Survivor Series Discussion - ***SPOILERS***

neil is brill

Sting will have the best entrance he's ever had now that he's under the WWE machine. They will make it special. Wonder what kind of entrance music they give him.

It'll be his theme from the end of the WCW run. They use it in the 2K15 advert for his inclusion in the game.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So where has this Sting rumour come from? Or is it just another of those "Sting is coming back to be the GM" things that always crop up whenever there's a chance that the current authority figures job is in danger?

PWInsider broke it, I think. Probably wrong like.

PWInsider broke it. Meltzer has confirmed today that Sting is there and the plan is for him to debut. Obviously they could change their minds but I doubt it's "wrong".

He's just confirmed he's in the building and will debut tonight. Not sure how I feel about it finally happening, especially under this WWE creative regime.

Just embrace it, mate! Far too much negativity is placed on everything WWE does these days. Just enjoy it, regardless of how they handle it. This is a huge night for the business. He's the biggest name to have never performed in the WWE.

It's the last guy they can use from the 90's, and expectations are high because they've had decades to plan the day it happens. Just feels really weird. 

No hype or anything, just a decision they made three days ago. I wouldn't have him anywhere near a WWE arena until Wrestlemania, that should be the night it happens. 

Sting will have the best entrance he's ever had now that he's under the WWE machine. They will make it special. Wonder what kind of entrance music they give him.

It'll be his theme from the end of the WCW run. They use it in the 2K15 advert for his inclusion in the game.

Hate to have to correct you but in his last run in WCW his theme was 'Seek and Destroy' by Metallica

• Paid Members

Yeah Metallica was his last theme and there's no way they're paying for that, so unless you go with an ill-fitting Man Called Sting or his awesome original WCW instrumental music, the only choice initially is the 97-98 one they used for 2K15.

If they aren't having him brooding in the rafters and are giving him a role as GM or something though, I'd expect they'll have Jim Johnston whip up something else eventually.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near a WWE arena until Wrestlemania, that should be the night it happens. 

Why? There's already enough going on at Wrestlemania. The best way to maximise Sting's debut is to do it when there's not much else happening. If he shows up tonight then there's nothing that can steal his thunder. Besides, if he shows up for the first time at Wrestlemania then where can he head from there? At least this way he can build towards Mania.

• Paid Members

Yeah Metallica was his last theme and there's no way they're paying for that, so unless you go with an ill-fitting Man Called Sting or his awesome original WCW instrumental music, the only choice initially is the 97-98 one they used for 2K15.

If they aren't having him brooding in the rafters and are giving him a role as GM or something though, I'd expect they'll have Jim Johnston whip up something else eventually.

Am I right in thinking WWE stopped WCW using that theme because it sounded too similar to the Ultimate Warrior’s? Or have I completely made that up?

Stupid thing is you'd be surprised at how many non wrestling fans will assume it's Sting the singer that's trending.

haha very true! If they see any pictures they'll think 'Are they making a new Crow film starring Sting?'

Sting the singer is far more well known than Sting the wrestler though.

Sting the singer is far more well known than Sting the wrestler though.

Exactly this.  It's hardly a stupid thing.  I'd imagine if I mentioned that Sting was possibly turning up at Survivor Series to any of my friends, 90% of them would think of Message in a Bottle.  They also wouldn't know what Survivor Series is.

Cena turns heel tonight or he ends up being the last man on his team and the rest of his team come back and turn heel on him to save their jobs

Sting won't be on the show

Paige's arse will look amazing

I agree with the last one, the others... ehh.

Survivor Series used to be my favourite non-Wrestlemania PPV. It's really become a non-entity in recent years, so the Rumble replaced it. I'm still a sucker for elimination matches, and they've attached importance to the main event. Glad to see they've given the Divas an elimination style match too (even if it is just to fill time), always found it awkward when they'd have a one-fall ten Diva match.

Then there's the rumours. I am expecting Sting, and Orton is as good as advertised to run in and cost Rollins.

The thing with Sting is that past Sting rumours (that I've read, anyway), have revolved around him signing with WWE, being Taker's Mania opponent, or becoming GM. I don't recall hearing rumours about Sting being at a specific place for a WWE event before. And this time, Sting is signed with WWE in some capacity. If he can appear at Comicon and the 2K15 Roster Reveal, he can appear at Survivor Series. 

I'm excited!

Archived