UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

It seems mental to decide to spoil your own night at the wrestling by pouting when it's so easy to set up a DNS service and subscribe as is. But any "hijacking" at a wrestling show is all about attention-seeking rather than making a point, anyway. It should make what will probably be a lazy, by-the-numbers Raw more interesting!

For what it's worth, the live event in London was hijacked tonight the instant they played Vinnie Mac's apology. There's meant to be "major concern" for the reactions in Liverpool next week but Vince shouldn't be sweating it.

In May, people tried to hijack the O2 tapings with CM Punk chants. Then they all got butthurt on Heelbook when WWE had a couple of hours to edit in "you suck" chants instead.

If by hijack you mean people booed, then yes it was.  I wouldn't call it that though.  I'd call that people booing.  Other than those 10 seconds of booing, it was a perfectly normal crowd.  Obviously there's more likely to be mention of the Network at a TV taping, but I doubt WWE will be that worried.  Just don't have the Network logo on the skirts, so people don't think about it, and any video packages promoting it...just don't show them.

Edited by The Dart

If by hijack you mean people booed, then yes it was.  I wouldn't call it that though.  I'd call that people booing.  Other than those 10 seconds of booing, it was a perfectly normal crowd.  Obviously there's more likely to be mention of the Network at a TV taping, but I doubt WWE will be that worried.  Just don't have the Network logo on the skirts, so people don't think about it, and any video packages promoting it...just don't show them.

I know the difference between booing and "hijacking." Hence the "for what its worth" at the start of the my post. I wasn't at the event so I don't know what actually went down. A friend text me all like "it's all going down here mate." I guess he's just Wan of Dem. Plus 10 seconds of booing is normally what these organised hijackings usually amount to anyway.

The main point to my post was how WWE officials were meant to be concerned about Monday and Tuesday hostile crowds, but as I said, they have nothing to worry about. The crowd might boo or attempt to take over, but it'll be edited out by the time it shows in the States.

• Paid Members

Is unblock-us the best service to use to set the network in iPad? And, if I do do with unblock-us can I subscribe and use the DNS settings at more than one location? For instance, can I set it up at my house and my girlfriends at the same time?

Yes.

Yes, but it can only be operational from one IP address at a time. When you get to your girlfriends, it won't work at first. You'll need to go to the unblock-us site and login to your unblock account. There'll be a message on the page saying your IP address has changed and you'll have to click a button to confirm. You'll then need to repeat that process when you return home.

• Paid Members

Vince must laugh his arse off at these so called 'hijackings'. They've already paid their money , so he's got that, and they seem determined to have a miserable time. It's like paying to go see a band and booing them for the whole show

Exactly. They hate his product so much that they're upset at not being able to spend extra every month to watch more of it.

I don't think waiting so long will be beneficial for subscriber numbers though. I was well up for getting it when it launched but I'm so used to downloading anything from the network that tickles my fancy from torrent sites etc, I'm not even sure I'll bother now.

Edited by garynysmon

Well that's the thing, isn't it? Essentially, you've got four types of fan:

1. Already got the network.

2. Wants it but hasn't already got it, waiting for the official UK launch for a silly reason.

3. Not getting it because of youtube, torrents, etc.

4. No interest in any more WWE content.

Is group two really going to be the largest group, and if so, by an impressive margin?

• Paid Members

Fuck knows the accuracy of this but:

A Sky Sports customer service representative informed Prowrestling.net reader Craig Beavis that WWE Network will be launched as a Sky Sports channel. "Yes, we will launch it as a channel with Sky TV," the customer service rep wrote in a one-on-one chat. "Currently we don't have any details but it will be going to be soon... And you will will be notified by adv, email or call."