WWE Money In The Bank - spoilers, obv

Linus

the MITB was good fun, not sure about Sheamus winning, but once Reigns had been 'taken out of the equation' (I thought he was about 7 billion times more likely to win than anyone else) I started marking hard for Neville, he was great obviously

Divas title went on for longer than 10 minutes, holy shit

Couldn't really care less about Ryback, Show & Miz, but I guess that's a mildly intriguing triple threat set-up

Having PTP beat New Day when the numbers game has been levelled was a good decision, pleased for them, but kinda hope it's a short reign as New Day are great value

Cena-Owens was class again

The ladder match was a beauty, but I don't think Ambrose should've got up when Rollins piled all those ladders and chairs on him, it looked cool when he did of course but I just thought that should've been the winning spot, the actual winning spot as mentioned was a little peculiar. Believable enough, if two guys both bring the belt down, the one who keeps hold after the fall deserves it, but it did seem to suck most of the crowd's energy - despite the fact everyone loved that match. Trips' pep-talk was ace, I wanted to see a proper new side of Rollins - ideal scenario was he goes out there and beats Ambrose decisively, Sheamus tries to cash in, Rollins beats him too, walks away posing and yelling about how he's the best and can never be touched, continuing on into Raw, then obviously release the Lesnar

great show I thought, definitely best since Mania anyway

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A slight annoyance was them announcing Reigns/Wyatt for the Battleground event before this show had even been 1/3 of the way through. What happened to letting things progress naturally? They've got FIVE weeks until that show, which is a long time between events in the current climate, let things breath and have Reigns chase the match. Just unbelievably lazy and short-sighted, which I guess shouldn't be a surprise by now really.

They did the same at Elimination Chamber with Cena/Owens in immediately announcing the rematch, which was more understandable given the circumstances and the excitement about that one. They're just desperate to have a match to advertise straight away and in this new case the feud will suffer from it.

Wyatt better sell this next feud a hell of a lot better than the Ryback one, or tbh I might have to consider him for the useless bastards thread.

Wyatt's promos on Ryback basically amounted to Wyatt sittin in a dingy room goin "Ryback has muscles, but also he is scared", if they can't come up with anything better for this feud, he is pretty much done.

Don't know why Wyatt decides to pick on Reigns anyway, lad beat him clean the other week after fighting Barrett and Mark Henry in the same night

• Paid Members

Wyatt's clearly not useless. He talks great and his work is normally decent, sometimes really good. It's just that no-one has any idea how to construct the character in the confines of a wrestling promotion. What is he? Is he a cult leader? Is he an evangelist? Is he a serial killer? Is he a butcher who lost the contract to supply all the meat to WWE catering?

Whatever he's supposed to be, it doesn't come across at all because he does nothing but taking in riddles.

Also, John Cena and Roman Reigns have both been tremendous on the big stage this year. I'm not trolling either, look at how good they've been in their respective matches.

They are #1 and #2 as far as PPV MVP's go this year. I don't think anyone else is even close.

Here come the miserable bastards again who just can't enjoy the product, this PPV was fucking boss.

Bow down to King What's Up. That match between Truth and Barrett was rather bland and nobody seemed to care for it, obviously, but I've always been a fan of Truth so looking forward to his King What's Up. Barrett, fuck me they've ruined him again. He needs to go back to giving Bad News because that's really what got him over.

Money in the Bank match was enjoyable, even if not the all time best of those sort of matches. Sheamus winning was a nice surprise as he was probably the one I least expected to win. Everybody else, even Kane, had a storyline to follow with the briefcase. Looking forward to see what Sheamus does now, I could see him joining the Authority.

Paige vs Nikki produced one of the best women's matches on the main roster in the last five years last night. The finish was a bit shit and everybody was expecting the twin magic switch again. However, Brie's fake tits was comical. It was a shit finish but still funny. Nikki has improved ten fold in the ring and is a very good heel. Really good match.

Ryback v Big Show was obviously there to set up a bigger match at a later date. Miz before the match played his character very well. Ryback should have a good reign with the title, Big Show and Miz are a decent pairing for him to get started with - especially with their history with one another.

Owens v Cena was undeniably great. It's that simple really.

New Day and Prime Time Players was a proper curve ball because it looked like New Day were going on a lengthy reign. They've got over and they're doing well with it. Hopefully this is not one of those cases where WWE splits up a team too soon, also hopefully not a change of title just so Harper and Rowan can take the titles off the babyface team.

Ambrose v Rollins was, like the Owens/Cena match, was undeniably great. This will be the go-to feud for both men throughout their WWE careers.

• Paid Members

I don't even have much of a complaint to last night bar WWE Logic.

Brie interferes and doesn't get DQ'd, meaning Paige is entitled to a rematch, any contact with Paige would count as an attack. Nikki then gets a cheap win, meaning she can push Paige to the back of the queue essentially.

Sheamus who hates anyone smaller than him seemingly, wins MITB but doesn't cash in on a much lighter Rollins who is somewhat like what he doesn't like. Despite the fact Rollins has been through ladders, chairs, off top ropes and hit with everything Ambrose could.

Commentary wondering if Nikki felt super confident because Brie wasn't with her was stupid as fuck as well. I get they think fans are fickle but please. Guessing this leads to a lumberjill match?

I however did love the quality of each match. One of my favourite PPV's in ages.

Sheamus seems the type though not to want to mess with The Authority so can see why he wouldn't cash in on Rollins, he is more likely to cash in with the belt on someone else or unless The Authority take Sheamus on board and kick Rollins out and have Sheamus cash in on him. 

You could see Rollins being big headed, somehow surviving against Lesnar whether by DQ or some shenanigans and then Sheamus taking it off him perhaps. But not sure how Rollins would get on as a Face.

• Moderators

Rollins, down the line, will make a great babyface. That's why I despise him, he's got a babyface's offensive arsenal. His favoured manoeuvres would suit being a babyface far more than a heel. There's an element of risk there in them and I think he'd be marvellous fighting from underneath. I can't dig him at the moment though, he just still screams "midcard" to me, especially as a heel. He's too small, which is worse because he works like a small guy, and he crosses swords with Dean Mr Midcard Ambrose and hasn't got a proper win in this feud with the man who can't beat anyone.  Them two on top just felt weird. Rollins vs Ambrose feels like a Smackdown main, not a PPV one.

• Paid Members

A potential Sheamus v Lesnar title match has got me a bit hard. Two big bastards beating the crap out of each other.

When Brock was around and people were trying to predict his next feuds I was gutted Sheamus wasn't on his level at the time because that's the one I really want to see. I hope it happens.

• Paid Members

I wasn't a fan of the show. The opening ladder match was standard WWE spotfest fare that gets rolled out these days. Instantly forgettable and the wrong winner. No one really shined at all in this. Reigns looked good for his spots but that probably only amounted to 3-4 minutes screen time. And a feud with Bray Wyatt...fucking hell. I love both men and just over a year ago the thought of a feud between them got me wet but both have been booked so terribly since then and lost all momentum I just don't give a toss. It's a crying shame and more proof that whoever books this stuff needs to be sacked asap.

Ryback/Show was the worst kind of Raw angle shoved onto PPV. Shame because a 5-8 minute Ryback/Show match with a proper finish would be perfectly fine and enjoyable. New Day/PTP had the wrong result. I like the PTP but New Day are one of the few acts with buzz around them at the moment.

Controversial opinion here. I didn't like Cena vs Owens. I love both men and have enjoyed the angles and promos leading up to both matches but the matches themselves I don't like at al. They basically wrestled for 2-3 minutes before going into the "hit big move, kick out, lie around, repeat" cycle for the next 20 minutes. For two guys who hate eachother I didn't feel the hate. Owens is supposed to be the heel right? So why's he kicking out of all these huge moves and wrestling like a babyface? Owens hit a Sweet Chin Music, Codebreaker, Swanton Bomb and Attitude Adjustment all in one match! In the Sami Zayne/Owens matches he wrestles like a full on heel and it's beautiful to watch. Here it's just big move mayhem.

On the other end of the spectrum. I loved Rollins/Ambrose. It had real emotion and sucked me right in. It didn't play like the usual WWE spotfest ladder match. These guys wanted to kill eachother and everything they did made sense and I believed it. I didn't like the fuck-finish ending but everything leading up to that I would say it was one of my favorite matches of the year. No fancy bullshit, no "cool heel", hot babyface vs despised heel, two dudes who hate eachother scratching and clawing to beat eachother.

I don't get all the love for this show...

Opening match was okay, but not up to the standards of previous MITB's.

Diva's had a decent match. The ending was not great at all, and I'd agree with the lack of logic with the finish.

Ryback vs Show was no better than I thought it would be.

By this point, we've had three matches, three shady finishes if you include Wyatt stopping Reigns from winning. I do think that Reigns shouldn;t have won, but there could have been a better way to take him out of the equation than being stopped by jobber-to-the-stars Wyatt.

I don't get why New Day lost the tag titles. They're entertaining, they're over, and I was surprised the PTP beat them. I could understand if Kofi had won MITB, but all in all, a Bad Day.

Cena vs Owens was almost a repeat of their first match, and came across as more of a Ring of Honor match with the amount of huge spots and kick-outs. Cena also ruined the ending by yelling 'Whenever you're ready!' to Owens as he turned away from the handshake. I know these two will have the rubber match at Battleground, but please, show me something different. Owens in full-heel mode would be great.

Rollins vs Ambrose went about 1o-15 minutes too long. It just dragged at the end, and another crap finish. If Rollins was winning to show he can do it on his own, great. But at least give him a clean win, rather than snatching the belt away from the guy. Kudos to Ambrose for the extended selling of the knee, though. That could be the best selling since Shawn Michaels retired.

Archived