NJPW World

Sphinx

1 hour ago, ThommoLincs said:

What time does new years dash start tomorrow morning? (UK time)

Thanks

9:30am.

Who does everyone think will finally dethrone Okada? Kota Ibushi?

Great show, I really enjoyed Cody/Ibushi and when he finally goes back to WWE his missus seems to be a good valet, Suzuki and Goto was tons of fun and really enjoyed the double main event, The Jrs and the tag team match. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I've tried to sign up to NJPW world and it asks me for an e-mail address which I supply and the following page asks me to verify by clicking the link in the E-mail

Standard stuff but I dont seem to be getting the E-mails through, I've looked in my spam box as well

I've tried all 4 different E-mail accounts I have with various providers and none of them has received the E-mail

Its been at least 40 mins since the 1st attempt on my main E-mail account and about 20 mins since I tried on the 4th E-mail account

Is it usual to wait this long for the E-mail? Or am I doing something wrong somewhere? 

EDIT: I've tried my wifes e-mail address and its gone through straight away, very strange but no worries I'm all signed up now at least and the evenings viewing has been sorted

Edited by MVP RULZ

To be honest having seen how much content they load, and how many shows getting English commentary, I can’t see me cancelling it anytime soon for that price 

Very impressed by what I saw. Every match built up the journey to the main event and Okada v Naito didn't disappoint, easily a match of the year candidate. Cody and Ibushi was great, Omega vs Jericho was the best match ive seen Omega in even though there were a few weak looking strikes that didn't connect.

Wrestle Kingdom is a equal to Wrestlemania. Brilliant

• Paid Members

I don't think there wasn't a single match, bar one, I didn't enjoy on that card. The New Japan Rumble - although not an 'official' part of WK - was a good way to get me in the mood and from there everything - aside from the six man gauntlet, but I'm not a great fan of six man tags anyway - delivered. Even the Cody/Ibushi match was decent, and I do not like Cody Rhodes. Suzuki/Goto, the four-way (love Scurll), Omega/Jericho and Okada/Naito were the stand outs, for me.

I have to give credit to Jericho. I had question marks over whether he could deliver a really excellent match on a stage like this, and he did. Does make you wonder why he has been so decidedly mediocre, in-ring, in WWE in recent times. Shocked that Naito didn't win. I think for whoever is saying that match didn't deliver: it might be because the Jericho/Omega match was so intense that the slow start in Okada/Naito was jarring. Perhaps it would have benefitted from a WWE-style cool down match in between, but personally i loved it.

Second year running I've been looking forward far more to Wrestle Kingdom than to WrestleMania and second year running WK blew WM out of the water, for me. Probably end up being the second year running that WK makes me want to keep up with NJPW, year round, but then I end up burning myself out by watching the 'Road to...' shows and forget all about it by June.

Also, what is the deal with Callis and all the insider terms on commentary? And talking about the over/under on what a match might get from Dave Meltzer? Cut that shit out.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, mim731 said:

I imagine it depends whether they plan to go back to Okada/Omega next January. They certainly have options, although I'm not sure who they can put with Okada in the short term. I suppose we'll find out at New Years Dash tomorrow. 

Ibushi, one would think.

9 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Also, what is the deal with Callis and all the insider terms on commentary? And talking about the over/under on what a match might get from Dave Meltzer? Cut that shit out.

I think the simple truth is only 'smart marks' are watching this in the US/UK so that's why he says stuff like that, they don't need to do Raw style commentary when their audience are only the hardened wrestling fans, no casuals are streaming NJPW.