WWE Battleground 2015- Discussion, Predictions, Spoilers etc

Callum1993

Surprised there's no topic on this yet.

So we've got:

Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins for the WWE Title

Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt

John Cena vs Kevin Owens for the U.S Title

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

The New Day vs The Prime Time Players for the Tag Titles.

Plus King Barrett vs R Truth on the pre-show again.

Should be a pretty interesting show Not really looking forward to anything other than the main event but with plenty of rumors floating around regarding Summerslam and potential returns it's intriguing.

I'd imagine there'll be matches added involving Cesaro, Rusev and the Divas. 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should've stuck Sheamus in a better feud, Orton is just stuck in no man's land at the moment and he's about as boring as he's ever been. But yeah it's all about the main event tonight and I'm also looking forward to the rubber match with Cena and Owens. Wyatt V Reigns could also surprise us. Whatever happens tonight there's gonna be a huge turn around storyline wise with Sting and Taker set to appear on Raw tomorrow night.

I'm not particularly interested in this show, but since I've now got the network and it's a local holiday tomorrow, I might actually try to watch it live.

Honesty can't recall the last show I watched live outwith a Wrestlemania or Royal Rumble.

Ryback got a staph infection so it's off, just postponed I assume, I expect we'll see Big Show v Ambrose cos they built for that with a table spot on Smackdown. Plus hopefully a womens segment

The two 'feud' matches have been so poorly built. As it stands, every living wrestling legend on the planet would have to interfere to get me into Wyatt/Reigns, and some dead ones would have to turn up to get me into Orton/Sheamus. Face Orton is boring as piss.

Really hyped for Owens/Cena III, hopefully we get a Cesaro match too. Lesnar match can go so many ways but should be an exciting match, hopefully the outcome is something that's not even crossed anyone's mind as I'm not sure I like the sound of a lot of the speculation going around.

Hopefully this all leads to Vince hilariously losing all sense again and spending the match telling commentary to remind us WCW was full of child molesters and rum-runners.

Not sure I'm into Sting v Taker like most are.

As Jim Cornette said on a podcast last year - 'What's the finish?'. He has a point.

Say the match takes place at Mania - If Sting loses then he's a two time loser in his only WWE matches. If Undertaker loses then it further tarnishes his Mania legacy. Its fine booking the match but if you don't have a definite finish (and, hey, maybe they do) then don't do it.

• Paid Members

As Jim Cornette said on a podcast last year - 'What's the finish?'. He has a point.

Say the match takes place at Mania - If Sting loses then he's a two time loser in his only WWE matches. If Undertaker loses then it further tarnishes his Mania legacy. Its fine booking the match but if you don't have a definite finish (and, hey, maybe they do) then don't do it.

So in essence, we wouldn't be sure who was winning? Sounds like a selling point to me. Genuine intrigue as to who wins for both casuals who just watch it and for cynical smarky cunts like us who analyze everything and think about the booking and keeping people strong and all that other shit that I wish I could just switch off inside my own head.

To be honest, neither of those reasons matter going forward. The point of that match is to make people pay to see it, not anything to do with long term booking. Undertaker's legacy is that he was undefeated at WrestleMania for 23 years. It's "was" now, and ever more, and so does it really matter if he loses to Sting, now? Once you make your dollar off Sting vs Taker, it doesn't truly matter if Sting loses either. I don't think there's a match left for him out of the rest of the roster that I'm bothered to see him have. Sting and Taker is a "times and places" affair that doesn't ring true with a Cena, and Real Estate Steve is not getting ragdolled by Brock Lesnar at his age.

Come to think of it, it matters even less for the loser if it's going to be their last match, which I wouldn't rule out for either of them if the match happens. Even though in my heart, I still want Sting's last match ever to be with Ric Flair.

Face Orton is boring as piss.

Did you find 2013-14 heel Randy Orton thrilling?

Not particularly but for me, he's never been this stale

Archived