Matches that turned into shoots - (slightly nsfw)

KingofSports

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steiners vs Fujinami/Iizuka, Wrestlerwar 92. Awful show from the Steniers. Scott loses his rag for no particaler reason and they start fucking up the young Iizuka. One of my favourite matches of all time.

No shock Iizuka turned out the way he did, really. In psychological terms, transference.

Why, what's Iizuka like now?

• Paid Members
Why, what's Iizuka like now?

He's a wild, unpredictable nutcase in his late 40s who frequently gets disqualified for ignoring the rules or attacking the ref and thinks nothing of attacking commentators or just generally anyone whose face he doesn't like.

That's just a character, mind.

If we're going to talk about Akira Maeda in regards to "incidents" rather than proper fights, I reckon we'd be amiss without mentioning him smashing Riki Choshu's face in. The full match isn't up on YouTube, sadly. Just a clip of the kick in question.

I uploaded more of the match HERE (Joined in progress, last 7 minutes):

Akira Maeda + Riki Choshu Shoot (NJPW 11.19.1987)

• Paid Members

The 'Mass Transit' incident  wins this surely? Absolutely shocking stuff.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1d4_1367302916

I wouldn't call that a shoot. It was just New Jack doing the "New Jack knocks the shit out of his opponent" thing on a lad daft enough to take it. New Jack was still working the match in his mind.

New Jack stabbing that chap who didn't sell for him would qualify though.

Man, I was expecting a lot worse from that Steiner/Vader match, what are people going on about?  I'm sure those two are absolutely no fun to wrestle (especially nowadays) but that was just an elongated squash match, nothing more.  They were even pretty ordinary chair shots..?!

That first "match" in this thread though?  Absolute craziest shit I've seen in wresting.

• Paid Members

That Antonio vs Inoki match was just strange. Fat Tony wouldn't sell a sausage and just looked like an idiot, so Inoki eventually took him down and proceeded to kick the shit out of his head.

Was lucky he stopped when he did really, that could have ended worse.

Wasn't there a similar one to that Steiner and Vader match a couple of years ago with New Jack and someone absolutely destroying a couple of young (I think black?) guys? That's all I can remember but it's definitely in that category of guys completely taking the piss but the jobbers also probably being a bit starstruck and marking out for letting someone "famous" knock them about. Can anyone remember what it was?

New Jack & Damballah vs American Gangstas maybe?

That first "match" in this thread though?  Absolute craziest shit I've seen in wresting.

It was just as well that Kimura had the sense to throw in the towel, because Wada [the ref] looked like he was going to let 'em go at it again. Act could barely defend herself.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there a similar one to that Steiner and Vader match a couple of years ago with New Jack and someone absolutely destroying a couple of young (I think black?) guys? That's all I can remember but it's definitely in that category of guys completely taking the piss but the jobbers also probably being a bit starstruck and marking out for letting someone "famous" knock them about. Can anyone remember what it was?

Was it this one?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qgYC-XvBSMg

Archived