WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Erick Rowan and Ryback v Luke Harper and Curtis Axel

Eh? Why this match? That's a total throw-together. Not only that, but Curtis Axel should not be anywhere near a WrestleMania card. He didn't even make a 30 man rumble, that's how low he is. I wouldn't put Rowen on the card either as it stands.

Ā 

I have no clue what we'll get now, you have about 11 guys that should be on the card (excluding Big Show and Kane, obvs) but the majority of them are faces. Does somebody turn before Mania? Does Bubba get thrown in somewhere? The only ones I think should happen are:

Ā 

Brock VS Reigns

Sting VS Triple H

Cena VS Rusev

Ā 

Aaaand then I'm stuck. Rollins VS either Bryan or Orton makes sense, but then you'd have one of them plus Wyatt and Ambrose left over.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ā 

Erick Rowan and Ryback v Luke Harper and Curtis Axel

Eh? Why this match? That's a total throw-together. Not only that, but Curtis Axel should not be anywhere near a WrestleMania card. He didn't even make a 30 man rumble, that's how low he is. I wouldn't put Rowen on the card either as it stands.

Ā 

Ā 

Just a way of getting Rowan, Harper and Ryback on the card really.

Ā 

Thinking about it though I'd rather see Miz and Mizdow on the card in some capacity.

• Paid Members

I'm struggling to get Ryback & Harper and even Ziggler on the card too. I can't see either if them developing WrestleMania-level feuds before the event, a big clusterfuck match like MITB wouldn't be a bad idea. Shoe-horns some guys onto the event and a car crash match would give something different to the endless 1-on-1's you'd probably have on the rest of the card.

Ā 

Edit: How about a Sting VS The Authority War Games match? That'd make use of Triple H, Big Show & Kane (who, let's face it, WWE will want on the card), Harper, Ziggler, Ryback, Rowen, a couple of others and Sting won't have to do as much as he would in a singles match.

Possible matches outside of the obvious 3 (Brock/Reigns, HHH/Sting & Cena/Rusev) -

Ā 

Taker vs Wyatt

Orton vs Rollins

Bryan vs Heel Sheamus

Usos vs Ascension (Possibly add Dudleyz)

Miz vs Mizdow

Ā 

Which leaves Ziggler, Ambrose, Ryback & Harper amongst others.

Another trophy battle royal?

The card I'd go with:

Ā 

Reigns vs Lesnar

Sting vs HHH

Undertaker vs Wyatt

Orton vs Rollins

Cena vs Rusev

Bryan vs Sheamus

Best Mates Ryback & Ziggler vs Tag Team Champions (or a 4-way or whatever)

Ambrose vs Barrett

Mizdow vs Miz

Ā 

Ā 

Kane, after his 2014, is pushing the Harris Brothers for "Worst Wrestler of All Time" honours in my house.

Ā 

I'm trying to remember when he wasn't shit. Carried in team Hell No is all I can come up withe so far.

Ā 

He was great in Team Hell No. He had a brief spell on Smackdown a few years ago where he was alright, around the time he put Undertaker in a coma and pretended CM Punk had done it. Before that, he was decent enough in 2001-2002.

Ā 

I'm with tiger_rick on Kane. He'd be alright used sparingly, but they seem determined to have him on every show, boring the arse off everyone and alternately being used as a jabroni to avoid Rollins taking the fall, or pushed as a monster as and when they want one. Similar thing with Big Show. The inconsistency plus the shit performances is the killer.

• Moderators

The card I'd go with:

Ā 

Reigns vs Lesnar

Sting vs HHH

Undertaker vs Wyatt

Orton vs Rollins

Cena vs Rusev

Bryan vs Sheamus

Best Mates Ryback & Ziggler vs Tag Team Champions (or a 4-way or whatever)

Ambrose vs Barrett

Mizdow vs Miz

Ā 

Ā 

Kane, after his 2014, is pushing the Harris Brothers for "Worst Wrestler of All Time" honours in my house.

Ā 

I'm trying to remember when he wasn't shit. Carried in team Hell No is all I can come up withe so far.

Ā 

He was great in Team Hell No. He had a brief spell on Smackdown a few years ago where he was alright, around the time he put Undertaker in a coma and pretended CM Punk had done it. Before that, he was decent enough in 2001-2002.

Ā 

He was funny in Hell No, he came off as the lesser in matches though. 2002 he was ok, yeah, but put on some bouts with Test which were the shits. However, Test was the shits. Even Ron and Don had the occasional decent brawl. So Kane stays in the argument for Butch's Worst of All Time.

• Paid Members

Of all the cards being thrown around I'd say Pitco's is looking most likely. I'm not sure how I'd do it, but I'd like to see Sheamus and Barrett swapped round too, I know it was a few years ago but Sheamus vs Bryan is still pretty fresh in my mind and I think Ambrose and Sheamus's style would compliment each other pretty well. Big Show and Kane are probably going to need to be on the card too so I can see them stinking up the place for 5 mins with a pair of unlucky souls.

• Paid Members

Proper excited for Sting v Triple H. The build, so far, has been spot on and the crowd seem to be really into it whenever they've done a segment (granted, only two). Triple H is in such great form right now that you can see the match being one of Sting's best.

Ā 

You wonder what The Rock is doing for 'Mania, this year?

Of all the cards being thrown around I'd say Pitco's is looking most likely. I'm not sure how I'd do it, but I'd like to see Sheamus and Barrett swapped round too, I know it was a few years ago but Sheamus vs Bryan is still pretty fresh in my mind and I think Ambrose and Sheamus's style would compliment each other pretty well. Big Show and Kane are probably going to need to be on the card too so I can see them stinking up the place for 5 mins with a pair of unlucky souls.

Ā 

I'd have a pre-show battle royal for the tag title shot, with Big Show and Kane in that as a team. Ryback and Ziggler to eliminate them last. Ryback and Ziggler were really good in their pre-show interview last night, I thought. There's mileage in them as a team.

Ā 

I'd love to see Bad News Barrett get a match with Bryan at WrestleMania, but BNB's way too midcard at the moment. I could see them spinning a Sheamus heel turn as a big deal, so he'd be a lot closer to Bryan's level.

At the moment I'd have the following card:

Ā 

Lesnar vs Reigns

Ā 

Cena vs Rusev

Ā 

Bryan vs Rollins

Ā 

Triple H vs Sting

Ā 

Wyatt vs Orton

Ā 

Some divas match

Ā 

Andre the Giant Battle Royal - have Ambrose win it I can't think of how to build him back up

Ā 

Ascension vs Usos vs Dust Brothers

Ā 

The Miz vs Mizdow

Ā 

I'd like to think I've at least got the main event right

According to The Wrestling Observer, as of this weekend, the feeling within WWE is The Undertaker will beĀ wrestling at WrestleMania 31. In the coming weeks, itā€™s expected ā€˜Takerā€™s ā€˜Mania status will be officially announced, but itā€™s likely WWE officials already know of his status.

Undertakerā€™s opponent is likely to be Bray Wyatt, which is one of the main reasonsĀ Wyatt had such a strong showing in the Royal Rumble match.

Mr. Money In The Bank Seth Rollins is expected to wrestle Randy Orton, which leaves Daniel Bryan ā€œout in the cold.ā€ Wrestling Observer Radio host Bryan AlvarezĀ thinks WWE will be going to the Bryan vs. Sheamus match that was originally scheduled to last year, before those plans got hijacked by the WWE Universe.

Of course, with the unprecedented fan backlash coming out of the Royal Rumble, this card is subject to change. But asĀ of Monday morning, the tentative WrestleMania card will feature:

• Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar
  • Sting vs. Triple H
  • John Cena vs. Rusev
  • Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
  • Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Archived