WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

For a four hour show it seems crazy to think the longest match went eighteen and a half minutes long!

Plus, on top of that, the rumour is that they had to cut ten minutes off the main event.

Someone messed up on timing the show.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know reports say the main event was due to have about an extra ten minutes, but was 'cut short' due the Rock/Stephanie/HHH/Rousey segment.

But TBH, i thought the match was the perfect length in time, they got everything in and told the perfect story IMO. Maybe when Rollins came in they could have gotten an extra 5 minutes or something, but personally i don't really have an issue with the match time, i have only seen it once though so ill see in a rewatch i guess.

• Paid Members

There's no way an extra ten minutes would have improved that main event, it was exactly what it wanted to be. I got the impression the Rock/Rousey segment definitely went long, but probably only by a few minutes and they will have made most of that time back up by not showing the Wyatt/Taker build-up vignette on the night (it has been edited back into the version on the Network now).

As stated above the main event was perfectly timed, I think everyone including myself had an idea of how the main event was going to pan out but i expected more offense from Roman, I'm so glad it went how it went and i think both came out strong.

When Lesnar comes back he will be a face and fight the authority but still be this believable monster.

Talking with a few friends that are in and on the british wrestling circuit we all agree this mania was excellent and up there in if not the top 3 the top 5 wrestle mania's of all time.

What i took away from it is that the wwe can still put on a great ppv with every match giving you something to keep you entertained.

Vince has clearly started too loose touch with what most of us (not all) want on a ppv, I think he needs to start working with hhh a little bit more and i believe we can get back to a point that the big company can be enthralling each week

Archived