WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wonder if this will finally be the year where Stardust and Goldust get their one on one match. That potential match seems to have been rumoured/mentioned by the guys themselves for ages.

Someone pointed out recently how long it's been since WM featured a one on one match where neither guy has been world champion. Odds are not in their favour. I'd quite like to see it though, even though the Stardust gimmick is shit. Surely doesn't need a lot of writing either.

When the fuck is Randy Orton coming back? What are they playing at with him? for the first time in years, they had someone with a mainstream buzz about them and, although the film timing was bad luck, they've taken him off TV for so long that it's completely gone. They also missed a good chance to bring him back in a surprising manner that would have been memorable with a strong Rumble showing.

They still called them "Wrestlemania 14", "Wrestlemania 16" though. It was just the logo that didn't have the number on it. I think they're doing away with even referring to the number now. Just calling it "Wrestlemania". Makes no difference whatsoever but there'll still be those wans crying about it because Vince isn't recognising the lineage and its history. 

• Paid Members

I don't think it's stupid at all dropping the numbers. Look at UFC, it looks ridiculous when they're promoting UFC 8,442 or whatever number they're on. Same with the Super Bowl.

Do you remember FA Cup 31? That was a classic. Just go by the years, that way you only need to remember the year when reminiscing rather than the number and the year. WrestleMania's 22-26 just blend into one for me anyway. 27-29 are the 'Rock/Cena WrestleManias'.

Someone pointed out recently how long it's been since WM featured a one on one match where neither guy has been world champion.

Wrestlemania 28.  Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler.  Not that long ago really considering how many ex-World Champions there are nowadays

• Paid Members

I love these Vince-isms, like when he decided they weren't going to tell you where they were in weeks Raw was in a shitty town, or when he decided none of the Canadian wrestlers were from Canada anymore. What a great man.

Someone pointed out recently how long it's been since WM featured a one on one match where neither guy has been world champion.

Wrestlemania 28.  Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler.  Not that long ago really considering how many ex-World Champions there are nowadays

Cole V Lawler was Mania 27. And probably one of the worst matches to ever take place on the grand stage. Austin looked embarrassed being part of it. 

WrestleMania 16 was also known as WrestleMania 2000 .  What the fuck does a play icon have to do with 31 anyway?

Cole vs Lawler was WrestleMania 27, and was a novelty match between non-wrestlers. Not the same at all as a middling tag team wrestling each other on the grand stage.

When the fuck is Randy Orton coming back? What are they playing at with him? for the first time in years, they had someone with a mainstream buzz about them and, although the film timing was bad luck, they've taken him off TV for so long that it's completely gone. They also missed a good chance to bring him back in a surprising manner that would have been memorable with a strong Rumble showing.

If he's fighting Rollins at WrestleMania, he probably looks stronger not losing in the Rumble his first night back. Nobody looked strong in the Rumble except Bray Wyatt, DDP and... Well, Big Show and Kane. Chances are it would've done him more harm than good.

Archived