Survivor Series Discussion - ***SPOILERS***

neil is brill

• Paid Members

The first half was horrendous. I thought it was Smackdown. Then it picked up for Ambrose/Wyatt. Then it turned out that was just a setup for a PPV in 3 weeks time.

Then the main event started. And it was one of the best matched of the year telling a great story. The Big Show turned and no-one gave a fuck but apart from that, it was great. And then it got EPIC.

Fantastic moment. Brilliant stare down that the crowd ate up. Sting looked great. And Trips sold it like a motherfucker. That was best for business.

And for the first time in a while, we have a seriously intriguing Raw.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I go between hating on Ziggler and loving Ziggler and I think last night put me back on the love side. If 'Super' Cena had overcome those odds there'd be a meltdown of mass proportions, but it was Ziggler, not by overpowering but by never saying die and out thinking three guys who he's had storyline problems with all month. Sense booking from WWE.

Where to go from here though? Reigns is coming back for Rollins, Ambrose vs Wyatt II, Cena vs Lesnar being held off until the Rumble, probably meaning Cena vs Show for the right for HHH and Steph's job back?

And then what of Ziggler, there's no point him chasing Harper back down now Rowan is about, but would it be right to feed him to Rusev (technically 4 eliminations last night because of that too) for his title and finally a chance to become the underdog HBK character some people have wanted him to be, or to be completely forgot and languish despite the fact he just knocked off 4 of the WWE's 7 top baddies in one night in the main event.

There's also a chance for dissension with Cena over his title shot considering the feat he just managed. Its actually going to be fun to come in drunk and watch Raw tonight for sure.

Why can't people just enjoy what was a great moment for the company/fans? Are things like the colour of his hair really that important?

If anything clouded the brilliance of what was happening it was JBL shouting his bastarding mouth off instead of letting the fans soak the moment in.

The main event was brilliant and has left us with lots of unanswered questions, which makes RAW unmissable tonight. Rowan and Harper look likely to go at it at TLC, Cena and Big Show need a blow off - hopefully it's on RAW and not at a PPV, but we'll see - and somewhere down the line (Royal Rumble?) we're going to have a Stinger v Hunter match. 

Add to that, that Ziggler was booked fantastically it inserts him right back near the top of the card. I wouldn't mind a Rollins v Ziggler TLC match at all.

I'm a little pissed off about them squashing Ryback though. What was the point in that brilliant rebuild job they've done over the last few weeks if they were just going to flatten him in the first ten minutes? 

All in all, an enjoyable event. I totally skipped the two divas matches (because I couldn't give a shite) and the Wyatt-Ambrose tie was enjoyable but clearly nothing more than an advertisement for the next PPV, which of course won't be free. 

The important thing now is that Vince has to realise the opportunity to make some much needed changes on TV. The Authority aren't going anywhere in reality but if we are to have a boss figure in charge on RAW then this is a great time to freshen it up. 

• Paid Members

I can't believe people are picking fault with Sting's entrance theme or the fact he didn't use a bottle of Just For Men before his debut.

It’s Sting in WWE. The thing wrestling fans have for perhaps over a decade now said, “Oh, he may debut this month. There’s rumours!”

Just goes to prove a wrestling fan can never be happy.

When Big Show was walking to the ring I thought to myself he's got to be the least trustworthy guy ever in wrestling......then turned heel again, him turning really is a joke these days how can wwe think people care when it happens so often.

Reigns looked and sounded good in his interview/promo can't wait til he's back

Can't say I'm a Sting fan but it was a really cool moment, Ziggler was great he was the best choice to survive with his underdog stuff, they needed something fresh to happen at the ppv

When Big Show was walking to the ring I thought to myself he's got to be the least trustworthy guy ever in wrestling......then turned heel again, him turning really is a joke these days how can wwe think people care when it happens so often.

Reigns looked and sounded good in his interview/promo can't wait til he's back

Can't say I'm a Sting fan but it was a really cool moment, Ziggler was great he was the best choice to survive with his underdog stuff, they needed something fresh to happen at the ppv

I'm bored of the Big Show, generally. His matches are slow & stale, his promos are cack and as you say, he's turned that many times that I'm past caring.

Sting looked great, great moment. Personally I thought Rowans music was worse

It wasn't great but I thought the lad gave a good account of himself. I've seen some calling him an awful wrestler on that there Twitter and I thought he put himself about well in the match. I just hope they sack off this weird behaviour gimmick with him, they almost killed Rowan with that brief woman stalking thing on RAW over the past few weeks.

I'm surprised they gave Sting away for free and even more surprised that they didn't pre-announce his arrival to try and gain extra network signups (I'm no businessman so I'm sure they'll have their reasons). But boy did it make for such a special moment that genuinely had me, a 30 year old man, jumping around his living room this morning like a loon, trying frantically to explain to the kids who Sting is haha. It was a superb moment that I will always remember. Last night, for me personally, is up there as one of the greatest moments I've ever experienced as a fan! WWE has had me gripped into the product, every thing from NXT to Wrestlemania , for a good couple of years now.

I liked both Sting and Rowan's music. But there's not many wrestling themes I dislike, think I must have lower musical standards than most in that department. The only recent ones I've really disliked are Rollins and Ambrose, although Ambrose's has grown on me. Seth Rollins has the most generic, ill-fitting theme of any top star ever.

• Paid Members

Could the Ryback thing literally be HHH knowing they needed to take out the strong link?

Think about it, Ryback, Rowan, Ziggler, Cena, Show. Show was always going to turn, Cena is Super Cena and was already being dealt with, Rowan has proved in most tag matches can eventually be wiped out by an Uso.

Ryback hasn't been a monster as such and has taken punishment, but at the same time he's The Big Guy and having him left in there instead of Ziggler would've caused a similar outcome, but more expected. 

Mass brawl after he's taken some shots from HHH's big guy, sneak attack by Rollins with a curb stomp that took out Orton, Ambrose, Swagger etc and then Rusev's kick which knocks most people down for at least a 2, added with just having your head caved into the mat, even Cena would've been out to that. Hasn't killed his momentum at all, just showing that they went smarter than throwing all guns blazing at him for him to fire back in a 1 on 1.

Rusev got him with a lucky shot, its enough to build a feud on. The Big Guy doesn't like being taken down.

Could the Ryback thing literally be HHH knowing they needed to take out the strong link?

Think about it, Ryback, Rowan, Ziggler, Cena, Show. Show was always going to turn, Cena is Super Cena and was already being dealt with, Rowan has proved in most tag matches can eventually be wiped out by an Uso.

Ryback hasn't been a monster as such and has taken punishment, but at the same time he's The Big Guy and having him left in there instead of Ziggler would've caused a similar outcome, but more expected. 

Mass brawl after he's taken some shots from HHH's big guy, sneak attack by Rollins with a curb stomp that took out Orton, Ambrose, Swagger etc and then Rusev's kick which knocks most people down for at least a 2, added with just having your head caved into the mat, even Cena would've been out to that. Hasn't killed his momentum at all, just showing that they went smarter than throwing all guns blazing at him for him to fire back in a 1 on 1.

Rusev got him with a lucky shot, its enough to build a feud on. The Big Guy doesn't like being taken down.

They've been billing him as a monster for weeks. They made him look weak with that elimination.

I only watched the main event, and it was fucking fantastic.  The the way the eliminations played out was perfect, and Ziggler has hopefully silenced his critics for a few months at least by playing his part just brilliantly.

Totally cool to see Sting in WWE.  He looks like he fits as well.  I'm guessing he'll be the new authority, and clearly they're going with him and HHH at Wrestlemania, which I am more than happy about.  Yes, his music was a bit nondescript but they can knock something together for him later.  I can't believe people are talking about his hair - he looks amazing for his age!

Hard to predict what's going to happen next.  Which is as it should be.  Best WWE match in years.

Archived