Survivor Series Discussion - ***SPOILERS***

neil is brill

• Paid Members

3) Sting's debut was completely spoiled by the graphic on the WWE Network replay. I know his debut was leaked, but it completely took away the will-he-won't-he factor, and I'm sure it did for many others too.

Yikes. If I hadn't stayed up and avoided Twitter & Facebook all day and got home to that, I'd be fucking fuming.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Why do they keep fucking with iconic themes? Part of the fantasy appeal of seeing him show up in WWE, was to hear that music while it's happening. Still a great moment, but considering I got goosebumps just from a 30 second promo that he was going to be a character in a game not too long ago, him actually showing up didn't live up to the way I've dreamed about it for the last decade.

And that's not down to unrealistic expectations or anything, it's down to WWE's pointless tinkering. I'm not sure what their thought process behind it was, "Okay, the fans want Sting, exactly like he was in WCW, so we're going to book him like it's 1997 again... But surely they'll want a modern theme, though! Johnston! Knock one up for us when you get a spare minute, 'dark and brooding' should do. Cheers!" At least they waited a few weeks before butchering Goldberg's in 2003 and let him debut with the one everyone knew.

I feel for Ryback, yet again. The Rusev table spot should have been on him leading to a double count-out.

tiger_rick, on 24 Nov 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

I'd love to see them utilise Triple H as a full time wrestler now.

Same. I got my hopes up earlier this year when he wrestled three PPVs in a row that he'd be back competing semi-regularly. I'm well up for seeing him against anyone that isn't Orton or Lesnar.

• Paid Members

WWE is totally slipping on the stuff people actually want from their wrestlers. I loved it, dont get me wrong, but if this was the early-to-mid-2000s, there would be so much more attention to detail. Fans like the old themes, and they like the customs. They could have easily made a replica of his Starcade 97 gear instead of his t-shirts and tarted up jeans. When KISS got back together, they never wore the old suits from the 70s. They got it re-designed with a new shine on it. Sting always had that luxury that his most famous run and match had him covered up to the neck in a bodysuit. Should have worn that or at least a version of it.

But fuck it. I'm not complaining. I once saw Sting wrestle Bobby Roode in blue boots and a white t-shirt. I've developed low standards for Sting. And you cant do much with the Berbatov hair. Old blokes dying their hair black is very risky. There's a risk he could have ended up looking like a Roy Wood.

See much better with the crow theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlTIYINLOU

They compressed the original six-month Ryback build and fuck up into a one month slot. Brilliant work!

Main event was a cracker, aside from what looks like more Cena vs Big Show coming. Ziggler looked great, Harper and Rowan looked great, and it was full of thrills and spills.

I was a bit underwhelmed by Sting as well, but mostly because I wish it had been a surprise. I was never a WCW guy, either, so I was never going to be jumping for joy unless they did something really smart with the entrance.

Ambrose vs Wyatt was good, too. Their match was very unique to them, which was nice. Solid brawl.

Just watched that video with the proper theme dubbed in -- that would have been perfect!

Dting

Dting 

Dting then

Dting.

Go on then, you're dying for someone to ask.

It was all the rage in the RSPW days, no doubt. Because the S and D keys are next to each other, lol!

giphy.gif

Watched it back AGAIN - JBL references his two NWA title wins (one of which was won whilst in TNA) and says he's made an IMPACT - shots fired.  :laugh:

I was sorta like, FFS JBL, save that info for a later date eh.

• Moderators

That's where I'd seen that hair before, Filthy, Rich and Catflap!

filthyselected.jpeg

If thats whats Stings old music was like then im not suprised they changed it, its shite.

Really isn't.  Obviously you weren't watching in his pomp.

Watched it back AGAIN - JBL references his two NWA title wins (one of which was won whilst in TNA) and says he's made an IMPACT - shots fired.  :laugh:

I was sorta like, FFS JBL, save that info for a later date eh.

After the 'OH MY GOD' shouts I would have preferred pure silence in order to allow people watching to soak it in but, as per usual, JBL loves the sound of his own voice so had to be the loudest.

Just seen this somewhere else - Big Show's turn last night at SS is his 19th whilst in WWE!

Debut Feb 1999: Heel (1)
May 1999: Face - the Union faction (2)
Summer 1999: Heel - Teams with Taker (3)
Fall 1999: Face - wins WWF title (4)
January 2000: Heel - feuds with Rock (5)
Spring 2000: Face - Comedy gimmick (6)
January 2001: Returns as a heel - Hardcore title storyline (7)
Spring 2001: Face - With team WWF (8)
Spring 2002: Heel - With the nWo (9)
Mid 2004: Face - Feuds with Angle & gets his head shaved (10)
Summer 2006: Heel - Wins ECW title (11)
Spring 2008: Face - Feuds with Khali after Mayweather (12)
Fall 2008: Heel - Vickie Guerrero love interest (13)
Spring 2010: Face - turns on Miz after they lose tag titles (14)
Spring 2012: Heel - turns on Cena (15)
Spring 2013 (March): Face - Feud with The Shield (16)
Spring 2013 (April): Heel - KO's Orton and Sheamus/Feud with Orton (17)
Summer 2013: Face - Feuds with The Shield/Authority (18)
Autumn 2014: Heel - Knocks out Cena, joining The Authority who had embarrassed him and fired him, making his life a living hell only 1 year previously. (19)

Nobody gives a fuck what colour Sting's hair is.....the fact is he has made his WWE debut and its the biggest thing thats happened in wrestling for years!

I agree with Slapnuts, WWE have got me hooked on their product at the moment...and they are going to have a great few months leading to Mania.

Archived