having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

• Paid Members

I assumed that this week's new Wrestling Observer Newsletter (usually goes up on the site Wednesday night our time) would have been finished and published too early to have included coverage of last night's live Cruiserweight Classic show.

I was wrong.

:-(

Ha this was my morning also. So frustrating although can't really get mad as it is a news story. Right in the headline though, gutted.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I assumed that this week's new Wrestling Observer Newsletter (usually goes up on the site Wednesday night our time) would have been finished and published too early to have included coverage of last night's live Cruiserweight Classic show.

I was wrong.

:-(

Ha this was my morning also. So frustrating although can't really get mad as it is a news story. Right in the headline though, gutted.

I purposely stayed away from the main Observer site entirely for that reason, choosing to pick up the newsletter via the link on their message board/forum site instead to avoid headlines.  BAM! there it was...

I've done a pretty good job of unfollowing people on Facebook who like to post spoilers immediately after an event, but I was blindsided on Monday by somebody "liking" a post from WWE about one of the Backlash results and Facebook deciding to tell me they'd done so.

The worse part was on first glance I didn't see but my own fucking self sabotaging mind had to have a second glance to find out if I had been lucky first time to miss it or if there were no spoilers.

Every time!

• Awards Moderator

I had the CWC result spoiled for me this morning as well, checking the notifications for the work Twitter account (desktop version) and the winner's name was still in the worldwide trending topics that show up on the left hand side of the page. That'll teach me for being good and getting into work for 7am.

• 2 months later...

when did the Metro start reporting on WWE events? all day I've avoided twitter, facebook, wrestling related sites, all the usual places, then I clicked on a news story from a google news link about.. I can't even remember what it was about but I figured it'd be safe territory and right at the bottom of the story "X destroys Y at Survivor Series!" but, instead of X and Y it said names... for fucks sake. on the fucking Metro site!!! I knew I should've  stuck with xhamster and the daily mail site (I always clear my internet history if I've accidentally ventured to the daily mail site)

It's times like this I'm glad I don't have any mates who like wrestling. Yes, going to all those events alone like a Billy no mates finally has a very small silver lining!

But seriously, who does that? I hate even having an inkling of the result- as last night has shown us, WWE can still surprise us!

I've not been at work today because I've been waiting in for workmen, so I had Survivor Series on and off through the day. Then when I sat down to watch it properly, the main Raw vs SmackDown match finished and I turned it off, thinking it was the main event. I completely forgot about Lesnar vs Goldberg until I looked at the Survivor Series thread and saw people discussing it. I quickly went back and watched it, but what I'd read had been enough of an inkling to what happened so I'd lost the novelty factor.

It's times like this I'm glad I don't have any mates who like wrestling. Yes, going to all those events alone like a Billy no mates finally has a very small silver lining!

But seriously, who does that? I hate even having an inkling of the result- as last night has shown us, WWE can still surprise us!

It's not just wrestling fans. Got a text from a former colleague the Monday after Wrestlemania 30 along the lines of "did you see Wrestlemania? I am shocked!!". The guy hadn't watched wrestling in about a decade so again I knew exactly what he was referencing.

Weirdly, the guy who sent me the spoiler from last night is exactly the sort of person that would get majorly pissed off should somebody spoil Game of Thrones etc for him.

• Paid Members

I've not been at work today because I've been waiting in for workmen, so I had Survivor Series on and off through the day. Then when I sat down to watch it properly, the main Raw vs SmackDown match finished and I turned it off, thinking it was the main event. I completely forgot about Lesnar vs Goldberg until I looked at the Survivor Series thread and saw people discussing it. I quickly went back and watched it, but what I'd read had been enough of an inkling to what happened so I'd lost the novelty factor.

Shit, I'd have cried. I'd still be crying.

I never saw Lesnar break the streak unspoiled. I wasn't really into the build to that Mania so I just watched Raw to see the Warrior. Mind blown by the streak and never able to see it that first time again.

Shit, I'd have cried. I'd still be crying.

I never saw Lesnar break the streak unspoiled. I wasn't really into the build to that Mania so I just watched Raw to see the Warrior. Mind blown by the streak and never able to see it that first time again.

How the fuck did ya miss the streak? I didn't watch it live either, but it was inescapable that day. In my time spent not watching WWE, and really basically ignoring wrestling between late 2007 and early 2014, only the first Taker v Michaels match and CM Punk's pipebomb ever popped up on my radar. And even then only in passing. This was eeeeeverywhere

Unlucky Rory on having both of those moment spoiled, I'd have fucked off mates altogether if that happened to me.

• Paid Members

Just watching the replay of the match on the Network - you'd have it ruined for you easily if you just moved your mouse and saw there were only 5 minutes left of the show when the bell rings. It's pretty obvious what's about to happen.

Archived