WWE Money In The Bank - spoilers, obv

Linus

Everyone seems to agree that Wyatt needs followers around him. Having Rowan and Harper return to the family would be fine so long as there's some new twist on it. Something as simple as giving Wyatt a valet to go with them would help.

But just as big of a problem is how separate, and therefore inconsequential, Wyatt feels to the rest of the Fed. It's great that he occupies his own world and his character is more believable as a result, but he needs some thread back to the whole business of being a wrestler; winning matches, title belts, that sort of thing. He needs to either win something of consequence soon, or at the very least convince us that he would like to.

The only things of consequence to be won in the WWE are the Royal Rumble, the Money in the Bank briefcase, and the World title. Or at a push the US title, although only if its taken from Cena. When he appeared in the MITB match I thought they were going to have him run off with the brief case, which would have helped him to no end, but in stead it was one of his usual unprovoked run ins on an interchangeable babyface.

It was a missed opportunity but nothing the booking can't fix given how talented he is. As others have said though his competence might actually be holding him back at this point. The writers seem all too content to use it as an excuse to give him the same lazy, repetitive feud over and over again.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Fair point. Apologise for the misread. Mind you... I reckon Kevin Owens might be decent opponent for old Reigns.

I think it might be a bit too soon for Owens. He's looked great so far but he still hasn't really established himself yet. If he loses his feud with Cena and then loses a feud with Reigns, he could end up in a similar position to Wyatt.

His character was great, when he could back things up in the ring, but now he's just a bloke who talks a good game before losing.

Credibility isn't Bray Wyatt's problem, being a boring fucker is. He won his last feud, but you probably don't remember that because it did nothing for him and even he forgot it the second it happened. Same as he does every win or loss. He randomly attacks someone, he talks in riddles, he wins or loses, and he repeats the same shite with someone new.

If they actually bother to write a feud this time, instead of just lazily going "the lad's confident on the mic, let's leave him to it" this could be great for him and Reigns.

Aye, you're spot on. He does the same thing every feud and none of it means anything. The big problem for Reigns, though, is that I don't think anyone, anywhere believes that Wyatt has a real shot of winning this feud. It's going to be very hard for them to elevate Wyatt instead of dragging Reigns down.

But aye, they need to do something different. The old "Heel wins the first match, Babyface the second and then they have a rubber match" won't help either of them.

It's pretty easily done, as well. Wyatt let them go to test their luck singularly, and by and large (outside off some sterling IC matches) both have fallen by the wayside. Having Wyatt bring them back, spouting off about how they're nothing without the family, makes sense and serves a purpose, especially against a former Shield member. They better bloody do it now.

I like that idea. It could also (and logically should) lead to Ambrose getting involved in the feud, which would give him something to do outside of the title picture. The Wyatts having an extra man would make things a bit more even.

I actually think Ambrose and Reigns winning the Tag Titles might be a good idea, if done properly. There's a lot of potentially great matches with Harper and Rowan, New Day and the Usos (when they are back) that could elevate the entire division while keeping them strong for when they move back into the WWE Title picture.

• Paid Members

She was called Audrey Marie. She'd been in FCW a good little while prior to the switch to NXT, and she appeared on the NXT TV show quite regularly in it's early days, although never actually in association with Wyatt other than in the vignettes.

There were a few others like that, too - IIRC Kris Kristofferson's kid (Garrett Dylan?), Rusev and maybe Scott Dawson were among the larger group of followers that appeared in those vignettes.

What's the point though? They'd basically do the job of J&J Security, or the Rosebuds. Him having loads of followers is fine to establish the character, but establishing the character was never the problem. They did that brilliantly straight away with the intro videos. Actually having the character do something in a wrestling context is where they fall down. Apart from moments in the Bryan and Cena feuds, they haven't translated the vignette character to the wrestling world well at all.

• Paid Members

What's the point though? They'd basically do the job of J&J Security, or the Rosebuds. Him having loads of followers is fine to establish the character, but establishing the character was never the problem. They did that brilliantly straight away with the intro videos. Actually having the character do something in a wrestling context is where they fall down. Apart from moments in the Bryan and Cena feuds, they haven't translated the vignette character to the wrestling world well at all.

I've always loved stupidly big entourages. I still think the Spirit Squad would've been far better if there had been a fuck-ton more of them at ringside, including some trained Cheerleaders so it didn't just look like it was five wrestlers playing dress up.

Regarding Wyatt, I think the suggestion of adding more people comes from it being a bit shit that this charismatic, cult leader only ever had the two followers. There's plenty of people on the roster that are doing fuck all and who'd benefit from a drastic gimmick change while Wyatt trying to recruit people would provide a logical reason for feuds to happen. It might also mean his feuds would actually have consequences for a change.

It'd depend who he was feuding with. If it's Zack Ryder, yeah, he can put the boiler suit on for six months. If it's Daniel Bryan, it's probably a two week thing before he goes "lol not really" and takes it off. That's the problem with the followers -- nobody who matters is changing their gimmick to Bray Wyatt's lackey.

• Awards Moderator

I'd agree with that - it's felt a bit weird watching Wyatt walk out by himself since he got rid of the entourage. Though for me this feeling might be partly due to the fact I loved the visual of the two big guys walking behind him as he entered.

They wouldn't all have to come out to the ring with him every time, either. You could almost do the reverse and have him issuing orders to his followers from the swamp cabin - Harper and Rowan go after one set of people, Louis goes after another, whoever else goes after another. Weirdo cult misfits taking on all the well-adjusted babyface types. And consequently anyone looking to get their hands on Wyatt has to fight through all the followers before they get to him, sort of like an videogame end boss.

• Paid Members

It'd depend who he was feuding with. If it's Zack Ryder, yeah, he can put the boiler suit on for six months. If it's Daniel Bryan, it's probably a two week thing before he goes "lol not really" and takes it off. That's the problem with the followers -- nobody who matters is changing their gimmick to Bray Wyatt's lackey.

Well, yes, but that's the point. It'd be a way to give a sense of direction to people that are going nowhere. A bit like how The Ministry allowed Faarooq, Bradshaw, Mideon, etc, to reinvent themselves. Besides a Cult really should be going after people that aren't important. Someone like John Cena isn't going to join a Cult. The likes of Ryder (if he has a complete make over), Bo Dallas and maybe Jack Swagger, on the other hand, make perfect sense.

Having them show up on NXT and kidnap Marcus Louis (who really is a good fit, Harmonic) would also be a unique and unusual way to call him up to the main roster, even if he is just standing around looking crazy at first.

Archived