Survivor Series Discussion - ***SPOILERS***

neil is brill

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Could the Ryback thing literally be HHH knowing they needed to take out the strong link?

Think about it, Ryback, Rowan, Ziggler, Cena, Show. Show was always going to turn, Cena is Super Cena and was already being dealt with, Rowan has proved in most tag matches can eventually be wiped out by an Uso.

Ryback hasn't been a monster as such and has taken punishment, but at the same time he's The Big Guy and having him left in there instead of Ziggler would've caused a similar outcome, but more expected. 

Mass brawl after he's taken some shots from HHH's big guy, sneak attack by Rollins with a curb stomp that took out Orton, Ambrose, Swagger etc and then Rusev's kick which knocks most people down for at least a 2, added with just having your head caved into the mat, even Cena would've been out to that. Hasn't killed his momentum at all, just showing that they went smarter than throwing all guns blazing at him for him to fire back in a 1 on 1.

Rusev got him with a lucky shot, its enough to build a feud on. The Big Guy doesn't like being taken down.

They've been billing him as a monster for weeks. They made him look weak with that elimination.

Have they though? Since he came back Bo Dallas and even Heath Slater got a tad of offence in on him more than before. It took 14 minutes to finish Cesaro in what would have been a main event time 5 years ago and a squash 2 months ago, Kane took him to a decent enough match before he got himself DQ'd and then Ryback used a chair to get him out the ring, that mass beatdown on Smackdown ended up with a numbers game followed by Harper's discus clothesline. HHH pedigreed him, he's not the guy running through 3 members of the Shield to get to Punk or coming back from Cena's offence without feeling it and so he shouldn't be.

He's 6 foot 3 and close to 300lbs, he's not a monster anywhere in WWE now. Leave that for Show, Henry (dumb as fuck to run into a man with a fist like a brick that was mouthing off he was going to take anyone out - not HHH's plan - lose Big Show then who takes out Cena) Harper, Rowan who has shown he's just a lackey and doesn't have the real strength or power his former partner does.

It's like how people complain when Wyatt gets beat because it loses its aura, its ridiculous. Wyatt doesn't need wins, he just brings the mental out in people (Cactus Jack WCW 90's) and Ryback is someone that can take on the authority, but is easily distracted because he's always going for a bigger prize. 

It all depends on the long term plan with Wyatt, I guess. He's got something that pretty much nobody else on the roster has - that 'Undertaker' feel about his character - and he knocks the ball out of the park with his promos time and time again. Somewhere down the line we need a long and convincing Wyatt title run. Losing often in PPVs won't help him but I feel it won't take alot for them to strengthen Wyatt's hand significantly. The crowds love the bloke.

Also, Steph was fantastic all the way through, even doing her dad's big gulp at one point.  I loved her total tantrum at the end, she really showed ass to sell the finish.

What a moment with Stings debut. My jaw was on the floor for a good 3-4 minutes and I had to keep rubbing my eyes to check I wasn't dreaming (I was starting to flag a bit having been up since 7.45 Sunday morning cos of work). Kudos to Dolph for pulling an HBK 2003 performance as well

I wish I hadn't seen the spoilers regarding him appearing at some point. Imagine if they'd kept it totally under wraps!

• Paid Members

Also, Steph was fantastic all the way through, even doing her dad's big gulp at one point.  I loved her total tantrum at the end, she really showed ass to sell the finish.

Yeah, I meant to mention that earlier. She was awesome at the end. Gave the fans the sort of reaction they wanted. The opening seg had no place on a PPV but she was great in that too.

I'd love to see them utilise Triple H as a full time wrestler now. On TV only obviously. I'd have him demand a match with Sting only to be told that he has no power now, he's bottom rung in the office and bottom rung on the roster. Have Sting force him to make his way up the ladder between now and WM. Done right, that could really reinvigorate TV. In fact, it's a shame they didn't do it at SummerSlam as it would have brought focus to the nothing shows the past three months.

Just watching the main event for the second time...

One small gripe... Rollins kicks out of the famouser. Isn't his curb stomp effectively a lower impact version of the famouser, and I'm not even sure anyone has kicked out of it?

I'm probably talking shite but it's just a small thing I noticed.

• Paid Members

Re-watching the main event, I genuinely think Ziggler could be presented as a worthy opponent to Brock Lesnar. I know a few on here don't like him, but he's one of the best they have, especially at being a credible underdog.

Re-watching the main event, I genuinely think Ziggler could be presented as a worthy opponent to Brock Lesnar. I know a few on here don't like him, but he's one of the best they have, especially at being a credible underdog.

The difference between Ziggler and someone like Daniel Bryan is that Ziggler has no credible offence. All Ziggler is good for is taking a beating. You can't have Lesnar knock him about for 20 minutes and then have Ziggler win with a surprise Fameasser or roll up. 

The first half of the show was really dire. It really does show the lack of storyline/character development at lower/mid-card level. I tend to expect more, especially at one of the big four PPV'S. However, the second half of the show made up for it and the Main Event was superb.

I don't understand all the hate for Sting's theme. I never watched WCW so I'm not aware of how great his previous themes were but I wouldn't say this was offensive.

Ziggler put in a great preformance and I didn't expect at all for him to be the last man left on Cena's team. I did get the feeling that this would automatically signal the end for their team. However, I was pleasently suprised with the result. If I was to find fault with the Main Event, my only critique would be how they would explain the length of time that both Ziggler and Rollins were down on the mat for during Sting's apperance. I guess it could be mentioned that after such a hallacious match that both were completely paggered.

As for the rest of the card, only the Tag Match and Ambrose/Wyatt stood out for me. Everything else might as well have been Smackdown filler at the very most.

It has left a very nice 'What next?' feeling. Lets hope the good feelings remain and that a three hour Raw tonight doesn't destroy it.

Last night felt like Backlash 2000 all over again in that back then when I taped it the tape jumped and I missed Austin's return, where as last night I fell asleep during the Diva elimination and woke up to see Ziggler and Cena celebrating at the end completely missing Sting!

I rewound it after the end to see if he had appeared and sort of ruined it for myself a bit (JBLs commentary taking the care of the rest). So I decided I'll watch it again tomorrow and see what I think.

Best decision since putting a bet on Lesnar beating the streak, last night's main event was absolutely brilliant. Ryback gets squashed, Big Show has his monthly turn and Kane continues to bore yet I genuinely can't find a fault with the match at all, just WWE at its booking best and Ziggler benefiting after the build up was a great pay off.

Then there was Sting, a brilliant entrance with the only person who should have been anywhere near Stings debut being the man he faced off with (Since no one knows what's happening with Taker) and I hope they go down this route as I'd love to see a Sting/Triple H match probably more than I would Sting/Taker.

Archived