WWE Money In The Bank - spoilers, obv

Linus

• Paid Members

Ryback/Show was the worst kind of Raw angle shoved onto PPV. Shame because a 5-8 minute Ryback/Show match with a proper finish would be perfectly fine and enjoyable.

Totally. As soon as I saw they'd given away the Shell Shocked on Raw I knew it was a bad sign, the match should have been about the anticipation of wanting to see Ryback hit the move. The finish was terrible, Ryback needs some quick victories to keep his momentum as champ and a DQ ending against the Big Show is the opposite of that. I hope whatever Ryback does with the Miz turns out to be alright.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I loved The Big Guy reminding us he hated bullies though. When The Big Guy really hated Bullies just before he was with Heyman, Me, NEWM, M'lord, and Short Order Cook fantasy booked an awesome angle for him in chat. And it was good fantasy booking as well! Bascially Darren Young had just came out as being a gay, and we booked an angle where Ryback would follow Young around calling him a Gaylord and a Poof and a Shirtlifter and stuff and then throw his bag into a tree, and throw his boots over the fence onto a railway track and Young would have to wait until after school to get them.

• Paid Members

We occasionally have threads trying to predict wrestling 10 years in the future. Can you imagine how mental you'd have looked if you got everything right.

That Money In The Bank match from WrestleMania will be a PPV of its own, but you won't have to buy it on PPV because you can get it on WWE Network, which is a tenner a month service that lets you watch live PPVs, a weekly developmental show based around El Generico, the complete PPV/SNME/Clash archive plus hundreds of Raws, Smackdowns and Nitros, all on your computer, games console or the screen of your mobile phone. One catch is that there'll be no bookmark feature for Chris Benoit what with the whole killing his wife and son deal.

New Japan will have a similar service, and New Japan will actually be good again, and AJ Styles will be IWGP champ. There'll also be ondemand services for two British promotions that hardly use any imports. One will have just sold out a 700 seat building in 21 minutes, while the other will have regularly done crowds of 1,000-1,600 and be preparing to run a 5,000 seat venue, with its success based in so small part on a Scottish mainstream culture celebrity in the shape of The Lost Scot from this forum.

Anyway, back to Money In The Bank. Former WrestleMania main event winners American Dragon and The Miz off Tough Enough won't wrestle on the show. Neither will the man with the longest WWE title reign since Hogan, CM Punk - he'll be long gone and training for a UFC match.

The main event will be Tyler Black retaining the WWE title by beating Jon Moxley in a 35 minute ladder match, setting him up to fight former UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Sheamus O'Shaunessy from Irish Whip Wrestling will win Money In The Bank, just beating out that Pac kid you may have heard about from tiny Northeast England indies.

Oh, and John Cena will still be going and won't yet have turned heel. He'll be doing a Canadian Destroyer on Kevin Steen.

• Paid Members

Imagine what change will be like in a decade time. I could see all wrestling being a weekly animated show and Austin, Rock, Hogan, Flair will all be headlining by doing voice overs. An impersonator will be brought in for Mr Perfect and Rick Rude. All will be in their prime. Flair and Hogan will have head fulls of hair. It'll just be like that WWE All-stars game.

• Paid Members

We occasionally have threads trying to predict wrestling 10 years in the future. Can you imagine how mental you'd have looked if you got everything right.

That Money In The Bank match from WrestleMania will be a PPV of its own, but you won't have to buy it on PPV because you can get it on WWE Network, which is a tenner a month service that lets you watch live PPVs, a weekly developmental show based around El Generico, the complete PPV/SNME/Clash archive plus hundreds of Raws, Smackdowns and Nitros, all on your computer, games console or the screen of your mobile phone. One catch is that there'll be no bookmark feature for Chris Benoit what with the whole killing his wife and son deal.

New Japan will have a similar service, and New Japan will actually be good again, and AJ Styles will be IWGP champ. There'll also be ondemand services for two British promotions that hardly use any imports. One will have just sold out a 700 seat building in 21 minutes, while the other will have regularly done crowds of 1,000-1,600 and be preparing to run a 5,000 seat venue, with its success based in so small part on a Scottish mainstream culture celebrity in the shape of The Lost Scot from this forum.

Anyway, back to Money In The Bank. Former WrestleMania main event winners American Dragon and The Miz off Tough Enough won't wrestle on the show. Neither will the man with the longest WWE title reign since Hogan, CM Punk - he'll be long gone and training for a UFC match.

The main event will be Tyler Black retaining the WWE title by beating Jon Moxley in a 35 minute ladder match, setting him up to fight former UFC Heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Sheamus O'Shaunessy from Irish Whip Wrestling will win Money In The Bank, just beating out that Pac kid you may have heard about from tiny Northeast England indies.

Oh, and John Cena will still be going and won't yet have turned heel. He'll be doing a Canadian Destroyer on Kevin Steen.

Don’t forgot: Sting will have finally signed a WWE deal and actually appeared at WrestleMania.

Worst PPV in a long time.

All the matches were either shit or boring, or had the wrong outcome (I'm referring to Sheamus winning MITB).

To have Cena and Owens have an identical match to last time but with a different winner is really poor.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed MITB. My post-Mania plan of just keeping up with WWE by watching PPV's and NXT is working out fine as RAW & Smackdown usually drain any enthusiasm I have for WWE Mania brings pretty quickly.

Loved Cena/Owens almost as much as the first bout. Thought the MITB match was fun & had no problem with Sheamus winning. In fact, it was a bit of a relief as I was convinced it'd be Reigns (who I find bland as fuck). Main event was decent too, Seth Rollins is consistently great & I've really warmed to Ambrose in the past couple of months. Was a little disappointed with Ryback/Show & I skipped through the womens match. Solid 3 star show to nurse my post-Download fest hangover.

NXT Owens dumps from a great height on Main Roster Owens. NXT Owens is a brawling wrecking ball, steamrolling opponents with solid believable offence. Main Roster Owens talks like a pro but works like a teen on the indies, jumping all over the place and running through movez that get botched every other match.

Paige's promo was so shit. Not only the delivery (is she mildly slow? She can't pronounce the word "held"), but the content of her gripe with the Bellas is ridiculous. The Bellas as some long-running tyrants of the division holds no water. Nikki Bella has been in WWE for seven years and has as many divas title reigns as Paige, who debuted about 15 months ago.

Archived