WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

• Paid Members

At least it's something. Personally, this has me interested in what happens on Raw, which is the goal.

Taker wouldn't look so bad if he sorted his hair out. He looks like 55 year old Vern Tessio during a meltdown, after a hard shift with the forklifts.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Taker is suddenly outraged about a match he lost (fairly) almost a year and a half ago.

"I considered avenging my Wrestlemania 30 loss at Wrestlemania 31. After all, Lesnar and I were in the same stadium and we even passed each other in the corridors once or twice throughout the day. In the end I decided to wait on the off-chance that he'd be on the brink of a championship victory at one of the C-Shows preceeding SummerSlam because zombie motorbike voodoo powers."

OR they could spin it like The Undertaker didnt know whether he could still 'go' any more and didnt seek immediate retribution against Lesnar because he thought his career may be over. However with Wyatt 'resurrecting' him and his decisive win at WrestleMania it has reinvigorated him and made him realise that he can still be The Undertaker that he once was and made him seek retribution against the man who beat him...... or something like that.

Undertaker is seen as this mythical bad-ass so with him making an unexpected appearance it makes sense that Lesnar would be shocked/apprehensive as to why he was there. I guarantee we'll see cocky Lesnar & Heyman back tomorrow, like 'Okay, you caught Lesnar off guard but he destroyed you at WrestleMania and he'll do it again' kinda thing.

It's wrestling, the can spin it however they want.

Fucking Owens and Cena having their Smackdown vs. Raw match again. If you have a trilogy of matches, the guys in it should learn from their past matches. There's not enough times where that happened - it was just an exhibition of movez. I've not followed Raw so I don't know if there's any reason for Owens to keep going to Cole or not but it seemed odd.

When this feud with Cena's over, I think he's going to be exposed more than he is already. He can't do the 'copy taunt/catchphrase/finish' routine with everyone as a) it'd grow old fast and b) there aren't enough established taunts/catchphrases/finishers. His character seems all over the place - his kid liking Cena thing is fine but again, when the Cena feud's finished, what is it? Cocky, tough, fat, Swanton Bombing guy? You need to have strengths and weaknesses as a wrestler. Imagine it like a game of Top Trumps - Jeff Hardy is fast and takes risks but isn't strong. Cena's strong and has great resilience but can't outwrestle people. Owens is too undefined. And if tough is his big 'attribute', it's not one he convincingly excels at.

Also, the pop-up powerbomb is pretty shit. I can accept it against Cena, but when he did it against Samoa Joe it looked so wrong.

Sheamus vs. Orton was a good opener. I appreciate that it was in St Louis so the crowd would react well, but they worked it well too. I like Sheamus in that he's a heel who the crowd will hate - he's not going to get clapped and cheered by the smarky sections. He has consistently good matches too.

Don't mind the Taker thing. Doesn't make much sense and I don't care for the rematch much, but it gives the WWE a bit of a shot in the arm for interest going into Summerslam.

Owens/Cena was a slow burner, but I totally disagree that it was just a ~movez~ match, it came into its own once they'd got the repertoire out of the way. 

I can't think of any point where I thought it was potentially over. They were obviously going for an 'epic' match, so that was a pretty big failing for me. The story was that Cena threw everything at Owens and had to try new offence - that was basically the story of the other matches. No real progression in the trilogy. No emotion. Not a great deal in the way of selling. Just get up and do the next high spot.

Also, you're saying it's a slow burner but then insinuating they got all their movez out of the way early doors. That doesn't say slow burner to me. I especially wouldn't say it was a slow burner as the pace didn't change through the match.

• Paid Members

The fact they're still relying on Undertaker to bump the ratings makes the decision to end the streak look even more stupid now. That said, even though I doubt a match with Lesnar will be any good, I can get behind it as long as 'Taker wins. The product's been in need of a big feel good moment for a while (stuff like Reigns not winning at Wrestlemania and even not getting the MITB win have left me utterly deflated),  'Taker beating Lesnar would provide that for me. And if they have big plans for him in the near future he really needs a big win first, the nothing win over Wyatt did fuck all to rehab him.

Michael Cole made a point on commentary, highlighting that nobody had pinned or tapped Lesnar out in 2 and half years. Obviously, it's hard to beat someone who has only had 5 months worth of TV time within that 2.5 years, but I really think beating Lesnar clean should be one of those "star making moments" that the cretins on Heelbook whined about when it wasn't Ziggler who beat the streak.

The streak ending only for Undertaker to be the first man to beat Lesnar in forever is a waste really. Sure Lesnar has to lose eventually, Reigns at Wrestlemania would've made the most sense, but having the 90 year old Undertaker beat Lesnar... I don't think I can suspend my disbelief with that one. Not even with all the smoke and mirrors that Undertaker usually brings with him.

That seems to be WWE's mentality today though, everybody gets a win back no matter how important it may or may not be.  I can't think of any feud/big match/small match/squash match in a while where each individual hasn't gotten a win over the other.

• Paid Members

What I hated about this was Brock is over to the level he is because people see him as this real person, who can murder you and throw a car door the length of the Wembley pitch. His whole gimmick is built around how he's a real life hard case who nobody can beat. So seeing people disappear when the lights go out is a huge disconnect for me. Of all people, Brock doesnt need this hokus pokus bullshit in his matches.

Also how the fuck is the Undertaker not a heel here? I mean, I get that he's the Undertaker and all that, but he walked in just as the biggest face in the company was going to win the title, attacked him, BOOTED him in the bollocks and gave him two finishers. I don't care what anyone said about your brother or this that and the other, that's a dick move.

• Paid Members

Sting interrupts to cost taker the win making Lesnar look even more of a clown.

OR...Kane interrupts because he wants revenge himself.

The possibilities are so bad it's laughable.

Orton - win.

Census - win.

Rollins - technical win.

The dross continues.

Makes no sense to me.

So many people (myself included) thought it was a bad idea ending the streak but Taker is clearly finished and Lesnar has went from strength to strength and has a lot of milage left in the tank.

Why would Taker come back for that one-off appearance at WrestleMania with Wyatt only to appear again when Lesnar is now the top face for his revenge?

Can't see how this does anything for anyone.

Archived