WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

Am I the only one who remembers the old days where fast, technical cruiserweight types were Intercontinental fare and big, bruising lugs were heavyweight title material? Mr Perfect, Texas Tornado, Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Tito Santana, Ricky Steamboat, all Intercontinental champions.

That's where Bryan should be, and that's not a knock on him. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't really have the option to set unofficial weight designations between the titles, simply because of the amount of stars and the change in pacing compared to twenty or thirty years ago. You can't get six months out of Cena vs Big Show in 2015.

• Paid Members

Who IS physically and performance worthy of facing Lesner?

I would love to see him and Rusev lamp the shit out of each other.

I don't even know if he could physically survive a match with Lesnar let alone put on a decent bout with a good finish.

On top of that, in a WWE landscape where Lesnar has battered The Undertaker, convincingly brutalized a guy as tough as John Cena, and then required a guy with the build and style of Reigns to give him a good fight.... would anyone believe a competitive match between Bryan and Lesnar?? I enjoy Bryan's matches as much as the next guy, but I can't see Brock standing in the corner as he does his repeated running boots without getting bored and lamping him, I wouldn't believe the busaiku knee kick even taking Lesnar off his feet, and if Bryan put him in the Yes Lock, he just stands up, and chucks him so hard into the corner or over the ropes that everything on Daniel breaks at once.

This actually has me sold on D-Bry and Lesnar. Imagine the reaction when he can't knock him over with his running knee! Best bit of fantasy booking I've seen on here for a while.

• Paid Members

Brock would have to slip on the proverbial banana skin in a big way. Bryan couldn't take him down, but he could capitalise on a mistake. Reigns looked like he had no chance of winning on Sunday until Lesnar hit that ring post and knocked himself silly. Then all of a sudden Lesnar looked to be in real peril. They would want to watch a ton of monster movies before trying to piece together this match, study all the creative ways a giant beast can be defeated. 'If it bleeds, we can kill it'.

The difficult part is booking the first few minutes of the match in such a way that Bryan could actually survive the onslaught. The story with Cena and Reigns was that they were super-tough so the first F5 fucked them up but didn't put them down. They can't tell a story like that with Bryan and keep it believable.

This actually has me sold on D-Bry and Lesnar. Imagine the reaction when he can't knock him over with his running knee! Best bit of fantasy booking I've seen on here for a while.

If Bryan had been able to hang on until after SummerSlam to get his surgery, we'd have seen it. Now, we have to wait and hope that Bryan's not retired/wheelchaired/losteveryone'sinterest before Lesnar turns heel again.

Yeah it would have to be a bit more cat and mouse like Brock vs Rey. I wouldn't want to see Bryan taking as brutal a twatting as the beat down that Cena and Roman took just because you know his neck is fucked in real life.

ite a massive shame that they dropped the ball with Reigns because that performance would have made him the star they wanted him to be had he had the momentum and crowd reaction they were aiming for.

With them setting up Brock vs The Authority I don't think we necessarily need a physically imposing opponent for Brock. They can have him hunting down Rollins high jacking shows what not until he finally gets him in a cage match at Summer Slam, cue massive beat down until some high jinx involving Sheamus or Rusev allows Rollins to escape. Have Brock vs Team Authority at Survior Series where he has to win to get his title shot then have him get his title back against Rollins at Rumble setting up the Mania match against The Rock or Undertaker or whoever.

Providing he only has to wrestle 4 times and still has plenty of appearances there's a ton of scenarios they can do to have interesting matches. The Survior Series thing sounds more like an episode of Raw but I just want to see Brock destroying bodies so the more the better.

Archived