having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

• Awards Moderator

Just watching the replay of the match on the Network - you'd have it ruined for you easily if you just moved your mouse and saw there were only 5 minutes left of the show when the bell rings. It's pretty obvious what's about to happen.

That's where I was - but I assumed a screwy finish, not what actually happened so I was still surprised.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a text off my mate saying "! wont spoil it for, but everyone is pissed off the main only last 2 mins". He's one of those that you will tell you not to spoil the result of England vs San Marino for him to say "I won't ruin the result for you, but there's no surprises". That fucking ruins it you pleb!!!! People are thick

Just watching the replay of the match on the Network - you'd have it ruined for you easily if you just moved your mouse and saw there were only 5 minutes left of the show when the bell rings. It's pretty obvious what's about to happen.

Thats why I find it hard to skip matches as the timer ruins it for me, so cannot look at clocks or anything. 

Maybe one day they add a spoiler free option you can select that doesn't tell you how long is left. 

• Paid Members

I had a text off my mate saying "! wont spoil it for, but everyone is pissed off the main only last 2 mins". He's one of those that you will tell you not to spoil the result of England vs San Marino for him to say "I won't ruin the result for you, but there's no surprises". That fucking ruins it you pleb!!!! People are thick

I remember asking someone to record Who Wants To Be A Millionaire for me when it was still relatively new and popular. 

When I got the tape (yes, we still used VHS back then to record stuff!) I was told "I won't tell you what happens, but no  one gets the million". 

I remember asking someone to record Who Wants To Be A Millionaire for me when it was still relatively new and popular. 

When I got the tape (yes, we still used VHS back then to record stuff!) I was told "I won't tell you what happens, but no  one gets the million". 

Who wants to be a Millionaire was always spoiled anyway as when someone had won the Million it was always in the paper or the news beforehand

• Paid Members

Who wants to be a Millionaire was always spoiled anyway as when someone had won the Million it was always in the paper or the news beforehand

Complete agree, but this was in the brief period of time before that happened, when you genuinely believed it could happen at any time. 

Once the first winner happened though, then yeah, we knew if it wasn't in the tabloids, it wasn't happening. 

Complete agree, but this was in the brief period of time before that happened, when you genuinely believed it could happen at any time. 

Once the first winner happened though, then yeah, we knew if it wasn't in the tabloids, it wasn't happening.

And if Richard Wilson is to be believed, it was rigged to take viewers away from the last One Foot In The Grave.

Without sending this off topic. Every now and then I watch a bit of F1 but sometimes on delay depending on work/race start times but would avoid spoilers, my Misses only knows one racing driver (Hamilton) then would say something like "I know who's won"......which gives it away really as she only knows Hamilton.......

• 2 months later...

Saw a thumbnail in my recommended vids list on Youtube that spoiled the Women's Title match at Elimination Chamber.... whatever, it was my fault for going on Youtube. Anyway, I messaged him just to let him know that his thumbnail was a bit of a spoiler and that people might get a bit pissed... a bit later he'd changed the thumbnail... to a spoiler of the main event. 

Never going on Youtube before watching a WWE event ever again.

RevPro were desperate to immediately blurt out the result of the RPW Title match on the New Japan show on Saturday. I know news is news and blah blah blah, but this is the same thing that pisses me off with WWE sometimes. What happened to the days when they'd just go "Shibata and Ospreay just had a great contest... catch the replay" without actually giving the result away?

• Paid Members

I logged into New Japan World unspoiled to watch Wrestle Kingdom 11 and was immediately greeted by a massive picture of the champion, which was annoying.

Archived