Matches that turned into shoots - (slightly nsfw)

KingofSports

I've only seen a few, probably no more than 3 or 4 and they've tended to be incidents, as opposed to all-out-war (Maeda/Andre, Brody/Luger, Art Barr/Rambo).

So, could this be the most violent (unplanned) shoot ever? It's Act Yasukawa v Yoshiko from STARDOM. The story goes that there was heat between them anyway & they just tore into each other with abandon. Yasukawa sustaining multiple fractures to her face & Yoshiko suspended or fired (unclear).

Incidentally, the 1st photo was sent to me by a contact in China, who was attending his first ever show in Tokyo. He said it made for very uncomfortable viewing.

7f4c47402436314.jpg d33bc2402436320.jpg 4b39d8402436323.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_lJlDpBeww

30de8f402708592.jpg

Yasukawa is apparently due to return to the ring in the summer. Yoshiko's future remains uncertain & if she does come back, it will be after Act. Yasukawa apologized to the fans, the following day!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone got a link to that Levy match? It was like watching a snuff film of wrestling, all i can remember is someone screaming at him, "learn to sell, learn to sell" as hes getting the crap kicked out him, baseball bats and all sorts. It starts with him against a female then just gets worse and worse, I heard he dropped the lawsuit all so he would have the "honour" of working with them again? Other than Mae Young stripping its the worst thing I think I have ever seen in wrestling.

I am not 100% but maybe its IWA Mid South with Rotten?

Has anyone got a link to that Levy match? It was like watching a snuff film of wrestling, all i can remember is someone screaming at him, "learn to sell, learn to sell" as hes getting the crap kicked out him, baseball bats and all sorts. It starts with him against a female then just gets worse and worse, I heard he dropped the lawsuit all so he would have the "honour" of working with them again? Other than Mae Young stripping its the worst thing I think I have ever seen in wrestling.

I am not 100% but maybe its IWA Mid South with Rotten?

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-mike-levy-incident-scummiest-moment-in-wrestling-history-graphic.223979/

Just remembered the Gypsy Joe/New Jack incident, where Joe wouldn't sell. Probably more infamous for the shock-value of beating up an old fella, than for any resulting injuries.

and...

I recall Foley saying in his first book, that one or other of the Leatherfaces got fired from IWA, following the Spike Nail Death Match. I've got the match, but would need to go back to Foley's account for the specifics. If memory serves, it was towards the end or even after the final bell. I know Nakamaki got fucked-up, but he was a mess from early doors, with blood coming out of his neck & ear. I couldn't determine which particular incident was deemed a sackable offence + it was probably more a case of the guy being a prick, than the match turning into a shoot. It had been pretty much one way traffic, until Ono threw a fireball to gain the win. #andthenonothrewafireball

There was this JCW match where Scott Steiner and Vader go to town on these rookies. Not sure I want to know happened backstage that got these guys in that position

Nah this is clearly a case of two fella's being up for a beating from the stars. It's even introduced as a squash match. I can only imagine the joy in Steiner and Vader's eyes when they saw the two jobbers.

• Paid Members

If we're going to talk about Akira Maeda in regards to "incidents" rather than proper fights, I reckon we'd be amiss without mentioning him smashing Riki Choshu's face in. The full match isn't up on YouTube, sadly. Just a clip of the kick in question.

While I was looking for it, I did find this. PS readers will already know about this - Koji Kitao decides he can't be arsed selling for Earthquake leading to a very tense stand off where 'Quake veers between looking furious and looking strangely terrified.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nlN0mvXCc

There was this JCW match where Scott Steiner and Vader go to town on these rookies. Not sure I want to know happened backstage that got these guys in that position

Nah this is clearly a case of two fella's being up for a beating from the stars. It's even introduced as a squash match. I can only imagine the joy in Steiner and Vader's eyes when they saw the two jobbers.

im sorry but that was REALLY uncomfortable viewing. it can he a squash natch without deliberately hurting someone or treating them like that (those head chair shots..... geez!!!).

im sorry but unless the 2 jobbers came in and said

"maim us we beg u"

or

"we have ure wife & kids & wont release unless u savage us"

then theres no place for that sh*t!!!

a horrible display of liberty taking at its worst!

I watched that IWA clip, I've never actually watched one of those matches as they don't interest me. Only time I've ever seen shit like that is when the WWE have clips of old Foley stuff. It's a world I'm completely unfamiliar with.

It was just utterly disgusting, I mean what the fuck? How are people allowed to run shows like this? From an insurance point of view? There's no way all the necessary paperwork was filed, surely these type of shows shouldn't be allowed to happen?

Can you run shows like that in the U.K? If so, how can the council justify allowing them to do so? And how are there not more horrific injuries and deaths? (Maybe there are, I just wouldn't know.)

I probably sound like a healthy and safety idiot, but I just can't wrap my head around how this would be allowed at all.

• Paid Members

Steiners vs Fujinami/Iizuka, Wrestlerwar 92. Awful show from the Steniers. Scott loses his rag for no particaler reason and they start fucking up the young Iizuka. One of my favourite matches of all time.

No shock Iizuka turned out the way he did, really. In psychological terms, transference.

• Paid Members

It was just utterly disgusting, I mean what the fuck? How are people allowed to run shows like this? From an insurance point of view? There's no way all the necessary paperwork was filed, surely these type of shows shouldn't be allowed to happen?

It's IWA Mid South. It's as hick as you can get. They don't have paperwork. Ian Rotten once paid JC Bailey after a deathmatch with some painkillers and a hotdog. Proper scumbag shit.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there a similar one to that Steiner and Vader match a couple of years ago with New Jack and someone absolutely destroying a couple of young (I think black?) guys? That's all I can remember but it's definitely in that category of guys completely taking the piss but the jobbers also probably being a bit starstruck and marking out for letting someone "famous" knock them about. Can anyone remember what it was?

Yazukawa was out of her mind to keep getting back in there and having her face punched in. What on Earth was she thinking?

The Perry Saturn/Mike Bell match eventually went back to being a work, but there are some uncomfortable-looking spots in it:

Call me Bellend - you're maybe thinking of the New Jack/someone vs D'Von Dudley/Mass Transit match. Pretty much every New Jack match ever was a shoot to some extent, mind.

Archived