Royal Rumble 2015 Discussion *SPOILERS FYI*

Onyx2

Felt like Bryan was in the Rumble for 2 minutes. Not good. If they are going with Reigns, then have him eliminate Bryan to win after 5 minutes back and forth as the final 2. Bryan fans (like myself) would be appeased with that and Reigns gets put over by Bryan (have Bryan do the respect handshake after losing, the fans are not going to shit on Bryan) and then beat Lesnar for the title at Mania. A star is born.

Also, who would you say should not and would not be number 30 at the start of the night, Dolph Ziggler. Stupid.

Great title match. Lesnar retains. Cena is protected. Rollins is awesome.

Also, they attempted to break the elimination record but fucked up with Titus didnt they?

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Honestly think fans are out of order on this one. We all know Reigns has what it takes to be a star but yet he's been turned on because WWE have recognised it and because he's not Daniel Bryan.

Does he have what it takes, though? He has the look, yeah, but what else? He hasn't exhibited any phenomenal promo skills and he hasn't had the chance to (or isn't capable of) put on a great match as a singles wrestler. 

• Paid Members

Genuinely shocking arrogance from the biggest company in the world. Cancelled my network as have no interest in Fast Lane if they continue down the road they're going and it's not like they add new content to the thing worth watching. There's much better accessible wrestling content out there right now than what they're putting out, will watch Mania in the pub or somewhere if I want to see it. The booking in this company right now makes no sense at all. Vince McMahon has completely lost it.

• Paid Members

#CancelWWENetwork is the number 1 worldwide twitter trend right now.

That has to be some kind of wake up moment surely? The only time ive ever enjoyed one of the under card matches more than the rumble itself. The ending was pure shit desperate shit at that, throwing the rock in to try and get Roman over wont work at all.

So we are looking at a main event for Fast line "Roman & rock vs Show and Kane...............fuck me.

I know its not "cool" to boo Cena and anyone that does is deemed to be trying to get themselves over but the guy was supposed to the face in a match against two evil heels? I know it was philly but he does not get a much better reaction on Raw. 

When is the next NXT take over?

*edit*

I would pay a few months worth of network if they lived streamed in the meeting today when the explain to Vince what # trending means.

Just in case

After Bryan's early elimination, and with the guys that were left after Number 30 came out, I really believed that Reigns WASN'T going to win. I thought they may have gone with Ziggler / Ambrose / Wyatt / Rusev winning.

Then at the end, I thought I'd missed Rusev's elimination, so when it looked like Reigns / Show / Kane, there was no doubting who would win, but then realisation hit that Rusev hadn't been eliminated, what a great idea it would have been to have him win instead...but that didn't happen either.

I'm not against Reigns. At least we have a new star being made (hopefully). Just feel it could have been done better

Honestly think fans are out of order on this one. We all know Reigns has what it takes to be a star but yet he's been turned on because WWE have recognised it and because he's not Daniel Bryan.

No. Stop it.

Nobody is pissed off that Roman won, the issue is that it was a terrible Rumble match and helped no one. He should have hit the ring and spent five minutes kicking the shit out of everyone that was stupid enough to go near him. Just superman punches, spears and eliminations for a few minutes would have sent the crowd crazy. Instead he ran in, lay on the floor until The Rock had to help him with Big Show and Kane.

The final three was so uninspiring, if Rusev had been in the ring it could have added a touch of credibility to Reigns not winning. I was honestly hoping for a Vince is senile chant at this point.

Mizdow proved minutes after Bryan's elimination that fans were willing to forgive and give the match a try, but WWE just didn't bother giving anyone any reason to

• Paid Members

SPOILERS OBV

Top trolling by WWE. I wholeheartedly agree with them. Fuck one "smart" crowd who were determined not to enjoy themselves. They made the right decision.

The execution was pretty shit though. From the minute Daniel Bryan came out until the second the Rock appeared, it was almost all toss. It started well with Bubba being a nice surprise and Wyatt dominating. Then went to shit. It definitely shouldn't have. When Barrett entered you had a ring full of absolute hosses. Dean Ambrose was the smallest guy in the ring. That should have been all action with them kicking the shit out of each other but it was so lame. As was having Kane & Big Show just laying people down on the floor. No drama whatsoever. And then Kane & Show tussle on the ropes and it's screaming out for our hero, Roman, to push them both over and they go with that piece of fucking shit.

I've seen worse Rumbles but not many. And certainly none with this array of talent.

I hate it when the crowd are the fucking topic coming out of these shows but they were a bunch of cunts. They weren't even consistent. Before Tyson Kidd's elimination, when Daniel Bryan was in the motherfucking ring, you could hear a pin drop. Then Bryan eliminated Kidd. Not a sound. Then Bryan goes out and now they are chanting his name and booing shit. Also, on the footage of the pre-show, the crowd were going insane for Kidd & Cesaro winning some match. When Cesaro came out late, they didn't make a fucking sound. What was that about?

Word to the wise. Don't have PPV's this big in shit cities where people still chant about a promotion that died FOURTEEN years ago. Bunch of entitled muppets.

To end on a positive, the title match was pretty great. They did a great job of putting the dominant monster in a position of peril. Seth Rollins continues to develop into a super worker. It's a pity his voice is a bit girly otherwise he really would have the lot.

Looking forward to Mania. They've put together the right main event. The rest of the card still looks quiet vague but has the potential to be really good. They've got two months to repair the bit of damage they've done to Reigns since he came back. They can start by letting him destroy the fucking useless Big Show tonight!

• Paid Members

I think you're being too kind on WWE, tiger_rick. You only have to read through the last couple of pages here and take a look at Twitter to see that it wasn't just those in the arena that didn't like what they saw.

I didn't like what I saw, the match was shit.

The decision isn't though. You can't give people what they say they want all of the time. There are too many people with too many opinions. You have to tell the story you want to tell to get to where you want to get. Wrestling is different because stories play out on front of real people but the principle is the same. They get accused of not planning anything and of not making stars. When they stick to the plan to make a star - they get accused of being arrogant.

They absolutely cannot win with some people so they should always do what they think is right and live and die by the end result. They certainly shouldn't pander to people who will pay good money to watch something they don't like. You will never appease anyone with that mentality.

The could have still made an effort to tell a decent story regardless of the ending? Just because the decision is stupid doesn't mean the match had to be the drizzling shit?

In fact putting out a good match would have been the best way to give Roman a boost, instead he won something no one gives a fuck about.

Archived