WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone pointed out recently how long it's been since WM featured a one on one match where neither guy has been world champion.

Wrestlemania 28.  Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler.  Not that long ago really considering how many ex-World Champions there are nowadays

Cole V Lawler was Mania 27. And probably one of the worst matches to ever take place on the grand stage. Austin looked embarrassed being part of it. 

WrestleMania 16 was also known as WrestleMania 2000 .  What the fuck does a play icon have to do with 31 anyway?

It's a play (no pun intended) on  the WWE Network and how digital the product is nowadays. 

FA Cup 31 was a classic by the way.

• Paid Members

I don't think it's stupid at all dropping the numbers. Look at UFC, it looks ridiculous when they're promoting UFC 8,442 or whatever number they're on. .

Dana has mentioned many times that he tried to phase the numbers out, but reporters and fans kept using them regardless, so he eventually gave up and embraced it. I imagine the same thing will happen here.

I thought the 20th Century Fox ripoff logo looked great for WMXII, and was perfect for the Hollywood theme. Unfortunately, they never carried much of that theme over to the arena (neat canvas imprint excepted), and it looked like just any other show,

The little animation they made with the helicopters looked a bit naff though.

12 & 13 are dogshit. 6 is the best, the absolute classic look. Best since they started messing about with it is probably 24 which is nice and clean cut.

wm_zps6gvhscl1.jpg

Wrestlemania 10's logo is made even better by the sliding door entrance way!!

Wrestlemania 20's is great too.

An honourable mention to when revamping a classic logo has worked well in 17, 18 and 19.

14 and 16 are the worst for me.

actually wrestlemania 23 is the worst!! simply because they haven't bothered stretching the lines across either way from the top and bottom of the M

actually wrestlemania 23 is the worst!! simply because they haven't bothered stretching the lines across either way from the top and bottom of the M

You have to admit though WrestleMania 23 has the best intro pyro ever. It was awesome. And Saliva's Ladies and Gentleman blasting over it just made it even better.

I think 23 is one of the better ones actually, and is also quite neat and clever in that it somewhat resembles a car logo, which I doubt was a coincidence with it being held in Detroit. I guess they couldn't get that effect when including the usual streaks extending from the M

• Paid Members

I always remembered Wrestlemania VII's having a more "'Murka" motif.

2056_-_logo_wrestlemania_wwf.png

I've been watching it on the network and I like the one they use on the show. The one on the poster that someone attacked with Microsoft Wordart is shit though.

I thought the 20th Century Fox ripoff logo looked great for WMXII, and was perfect for the Hollywood theme..

Holy shit. I never made that connection in eighteen years, and only realised after reading this post. Mental.

Snap. I'm therefore prepared to raise it from dogshit to creative but naff!

Archived