WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm actually hoping Taker has this Mania off (though I have to admit it's partly because I'm not going!) as I think the card would be better like this...

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Lesnar vs Reigns (with Rollins cashing in afterwards, regardless of who wins)

Under that you provide good wrestling with:

Orton vs Rollins

Bryan vs Wyatt (Bryan finally beats his bogey opponent)

Then you provide spectacle with:

Cena vs Rusev

Sting vs Triple H

and round the card out with :

2nd Annual Andre Memorial Battle Royal

Usos defending the tag titles

Am I missing anything?

• Paid Members

The sad thing is that could actually be a very good match, motn contender even, but it won't be given a chance. It does look like he's going to be left out a bit this year, no real fault of his own or WWEs really, just everyone else pairs up so conveniently. Dare I even suggest that Chris Jehrico (don't worry, this is never going to happen) could be a good match for him.

So... The fantasy booking starts.... and this will probably be utter shite

Reigns vs Brock- World Title

Divas Title- Elimination match Brie Bella vs Nikki vs Paige vs Natalya

Rock vs Seth Rollins

Triple H vs Sting- for control of WWE

Cena vs Rusev

Dean Ambrose vs Dirk Ziggler

Orton vs Sheamus vs Bryan vs Barrett- IC Title

Usos vs Ascension vs Dudleys/Vaudevillains/Lucha Dragons- Tag Title

Stardust vs Golddust

Pre show

NXT Title Scramble - Zayn vs Neville vs Owens vs Itami vs Balor

I'd pay to watch that... Never happen but meh

This isn't a knock at you Pat because you're one in about a million people who have suggested it, but why are people so desperate to see a "control of WWE" match every year? It seems to have been a staple in Wrestlemania fantasy booking for the past few years and it sounds absolutely rubbish. Plus, they've just basically done that at Survivor Series.

This isn't a knock at you Pat because you're one in about a million people who have suggested it, but why are people so desperate to see a "control of WWE" match every year? It seems to have been a staple in Wrestlemania fantasy booking for the past few years and it sounds absolutely rubbish. Plus, they've just basically done that at Survivor Series.

I'm totally with you on that, It's been Sting vs The Authority, so they have had undertones of that since SS with a damp squib pay off because holidays for Triple H etc. It just seemed logical to do it at Mania, and finish it once and for all. Is likely to be Sting or Triple H's last 'great' match so made sense to ramp the stakes up. No other reason for that tbh.

I'd buy into it without the stip, but others would see it as being integral

What about Dolph Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan at Mania?  Just noticed a Tweet from Daniel Bryan where it looks like Ziggler has offered him a match at Mania.  Not sure how this match would be built or how it would work, but it could be a match that works from 2 guys the WWE Universe likes.  Would it be shat on though just because it's not for the title or anything?

The card I'd go with:

Reigns vs Lesnar

Sting vs HHH

Undertaker vs Wyatt

Orton vs Rollins

Cena vs Rusev

Bryan vs Sheamus

Best Mates Ryback & Ziggler vs Tag Team Champions (or a 4-way or whatever)

Ambrose vs Barrett

Mizdow vs Miz

Kane, after his 2014, is pushing the Harris Brothers for "Worst Wrestler of All Time" honours in my house.

I'm trying to remember when he wasn't shit. Carried in team Hell No is all I can come up withe so far.

He was great in Team Hell No. He had a brief spell on Smackdown a few years ago where he was alright, around the time he put Undertaker in a coma and pretended CM Punk had done it. Before that, he was decent enough in 2001-2002.

He was funny in Hell No, he came off as the lesser in matches though. 2002 he was ok, yeah, but put on some bouts with Test which were the shits. However, Test was the shits. Even Ron and Don had the occasional decent brawl. So Kane stays in the argument for Butch's Worst of All Time.

If you could direct me to any good Harris Brothers matches I'd love to see them.

Though the years of seeing them every match has been tossycock!

Archived