Rewatching ECW - discussion of various bits and bobs

IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah, I watched WrestlePalooza 1997 again at the weekend and they were a lot of fun against the Pitbulls.

At one point Tommy Rich got pissed off at the referee so ripped off his jacket and shirt in a rage while yelling at that official. The crowd immediately burst into a chant of "YOU FAT FUCK!" and within 2 minutes he had put the jacket back on.  :D

Almost every stable ECW ever had, right up to the end, all had memorable moments. In those final days I was getting a kick out of seeing Hot Commodity, the new FBI, Diamond/Swinger/Anderson, etc.

I've been thinking of going back and watching Hardcore TV from the beginning in '93, as there's a lot of stuff I haven't seen from those first couple of years. Might have to bump it up my list of priorities to coincide with this thread. Surfer Sandman and all that shit.

• Paid Members

TNA was entourage city. Everyone had about 8 people walking them to the ring. When Justin Credible debuted he had a female bodyguard, a valet and a manager. Jason Knight, Chastity and Nicole Bass just hung around not doing much during matches. I like a good entourage, dont get me wrong. I think everyone likes a wrestler who has a load of different faces hanging around him.

• Paid Members

You're not wrong Ian. Even at the last show Simon Diamond and Johnny fucking Swinger of all people were accompanied to the ring by Dawn Marie, a slim Blue Meanie and Jasmin St. Claire.

Two blokes I always hated in ECW were Jason Knight and Jack Victory. Both fucking useless and terrible. 

I always had a lot of time for Justin Credible though. Looking back I'm not sure why as he was fairly rubbish and nondescript. I think it was his cutoff jeans and awesome entrance music that did it for me though.

Three ECW shows that still hold up well to this day are Heatwave '98, Anarchy Rulz '99 and Guilty As Charged 2000. The rest not so much.

Edited by LaGoosh

• 4 weeks later...