Survivor Series Discussion - ***SPOILERS***

neil is brill

Just looking at the Twitter top trends in the UK now. #SurvivorSeries, Sting, Ziggler, #TeamCena and then there was #CameronMustGo. At first I thought it was about the WWE diva (which sounds about right after how good she is in the ring) but it was about that plonker that's in charge of our country. 

I'm genuinely astounded that Wrestling is popular enough in this country these days, for that to be the case the day after a non-Wrestlemania pay per view. That's certainly not the general impression I get tbh, but fair play.

I don't know if it's filtered down because of my interests or not though because when a first joined twitter it was all #1Dareawesome or #BieberForPresident or something along those lines, more of a The Wanted man myself.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Survivor Series was trending, not tailored. The rest weren't on the all UK list so must have been.

Edit: Sting trending again now.

Also went back and listened to the music again then listened to the video Ian posted earlier. It just doesn't make a jot of difference to me. I'll admit that I was never big into entrance music in WCW. Apart from some of those cheesy early 90's tunes and later Hogan, nWo, Goldberg, Flair and to a lesser extent, Booker, their themese never struck a chord with me. A bit like TNA. They were all so bland.

Even so, I just don't hear a massive difference between the two tunes. It was also a pretty inconsiquential part of the entrance. It wasn't a glass breaking moment or the first riffs of "Too sexy". The intro was on the tron. That screamed Sting and the crowd popped. The music barely mattered.

• Paid Members

Right, I know some of you get Roman Reigns. I haven't seen all that much of him, although what I saw was all shit ring outfit, bad beard, and that terrible Superman punch guff.

Get the fuck back to the fifties.
I would but I swapped my time machine for a Shield figure 3-pack :(

• Paid Members

Even so, I just don't hear a massive difference between the two tunes. It was also a pretty inconsiquential part of the entrance. It wasn't a glass breaking moment or the first riffs of "Too sexy". The intro was on the tron. That screamed Sting and the crowd popped. The music barely mattered.

4915_PFjF1Bh16v.jpg

• Paid Members

4915_PFjF1Bh16v.jpg

Ha! I meant "Sexy Boy". Honest.

I just watched a bit of the Kickoff show. The "new and improved" Fandango is worse than ever.

He's a decent worker and a good looking guy. Not sure why they don't come up with something else for him. Fandango is a waste of time and has been for ages.

The importance of that initial nanosecond of the pop should never be undermined with debuts like Sting's. And yeah it's snarky but giving him that big lights fully out, thunder shock treatment would have been just as easier to do and so, so much better than panning back to a titantron video with half the houselights still on and a demo version of Undertaker & Big Show's old theme.

As I knew Sting had returned before I watched it, my initial thought was that they should have turned the lights out in the arena. That way Scott Armstrong couldn't count the pin as he couldn't see it and it'd look even more impressive. Have the lights out for a bit whilst commentary wonder what's going on and, as the crowd are going mental, play the titantron.

Really nit-picky, but that's how I always envisioned the return and it made even more sense last night. Theme didn't bother me too much because I never really followed WCW. The WCW one posted is the better theme though. It impacted the pop he got a bit too. His hair was more my concern, though I imagine he doesn't want his hair fucked by dying it black at that age. He did for the 2K15 video though, didn't he?

His hair was more my concern, though I imagine he doesn't want his hair fucked by dying it black at that age. He did for the 2K15 video though, didn't he?

He did, but that was only a brief glimpse from one angle and really specific lighting. His hair looks so bad at Survivor Series that he might only be one drop of dye or gel away from it just crumbling.

Saying that, it wasn't anywhere near as bad at Comic Con:

Archived