do very well for himself. He would have been doing as much even if he'd won.

I have to admit I let out a very girlish shriek when The Undertaker's music hit, but I thought he looked absolutely awful. He moved okay, I thought, but he looked so old I couldn't get past it. It's one thing to have old-timers come out and be a novelty everyone enjoys, but it's another thing to ask an audience to buy into an old man as a monster character, especially when put against the most legitimately scary, dominant monster WWE has (and have possibly ever had). No interest in seeing him wrestle again, to be honest, but I don't expect he'd deliver anything less than a decent match when it comes to it.

@Suplex Well we'll see, like I said I'm not campaigning for this Cena win I just think this one needs time to settle. Owens has been the discovery of the year for them marketability wise, he shits all over Rusev in that respect and most probably Ryback too - he has his catchphrases but I don't notice anyone in crowds wearing his merch. 'KO' shirts are absolutely everywhere; PPVs, Raw, NXT, ROH, PWG - I really can't see them wasting him.

Plus it's hard to get behind your argument when you call it a 'demise' and the two you named are in perfectly reasonable positions.

• Paid Members

Fair enough. The demise remark is in relation to the absolute sh*t storm those defeats caused (in threads on here at the time) and the ensuing struggles they've had in getting to a respectable position.

These reactions are all too predictable whenever Cena wins, but what I can't my head around is, why exactly would anyone in the world think that someone like Kevin Owens should be convincingly beating John Cena in feuds. I surely don't have to weigh up the obvious merits of both to illustrate just how absurd a notion it is, and I surely don't need to explain why you can't just have every newcomer appearing on the scene and going straight to the top at the expense of the biggest wrestling star in the world.

So fuck, Owens lost in the end. He was facing John Cena so of course he should have lost. I'd like to think that even the most rabid indie fanatics would be pragmatic enough to realise that, on balance, Owens has done rather well for himself in his rivalry with Cena, holding his own in competitive matches and even being given a win. And all while essentially being allowed to keep his indie act rather than adapting to big league wrestling style & norms, which is pretty much unprecedented.

Archived