UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

• Awards Moderator

That's what I'd want, but for an Android device. And in decent quality too.

I use a Chromecast (not for the network, general casting). As long as you run a late enough version of Android you can cast your device's screen. Apparently there is proper casting for WWE Network coming but probably not their highest priority at the moment.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members

Log into Unblock US on the internet explorer on the xbox one, I'm sure that's how I got it to work for me.

Nah. Just tries to get me to install the setup app for Windows 8 but you can't do that on XB1.

Maybe I am mistaken.

Are you using the following DNS settings?

Primary DNS: 208.122.23.23

Secondary DNS: 208.12.23.22

That's what I'm using with no problems when it comes to WWE Network.

• Paid Members

The Unblock-US website says there's some bug on some Xbox Ones that stops the DNS settings changing properly: http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/1375352-how-to-setup-your-xbox-one-to-use-unblock-us

Yeah, I saw that, but it's not that. The DNS changed to the right numbers. Then it tried to run a connection test and threw the error message at me.

• Paid Members

Fuck knows the accuracy of this but:

A Sky Sports customer service representative informed Prowrestling.net reader Craig Beavis that WWE Network will be launched as a Sky Sports channel. "Yes, we will launch it as a channel with Sky TV," the customer service rep wrote in a one-on-one chat. "Currently we don't have any details but it will be going to be soon... And you will will be notified by adv, email or call."

My source high up at SKY says there's nothing to this.

• Awards Moderator

Well the same guy that said the above asked again and got the exact opposite:

OK, another interesting update for you guys. Just spoke with Sky's Viewer Relations department (the people who'd probably know what's actually going on).

They have confirmed to me that the launch has been delayed due to a legal issue with a third-party which is not bSkyb (!). Additionally, they're unaware if it'll be launching as an over-the-top service or not but assured me it definitely won't be launching on the Sky platform.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2lhl77/wwe_network_in_the_uk_to_launch_as_a_sky_sports/cluwqyj

which sounds more likely, with Virgin I reckon.

• Paid Members

Well the same guy that said the above asked again and got the exact opposite:

OK, another interesting update for you guys. Just spoke with Sky's Viewer Relations department (the people who'd probably know what's actually going on).

They have confirmed to me that the launch has been delayed due to a legal issue with a third-party which is not bSkyb (!). Additionally, they're unaware if it'll be launching as an over-the-top service or not but assured me it definitely won't be launching on the Sky platform.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2lhl77/wwe_network_in_the_uk_to_launch_as_a_sky_sports/cluwqyj

which sounds more likely, with Virgin I reckon.

It won't be launching on Virgin due to the contract with SKY, which doesn't allow any WWE programming on another platform or channel. Plus, theres no way some donkey customer service rep at SKY would have even been privy to that info to begin with.

• Paid Members

Yeah the amount of credence a front line telephone monkey is being given is quite impressive.

It was most likely a wrestling fan who works at SKY trolling another wrestling fan who rang up asking. And it worked, because the goof went & spread it around everywhere as if it had legs to begin with. 

All joking aside, there's quite simply no way a customer service rep would know that info, especially if it's being kept under raps. 

• Paid Members

Fuck knows the accuracy of this but:

A Sky Sports customer service representative informed Prowrestling.net reader Craig Beavis that WWE Network will be launched as a Sky Sports channel. "Yes, we will launch it as a channel with Sky TV," the customer service rep wrote in a one-on-one chat. "Currently we don't have any details but it will be going to be soon... And you will will be notified by adv, email or call."

My source high up at SKY says there's nothing to this.

Same here. I work for Sky, and the department I'm in/the departments I'm in constant contact would be aware if this was happening. If there are plans for it to launch (just from a tech standpoint), nothing been discussed so far and we have an 8 week time window for this sort of thing ahead of launches.

I've just had an argument with the admin of the 'History of Wrestling' books Facebook page.  They are insisting that WWE delibrately pulled the plug on the UK launch in order to better negotiate with SKY about launching it as pay channel on there.  They went on to say that WWE have been openly saying that this is the case and that SKY are notorious for lying about stuff like this.  Now, to me this all sounds a bit too much in the tin foil hat region but if anyobody else could back this up or provide a source before I make an arse of myself that'd be great.