having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

I've been ever so good today, only looked in off topic on here, not looked on twitter, not been on facebook, it'sĀ been a long hard day. I thought the BBC News website would be fine but apparently not, according to a headline on the Top Read Stories bit (I didn't click on the story and I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know) a certain person did a certain thing at Wrestlemania, which presumably means that this particular person lost to a certain other person, the result of which wasn't a huge shock, but there's highly expecting things to happen and having the BBC - The BBC! spoil it for you, and the presumably post match thing which the news story reported on, I'd have expected it on the Daily Star or something but this is Her Majesty's Broadcasting Corporation! I'd avoided all the usual places, and the BBC News top stories did it for me. I may as well click on the Wrestlemania thread and read it all now!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

I've been ever so good today, only looked in off topic on here, not looked on twitter, not been on facebook, it'sĀ been a long hard day. I thought the BBC News website would be fine but apparently not, according to a headline on the Top Read Stories bit (I didn't click on the story and I won't spoil it for anyone who doesn't know) a certain person did a certain thing at Wrestlemania, which presumably means that this particular person lost to a certain other person, the result of which wasn't a huge shock, but there's highly expecting things to happen and having the BBC - The BBC! spoil it for you, and the presumably post match thing which the news story reported on, I'd have expected it on the Daily Star or something but this is Her Majesty's Broadcasting Corporation! I'd avoided all the usual places, and the BBC News top stories did it for me. I may as well click on the Wrestlemania thread and read it all now!

If you're at all interested in watching the show, can I recommend you don't read the thread? There is at least one decent surprise you've missed.

• Awards Moderator
9 minutes ago, Cat crater said:

Yeah having CM Punk return at Mania and win the Battle Royal was a truly magical moment.

After all this time, Boss Man winning the Battle Royale was a decent enough consolation.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

No I'm not going to read the thread, just preparing to start watching now (I watched the kickoff last night but had to be up at 5.30 do couldn't go further) I just couldn't believe the cheek of the BBC, I'm tempted to write to the Queen to complain

Ha ha. Brilliant.

As mentioned in the WM thread, I had possibly the best biit of the show spoiled by the Network skipping on my PS3!

I noticed the network app had given me a few notifications that would have fucked me right off if I'd read them before I saw them (I watched the first half of the show on a 15-20 minute delay)Ā 

I also had a skipping issue. They skipped straight to the Raw women's champ celebrating, so I cared even less about that one

1 minute ago, Grecian said:

Luckily, I've already seen it, but the WWE Network has emailed me to tell me all about something that happened. That would have annoyed the hell out of me!

I saw on my phone they emailed me and I deleted it straight away! Ā Thanks, glad I did!

• 3 months later...

I've had a couple of bad instances of spoilers.

1. Brock breaking the streak. I was waiting until after work to watch Wrestlemania. I made a point of avoiding social media and any wrestling websites all day. While I'm at work I get a message off my mate in New Zealand saying OMG can't believe the Undertaker lost! He quickly realised and asked another friend to email me at work telling me not to check my messages but it was too late.

2. I ordered Royal Rumble 2011 on pay per view. I was going to watch the repeat and when I ordered it, it goes it's about to start, do you want to change channel now? So I click yes and it shows me the tail end of the previous showing and I see Del Rio celebrating. Thanks

50 minutes ago, notevenjail said:

I ordered Royal Rumble 2011 on pay per view. I was going to watch the repeat and when I ordered it, it goes it's about to start, do you want to change channel now? So I click yes and it shows me the tail end of the previous showing and I see Del Rio celebrating. Thanks

Sorry, that one's tickled me.Ā :D Such an unforeseeable design flaw, because when else could it possibly matter?

Archived