UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

Well, that explains it then. No UKFF = no wrestling in my world. I'd probably miss Wrestlemania if this site was down at the time.

Did they actually promote it using a price in $? That's shit promotion.

It's free for November, then $9.99 a month afterwards. They can't say £6.25 or whatever because the exchange rate fluctuates. And I'd rather them charge $9.99 than £9.99.

Funny thing is, I thin there's every chance they decided to postpone it until they could announce it LIVE ON RAW next week, but if that's what they've decided to do then they've cocked up massively.

More likely, though, is that every time they think they've sorted it, Sky wreck them again. It's just carny as fuck to announce it then cancel it with hours to go though. Embarrassing.

Raw isn't live next week.

And it seems mental if it is stuff to do with Sky that's stopping it... Surely the release date shouldn't be given (especially three or four days out) without everything being signed and in place.

What are the chances that when they did the new deal with Sky, that neither side brought up the network at all? I assumed, given the size of both companies, that all that stuff was discussed and negotiated in minute detail.

Raw isn't live next week.

No, it isn't - it's in front of a LIVE audience who live in the UK... so they could theoretically announce it to the crowds on camera to get a big pop, make the announcement through Twitter/FB/etc and have that banked by the time 8pm ET comes around.

Would imagine there might be some serious crowd noise cutting in the time period before broadcast next week.

• Moderators

Read this elsewhere, but here's a thing that got lost amid the UKFF outage that's hilarious and worth sharing.

At the Smackdown taping, the show started off with Big Show in the ring. He got on the microphone and told the fans that Daniel Bryan would need another surgery, and asked them do to the YES chant so that they could film it and send it to Bryan as a "get well soon" type of thing.

As it turns out...this wasn't why they did it. Smackdown opened tonight with Vince's announcement of the WWE Network's "Free November" thing (and they bothered to pipe in cheers and have Eden/Vince do voice overs [with bad echo effects] to make it sound like it actually happened at the show) and then they showed the crowd doing the YES chants (with the video of Vince edited onto the titantron).

Basically, WWE used Bryan and his injury to get the crowd to cheer and chant so that they could just use it to make it look like they were reacting to Vince's announcement about the Network.

• Paid Members

Meltzer: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/39724-notes-on-the-delay-of-the-uk-launch-of-the-network

The WWE Network launch officially in the U.K. was called off at the last minute due to the same reason that the original 10/1 date of the launch was moved back, which is ongoing negotiations.

Edited by Benno

• Awards Moderator

Meltzer: http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/39724-notes-on-the-delay-of-the-uk-launch-of-the-network

The WWE Network launch officially in the U.K. was called off at the last minute due to Sky being twats.

Sky want all the wrestlings, don't they? Just when I thought the Network was going to arrive in the UK just like the US version, Sky come along to jeopardise the whole bloody thing again.

I realise it's highly likely WWE are at fault here too, but I'm cross.

• Paid Members

I wonder if it's the free month that's scuppered things for now. As in, Sky don't mind WWE running the Network as a paid service since they are around to charge all the UK non-Networkers £14.95 a pop for PPVs, but they aren't down with a free period that effectively lets anyone watch the Survivor Series for nowt.

• Awards Moderator

On a related note, I see they still haven't launched in Germany. The Deutsch market is huge for spending money on WWE, does anyone know what the delay is there? Certifications?

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

On a related note, I see they still haven't launched in Germany. The Deutsch market is huge for spending money on WWE, does anyone know what the delay is there? Certifications?

Probably the same reason as over here. Nobody wants to lose their share of the pot.

I wonder if it's the free month that's scuppered things for now. As in, Sky don't mind WWE running the Network as a paid service since they are around to charge all the UK non-Networkers £14.95 a pop for PPVs, but they aren't down with a free period that effectively lets anyone watch the Survivor Series for nowt.

Sky signed a nice big UK exclusivity deal for all WWE flagship programming and PPV's. WWE tried to skirt around that and Sky essentially have told them where to go. Right now WWE are probably looking at ways of buying out a chunk of that contract or some other way around it but good luck getting the better deal negotiating with Sky.

I have a question about the current TV shows on the Network.

I know it takes 31 days for them to appear on the Network, but how far back do the episodes for Raw and Smackdown go back? I've been quite desperate to go back and watch the gaps I'm missing for Rusev. Do the episodes stretch far back enough that I could watch his debut, for example?

Similarly for Superstars and Main Event, is it the full run of those shows? Or is it the last month or two of shows?