Royal Rumble 2015 Discussion *SPOILERS FYI*

Onyx2

• Paid Members

Good bet that. If he's in it, he's probably going to win it. Its going to be a surprise if he shows up in the Rumble match, so surprises of that size dont lose. Of course he could be there to do an angle to set up a match.

But logic is totally fucked because if he is in it, its amazing they never promoted it. Even sent out a press release or did a breaking news thing on the Network. Word travels fast when you are a name as big as him. If he is actually in the Royal Rumble they've made a mental choice by doing it as a surprise.

Should have had him last year, actually. If number 30 hit and you heard "If ya smeeeeeeeeelllllll ..." it would have got the match way back on track.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With PPV dead, perhaps a surprise is the way to go.

If it's information inaccessible until the show itself, perhaps tomorrow people wake up, find out and go 'oh shit, I need to get the network'.

It's not like before, where you promoted the fuck out of the show in the hope that people spend money on ordering it before show time and if they didn't, then on Monday it'd be considered a failure.

There's no time limit on people's money anymore, and no ones buying one show. Everyone's ten dollars are as good tomorrow as they are today. Rewarding existing subscribers is probably an effective way of getting people to cough up tomorrow.

Could anyone see The Rock beating Lesnar for the title at Mania only for Rollins to cash in afterwards?

Complete longshot but could also set up Rollins/Rock for the year after or something.

I'm getting way ahead of myself now, if he's appearing (and I have my doubts) it must be to set something up rather than compete in the rumble.

With PPV dead, perhaps a surprise is the way to go.

If it's information inaccessible until the show itself, perhaps tomorrow people wake up, find out and go 'oh shit, I need to get the network'.

It seems equally (or more) likely that they'd watch it and go 'oh shit, wish I'd seen that live, nevermind... I'll wait for Raw.'

Perhaps the network numbers are massive and they've deemed that the leaking it via Meltzer/Twitter approach worked so well with Sting at Survivor Series that they're going to keep doing things that way.

I'm sure it's been covered, so apologies if it has, but are we getting 40 participants in the Rumble tonight?

I'm pretty sure at one point they DID say it was going to be a 40-man Rumble, but it's long since been confirmed as a thirty man match tonight.

Yes, they did a Smackdown I think in Philadelphia the week before tickets went on sale, and promoted it as a 40 Man match, but never mentioned it again.  Apparently the reason was to be to make sense for several ECW nostaliga appearances, but they changed their mind about that.  Might still be one.  Only 17 people have actually been announced for the match.

• Awards Moderator

I hope rumours of Rock returning spread like wildfire tonight only for him not to show up and Mysterio comes out at number 30.

Fantastic!

I'm amazed people take this wrestling betting stuff so seriously. Had no idea.

So few people must bet on wrestling, that it's not going to take much to shift the odds.

I really doubt he's there for the Rumble, as fun as that'd be.

Maybe he comes out to help Reigns towards the end when Show and The Authority are trying to screw him.

Archived