having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

• Paid Members

That fucking "Facebook Trending" thing gets me so often, as it did this morning.

I avoid Twitter because I follow a few wrestlers/wrestling personalities on there, but always forget about Facebook as I have any wrestling stuff on there, so don't think about it.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The search thing on twitter has fucked me a few times recently.

If you click the search button, the top trends automatically related to you automatically pop up on the screen before you enter what you want to to enter in the search bar, its fucking stupid.

Still, if you dont want something spoilt the key is just to avoid social media full stop.

The trending shit got me today too, luckily I don't care too much about WWE at the moment but I can see how fucked up it is for someone who does. That box should be an optional thing, most of the time it's complete garbage anyway with "news" about someone (mostly Kylie Jenner) taking an instagram selfie.

• Paid Members

Is Facebook THAT important that can't avoid it until you've seen a wrestling show? Messages can be accessed via a standalone app and notifications can wait until you're ready to go there (or, at very least, squint your eyes to scan them to blur out everything that you aren't focued on). Same goes for Twiter, Pintrest, Bebo and FaceParty.

Fuck, i work in social media and even i find ways to avoid spoilers.

• Paid Members

In my case, it's not that I find it impossible to avoid Facebook (I manage fine to do so with Twitter, which I'm way more addicted to), but that I always forget it's spoiler potential & idly visit the site.

I'm not linked to any wrestling pages on there, I don't have many friends who regularly post about wrestling, so it doesn't register with me that there'll be stuff there until that fucking Trending thing looms large.

Maybe next time I'll remember it's another one to avoid.

I went on the WWE network homepage this morning to check out Battleground and there was a huge poster for Summerslam with a certain individual heavily featured on it. I mean, it was pretty much a certainty, but WWE blatantly spoiling it like that was a new one for me.

Facebook has been the biggest culprit as far as spoilers go as of late. Not even my friends posting on their timeline. But that bloody 'trending' box on the right that seems programmed to deliver as many spoilers about everything as is possible. Be it Game of Thrones, sports, wrestling etc.

That's a ridiculous thing to say. Fucking loads of people rely on the replay because the live showing is on at stupid o'clock. The WWE Network, the place to watch said replay, should not be spoiling anything for at least a week. They've done it quite a few times in the past too. I had Sting's debut and Sami Zayn's NXT Title win spoiled for me a matter of hours after the live showing finished. It's gotten to the point where I'm considering watching a show on watchwrestling.ch to avoid spoilers.

EDIT: this was in response to The Dart.

• Paid Members

How are they spoiling it? It's not their problem you haven't watched the show several hours after it's finished.

The company markets itself globally on a massive scale. It should be pretty obvious to them that plenty of their paying customers in overseas markets, in different timezones, who work in the week, will not be able to view the PPV live on the Sunday night. It's naive of them not to consider that and bizarre to smack a spoilertastic poster for the next PPV on the homepage of the channel that they most desire their overseas audience to utilize - and pay for, no less - in order to view the show, within a few hours of the show happening, ruining it so soon after airing for anyone that couldn't watch it live. In my opinion, anyway. It feels like a massive "fuck you" if you didn't watch Battleground live even though it's impossible for everyone to do so. 24 hours grace wouldn't kill them, would it?

• Paid Members

Indeed. Do they have to give it away on the WWE Network page? Which is solely used for watching WWE programming, a lot of the time watching something for the first time? Having it on the WWE home page is one thing, and completely understandable/acceptable, but having it on the WWE Network page is ridiculous. A bit like when they occasionally give away a major result on the cover/sleeve of their DVDs. That's a fucking stupid thing to do. The main event for example could be Randy Orton defending the WWE title VS Daniel Bryan, then on the back you have a massive picture of Bryan holding aloft the title in celebratory fashion.

How are they spoiling it? It's not their problem you haven't watched the show several hours after it's finished.

So you're saying that if I haven't seen it by 7:00am on Monday morning, three hours after the show has finished, then I deserve to have it spoiled by WWE? This wasn't me checking Twitter, Facebook or the Observer. It wasn't even the main WWE.com page. This was the actual website that I pay for to legally watch the show. So if you don't watch it live then you don't matter. That's essentially what you and WWE are telling me. I may as well cancel the subscription right now then. They couldn't have held off until after Raw to put that poster up? Absurd.

I'm not saying you deserve it, I'd be annoyed too. I'm just saying it's not their problem. They want people to watch live, and start talking about the next big event the second it's finished. That's just how they work. It might be an annoyance, but I'd guess a massive percent of people who watch, watch live, so they're going to cater to those people.

Archived