WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

I've just sat down and turned the Network on ready for the show, but I'm actually second guessing watching it and thinking about going to bed.  I have to be up for work at like 6am anyway, so my choices are either sleep, 2 hours sleep or no sleep.  Battleground is only being considered coz I need to do some work too, so this is my time to catch up

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I've taken away from this event is the fact that Roman Reigns transformation into Dean Ambrose is complete. How can one man fall for a run-in this many times?

I haven't got words for the rest of the event. No interest in a Taker gets his win back rematch against Lesnar.

hopefully the outcome is something that's not even crossed anyone's mind as I'm not sure I like the sound of a lot of the speculation going around.

that was pretty much what the speculation was about. not keen. I'm as up for a Taker comeback as anybody even if he's ancient but this was just weird. Didn't feel right.

The womens triple threat was ace though and Cena/Owens 3 may have been the best of the bunch so I'm content enough.

• Paid Members

Yeah it was weird. Why wait a year for his revenge? It was however the first time in 3 years he didn't look his age or as broken as he did. The HBK/HHH matches did major damage to him and getting numptied by Brock inside 90 seconds didn't help. He at least looked 1) in shape and 2) younger than his previous outings. Does anyone know the legit injuries he's accumulated in the last 5 years? Curious.

WWE will get a wee boost from the tombstone city Tees which will be on sale for raw tomorrow.

Sadly though it leaves the title in limbo and once again they pretty much end Owens as the next superstar a la Ryback by having him lose for NO REASON. Decent match but he could have marched on and Cena could have bailed out the IC division for a bit.

Orton notched up another pointless win. Eugh.

Yeah it was weird. Why wait a year for his revenge? It was however the first time in 3 years he didn't look his age or as broken as he did. The HBK/HHH matches did major damage to him and getting numptied by Brock inside 90 seconds didn't help. He at least looked 1) in shape and 2) younger than his previous outings. Does anyone know the legit injuries he's accumulated in the last 5 years? Curious.

Funny you should say that, as i thought the opposite. I genuinely thought he looked terrible at the PPV.

• Paid Members

Genuine question, but really who was the last person to tap out to Cena's STF? After everything thrown at Owens he taps to a filler move by Cena that doesn't put down most men on 2/3 occasions? Baffling.

Taker looked dreadful. Chalk me as someone who hasn't been interested properly in a match of his ever. Just don't get the buzz with him. Probably was a bit young at his peak in the late 90's and since then I've never gone out of my way or been excited to see a match of his on a card. He's a good big man and a nostalgia act, That's it for me. Absolutely no interest in him crippling himself further with Lesnar as Vince cracks out trusted option A on the "we need to sell more PPV for our big 4 as our direction is lacking everything".

Wyatt-Reigns was great. They really went for it. Reigns is so fucked, though. Not being protected anymore and his promos are as shit as ever.

Owens needs rehab and to not have a singles match with Cena for a long, long time. Also, if they do this fatal 4 way at Summerslam and Cena loses the belt without getting pinned, Cornette face.

Main event was meh. Thought it was a good show overall, though.

• Paid Members

Wasn't really into this show. Skipped through Sheamus/Orton, Tag Titles and Divas because I just didn't give a toss.

Wyatt/Reigns was really good. Struggling to think of a better singles match Wyatt has been in. Says everything about the lack of ideas that they've nothing more for him though than a reunion. Loved the counter to the apron dropkick. That headlock was great to. "He's quitting on you" was a great line. No idea where Reigns goes now.

Cena/Owens was fine. Wasn't different enough from the previous two for me to really get into. Agree with the previous point from Chilli, I think, that it felt like an attempt to have a great match again rather than either of them having learnt anything from the previous matches. The criticism above of the STF, a massively established finisher, is moronic though.

Found it interesting that the main event started with only 13 minutes left. Brock doesn't work by the hour for sure. Match never really got going, crowd seemed quite for most of it.

Disappointed with that finish. Firstly because Taker looks fucking awful. Secondly because the reign of terror continues.

Taker doesn't look like someone Lesnar should be afraid of. I can't buy it.

Pretty meh overall.

• Paid Members

So Taker is suddenly outraged about a match he lost (fairly) almost a year and a half ago, yet does nothing to the guy who broke the leg of his brother last week.

I know wrestling and logic aren't mutually exclusive, but fucking hell.

Yeah, but that brother has also buried Undertaker, and put him in a casket and set it on fire.

Archived