UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

• Paid Members

Forrest - Raw and Smackdown are basically complete from about 2010. Where they went HD, maybe. Before that, only a few episodes are up for many of the years

Things like Main Event and Superstars are complete runs.

• Paid Members

Has anything just changed on the WWE Network? I'm getting it on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 after just putting in the American DNS numbers. Very odd. I've been faffing about with it for months trying to get it to work. Not worked before.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Has anybody on here been watching the US version of the network on the Roku for the last 8 months? Is that possible? 

It's possible but it's really really difficult. I arsed around with it for hours, broke iPlayer while doing so, and then decided to exchange it for Apple TV.

• Awards Moderator

Meltzer fully confirms it's the Sky deal (no great surprise).

There’s several issues. They were in negotiations over putting it as a TV station. Sky when they made their deal, part of the deal was pay per views. They were aware that the network was coming in but that wasn’t until next year. Sky were already promoting Survivor Series at a certain price and WWE came in not even offering it at a lower price but offering it for free.

• Paid Members

With the caveat that Sky's Help team have been clueless and inconsistent since the beginning:

SkyHelpTeam @SkyHelpTeam

@jordanwwe19 Good afternoon, Jordan. Thanks for the tweet :) We understand that the WWE Network release date has been delayed and this isn't a decision that we have made and instead it was made by the WWE. You can get some confirmation on this here on our Community Forum ( http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Shows-you-love/WWE-Thread-2014/td-p/1554517/page/36 ). I appreciate that the delay is frustrating and would suggest directing any questions about it to the WWE themselves.

Interesting but ultimately meaningless. That it wasn't their decision, doesn't mean they aren't the lead factor in WWE making the decision, although the main factor still appears to be WWE incompetence. Edited by Benno

On a related note, I see they still haven't launched in Germany. The Deutsch market is huge for spending money on WWE, does anyone know what the delay is there? Certifications?

Probably the same reason as over here. Nobody wants to lose their share of the pot.

Don't know what the reason is but it's not this. All PPVs were on Box Office until the Network went live in the US. I presume Sky DE was already out of contract because from that day on all PPVs switched to Maxdome, which is a German Netflix clone.

So Sky DE have already lost their share of the pot and Maxdome is also advertising their WWE coverage as a temporary thing until the network starts. Mysterious...

To be fair, I work for Sky and there has been a load of people on our in-house social media scrabbling for answers from higher-ups, but nothing is forthcoming.

Sky staff are as clueless as everyone else. We asked and got told that there was nothing but rumours and to redirect customers to WWE.com..

Edited by Forrest

I didnt know there was problem with it and spent about an hour on Monday night trying to get signed up. Disappointing especially seeing as WWE sent out an email last week saying about Nov being a free month. Surely they would have known Sky were objecting to it so why not talk with them and "sort things out" BEFORE giving the UK a launch date and sending out emails?