Royal Rumble 2015 Discussion *SPOILERS FYI*

Onyx2

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Rock somehow is in it then surely he has to win, unless Lesnar loses the title beforehand without being pinned or submitted and screws Rock over during it and someone else wins. I remember the odds last year changing dramatically at the end and Daniel Bryan was fav, only to not even enter, I'm still going with Reigns or Bryan to win.

Seems like there's a litany of possibilities for the Rumble match and the WWE title match, so I was already getting hyped for the PPV, add the potential of The Rock and I'm practically creaming myself.

Whatever happens, I don't want Randy Orton returning to win the Rumble. I can see an Orton vs. Rollins feud being fun, but I don't think it needs a title or a Rumble win. The injured WWE main eventer returning to win the Rumble is a little played out with Cena and Edge being relatively recent- although it's mad to think that this year to Cena's MSG victory is what the 2000 Rumble is to Yokozuna's Rumble win.

The Rock returning to win would be along the same lines, but I could forgive it because it's The Rock and anything to set up Rock vs. Lesnar is cool with me.

• Paid Members

Yeah that's a good idea Steak, there are rumours that both could be in there anyway. Being in Philly, they will surely get good receptions as well. Anyone that doesn't watch NXT could see it and think of it as a big deal, a nice little inventive to promote NXT as you say and also encourage network subscriptions.

Watching it on the network tonight. I hope the quality isn't shit. Has anyone suffered in the past with the network not being able to handle the load during a live PPV stream?

Nah, I think the very first time they did it (NXT Arrival) was a little choppy, but I watched Wrestlemania XXX live and it was perfect quality.

Reminded me of when they eliminated CM Punk and RVD early in an Elimination Chamber to force the fans to cheer for Lashley.

I can see what they were trying to go for, but it didn't work. The crowd were completely dead for half the Rumble. It killed the entire match.

Overall I thought it was a pretty terrible show. That Rumble was jobbertastic.

• Paid Members

As long as they handle the Bryan exit correctly, he shouldn't get shat on too much.

Oof! The rumble was going pretty well (very cool seeing DDP), but Bryan's elimination sucked the life out of it.

Another big thing I've noticed in recent rumbles is that no one is really given cool shit to do. Reigns may have been shat on less if he pulled out a few cool spots during the match, reminding us why he is special. Before the ending I think he was laying on the  floor for ten minutes.

Title match was great, too many finishers though. The show had a million superkicks too.

Undercard felt like a Raw.

Not good.

Archived