Matches that turned into shoots - (slightly nsfw)

KingofSports

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's just some fat kid who didn't know what he was going.

It really, really wasn't just that

How his Dad vouched for him is beyond me

Oh Mass Transit was totally wrong and that. But saying all it was was him not knowing what he was doing is idiotic. New Jack absolutely smashed him, and cut him so badly he passed out.

The kid went into the match pleading Jack to slice him open. He didn't know what he was asking for, was out of his depth, and it's worse his dad was behind him all the way through the charade.

I've already said Mass Transit was partly in the wrong. But if I see an idiot standing in the middle of the road, it doesn't just give me just reason to run him over and mug him. Same thing here.

Steve Austin was nowhere near ready during his first match. He should never had been there. Same with a lot of wrestlers. Doesn't give reason to cut them so badly with a knife.

Trying to justify that is idiotic.

• Moderators

I did a longish post about why I think Paul Heyman is mostly to blame, at least quite a bit more than Eric "Mass Transit" Kulas was culpable but I accidentally pressed back, and when I came back here it was gone. So I'll just say Heyman was at fault with no real reasoning as I can't be arsed typing it all again. It basically boiled down to Paul E. being cheap.

Just watched a Levy vid on YouTube.

People went to jail over this, right?

As far as I know nobody did. Levy apologised to them after the show and continued to wrestle for the company... Unreal stuff. It's one of the most horrendous things I've seen in wrestling, if you can call it that. Ian Rotten is a scumbag.

• Paid Members

From what I gath, Mass Transit was just a dumb kid, and all the adults involved were in the wrong. Dad lying about his age, Heyman accepting the dads word without question, and New Jack taking liberties and just being an aggressive twat.

The kid had a chance to do what he grew up loving, so he would be happy to go along with anything the so called responsible adults said. Heyman surprised me the most. His dad's a lawyer, so you would have thought he would have had the sense to check the kids ID properly. Just vile abuse from all involved.

• Paid Members

probably worth mentioning the Ian Rotten/Peter B. Beautiful match at 2001 King of the Death Matches too. It was kind of an agreed beating from what i can gather. I can't remember the whole story but im sure Peter B. had no sold at a previous show so Rotten taught him a bit of a lesson. It's a fairly harsh beating, but it's clear that Peter B. is complying with what's going on...it's the final few chair shots which are the bad bit, there's no other way to describe it other Rotten was clearly trying to severly hurt the man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miizmqffZ0o

there's a stupid music version of the match, the chair shots are still on there but it lacks a little of the impact it has when listening with the proper sound. They worked together again a couple of days later...

Hick Wrestling 101.

There was a CZW cage-of-death type match where having climbed up the side Ian realised he was scared of heights and wasn't up for the planned slam spot off the top. John Zandig, seemingly not being Ian's biggest fan either, but being pretty strong, scooped up the wobbly mess and chucked him off anyway, breaking Ian's wrist in the process. At least I think that's the gist of the story. It's pretty irresponsible but funny considering its Ian Rotten and he deserves some of that treatment back at him.

• Paid Members

never heard that, i'll track that down.

Rotten always comes off ok in interviews and stuff, especially more recently...he's no doubt a cunt of a man though, the JC Bailey story is just shocking (if true). There was that infamous radio interview a few years back where JC's dad made all sorts of accusations.

Archived