Royal Rumble 2015 Discussion *SPOILERS FYI*

Onyx2

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every last weird decision of the Rumble just made me even more convinced The Rock was gonna be no. 30. Yes, I got so wrapped up in the action that every little audience-killing booking just strengthened my resolve they were building up to an explosion.

Meh, I thought the Rumble match was actually really fun for the first twenty minutes or so. Then it gradually died on its arse right to the bitter, bitter end.

On the bright side, my student bar was showing it live so I was in amongst a horde of cliches, but the girl that served me behind the bar, I intend to go back tomorrow and read her E. E. Cummings until dawn. Oh, and the title match was great fun.

Cannibal Man is right, you have to admire them. I didn't care who won, or at what point you throw out Bryan, but you don't chuck him with no fanfare whatsoever. It was like Savage in '94. And so we spent the rest of the Rumble thinking "they must have something really good to make us forget that" and it was the Rock, far too late, getting involved where he doesn't belong, helping Reigns (who should be able to beat jobbers Kane and Show on his own) and then Rusev shows out of nowhere and is quickly dispatched of anyway. Nothing made a damn bit of sense.

• Paid Members

Aside from the title match and Stephs rack at the end, that was one of the most dismal, bewildering cavalcades of meaningless, meandering dog shit i've ever suffered. It wasn't so much what they did, but it was the way the fuckers did it. The match disappeared up it's own arse as soon as Bryan was unceremoniously dumped out the ring, Randy Savage could have been number 30 and there would still be no saving it.

Bryan can't Boss Man the Rumble every year, and there will need to come a point when a vocal, hostile crowd don't get what they want, but by christ they sure as shit didn't get what they wanted tonight. I can only fathom that they were going for a "shock from out of nowhere" stunt similar to the streak ending. It didn't play out well at all. They could have used Bryans exit for the mother of all heel turns, lay the seeds for somebody getting a boot in the balls somewhere down the line. Instead he was put on his arse by the same guy who beat him a year ago and again the other week. By the end of the show I wouldn't have been fussed if Curtis Axel had rolled into the action after Reigns had unknowingly and accidentally eliminated himself by prematurely exiting the ring by stepping over the top rope. Wheeling out The Rock was an interesting move but the magic didn't rub off tonight.

Reigns looked like a performing chimp holding a zookeepers hand as his big moment stank the house out. It's a crying shame, but we've all had our Rumble dreams shat on tonight. That includes Bryan, Reigns and everybody hoping for a decent show. 

Spoiler below....

Bubba Ray got fat again!

He was fucking massive, wasn't he? Shame really, he looked brilliant in TNA.

But yeah, total damp squib of an event. The triple threat was excellent, absolutely marvellous, but everything either side of it was total rubbish. Some of the eliminations were truly mind boggling.

Brilliant title match. Shit Rumble.

I don't hate Reigns winning, but they could have made it less obvious. Have a final four of Wyatt, Rusev, Bryan and Reigns, let one of the heels/Authority interference eliminate Bryan, then have Reigns prevail. Even a 10 year old could have seen that Kane and Show had no chance of winning.

They probably thought getting Bryan out quick meant people had time to forgive and forget, then be nicely rambunctious again by the end. Oh well. It was going pretty well until that happened. Everyone's entrance bar about 4 or 5 after that getting booed was both funny and depressing in equal measure.

Having Rock basically do his promo at the end is not good. Tonight shows they've got themselves into a position where they're determined to push Reigns to the moon, but have zero faith in his promos. Kind of an inverted Ziggler.

I may have discussed parts of the rumble match in my above post.

On another note, how many AA's did Cena hit without a pinfall? Including Lesnar kicking out of one at 1, and kicking out of three consecutive AA's. Does some damage to the claims of Cena being selfish.

I haven't watched any WWE shows since the mess that was TLC (NXT aside), I've been so jaded with the product of late but I love the Royal Rumble, I look forward to it as much as, maybe even more than WrestleMania. I signed up for the Network last week so was getting the show for free, which was like a second Christmas. I was hyped for it all day, even though I knew Reigns would win. And I wouldn't have had a big problem with that had him winning the Rumble, hell, the whole Rumble match itself, been well booked.

I get what they were going for, bringing in the Rock to get the fans on Reigns' side, but it backfired big time. Vince is obviously so stubborn and out of touch that he couldn't understand there were a handful of guys more deserving of the win, but let's forget about that for a second. If you want Reigns to look strong going into Mania, then what the hell kind of booking was that? He had to get his cousin to help him batter the big cunts when he should be fighting his own battles. It'd be one thing if Kane or Show had any credibility left, but for fucks sake, it's 2015, they don't belong at this level any more. I'm really excited to see how he manages to beat Lesnar now, maybe an Undertaker run in?

Speaking of Lesnar, what a fucking match the title match was. They had me suckered in with that, I genuinely thought Lesnar was hurt. Rollins is a bonafide star now. The rest of the show was there. The New Day are really shit.

I've already cancelled my Network membership. I'm sure I'll keep reading the results and watch Mania, but the product just isn't for me anymore, tonight confirmed that. At least the Boogeyman showed up.

• Paid Members

I'm cancelling the Network. Not specifically because this show was so bad but because I've already ran out of shit to watch and we noticed in chat that the network stream was running about 20 seconds behind the PPV stream. Fuck that.

Well that finish went down worse than a shit sandwich.

Rumours going abound on Twitter that fans are blocking wrestlers and officials leaving the arena in their cars.

Archived