Survivor Series Discussion - ***SPOILERS***

neil is brill

The bat is in no way important for me. I don't for, one second, expect to see WCW's Sting in the WWE. I think we should see this as the next evolution of Sting. That's why new music for him doesn't bother me. For me, the bat was only brought into existence due to the numbers game he was facing against the NWO so not bringing the bat to Survivor Series makes sense. Plus he's a babyface and HHH is the heel. A babyface has no business bringing a weapon out against an "unarmed" heel. It's wrong booking and the kids would've seen Sting as weak straight of the bat (Pun not intended). It's just the lighting dammit! I really wish they'd have just turned the lights off, haha!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lights out is Bray Wyatt's thing.

I've never associated "lights out" with any one superstar. Batista has had lights out ever since that "I quit" promo, Jericho has lights out for his countdown, even Miz has lights out for his "can we please have quiet on the set" bit (Off Topic but is that bit of Miz's tron lifted from Hollywood Rock era's tron by the way?) Are lights out for Evil Kane?

• Paid Members

I've never associated "lights out" with any one superstar. Batista has had lights out ever since that "I quit" promo, Jericho has lights out for his countdown, even Miz has lights out for his "can we please have quiet on the set" bit (Off Topic but is that bit of Miz's tron lifted from Hollywood Rock era's tron by the way?) Are lights out for Evil Kane?

I might get booed out of the building for saying this, but I really liked Sting's most recent TNA entrance with the crazy flashing lights and theme. I suppose we're supposed to ignore his TNA run and pretend he's come straight from 2001 WCW, but that would have done for me just the same.

I might get booed out of the building for saying this, but I really liked Sting's most recent TNA entrance with the crazy flashing lights and theme. I suppose we're supposed to ignore his TNA run and pretend he's come straight from 2001 WCW, but that would have done for me just the same.

I would've thought so yeah, don't think they're going to mention him wrestling in some mickey mouse promotion for the last 10 years

Anyway, it was a quality debut, couldn't fault it, the video reminded me of Taker coming back at Judgement Day 2000, and that was ace as well

The bat is in no way important for me. I don't for, one second, expect to see WCW's Sting in the WWE. I think we should see this as the next evolution of Sting. That's why new music for him doesn't bother me. For me, the bat was only brought into existence due to the numbers game he was facing against the NWO so not bringing the bat to Survivor Series makes sense. Plus he's a babyface and HHH is the heel. A babyface has no business bringing a weapon out against an "unarmed" heel. It's wrong booking and the kids would've seen Sting as weak straight of the bat (Pun not intended). It's just the lighting dammit! I really wish they'd have just turned the lights off, haha!

Great post and very good points.

According to PWInsider

- Sting has signed a performers contract with WWE but there's no word yet on how long it's for or what the details are.

As noted, Sting reportedly didn't get the call to come in until Thursday. Sting is not expected to work any WWE live events and will likely work very few TV tapings. We noted yesterday that there's talk now of wrestling more than one match but not many more than that.

Part of WWE's plan with Sting will be to tease him a lot until he's needed for a big event.

Archived