UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using Unblock US successfully to watch the Network since it started, and it says my account is still active, but I'm getting the message "WWE Network video content is currently not available for viewing at this location". Can anyone help out?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to have sorted itself out.

Edited by Shane O' Mac Version 2

• Paid Members
I've been using Unblock US successfully to watch the Network since it started, and it says my account is still active, but I'm getting the message "WWE Network video content is currently not available for viewing at this location". Can anyone help out?

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to have sorted itself out.

I was also up at 3am panicking about this ha. Mine sorted itself out too, was worried for a moment there!

• Paid Members

A thing I have noticed is my billing date is 3rd of the month but it's saying my subscription expires on the 24th August, exactly 6 months after I signed up on 24th Feb for the Free Week. So yeah, maybe I'm naive but that's not really a free week is it. More like a borrowed week.

Edited by Benno

Probably not. Customer services would probably just thank you for your patience and tell you the UK launch is due for the end of the year if the Twitter account is anything to go by.

Here's a question: are you planning on switching to the UK version when it's launched or will you be sticking with the US version? I'm not too confident the UK launch will go without hiccups so I'm tempted to stick with the US version for another six months after mine expires.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed hearing you talking this stuff on the Wrestlenomics podcast John! After listening to that I'm now thinking with the Sky deal being increased as it was, it seems unlikely we're getting the network in pure form.

If we get it without the PPV's then it's the same situation as Netflix US for me and I'll be sticking with the US version. I doubt we'll know a launch date by August though so I suspect there'll be a lot of us tied into another 6 months regardless before we can switch.

I wonder if they'll acknowledge we exist and let us cancel/transfer our subscriptions? They could count us all twice and look (temporarily) great to stockholders!

Edited by Benno

Considering we had to use US addresses to sign up and use some kind of region trickery to access it, I'm not sure how they'd go about trying to cancel or migrate accounts. At worst, I'm a bloke from Chicago on a long holiday in the UK as far as they're concerned.

I'm sticking with the US one unless the UK one has all the same content and is about

• Paid Members

I suspect they'd have trouble cancelling accounts. They do have the option in PayPal to refuse purchases from people who's PayPal account is linked to a non-US bank account (and the fact that they chose not to take that option makes it clear they want any subscriber going.) However, I'd imagine they can't run a scan once you've subscribed to see where your bank account is, as that would presumably be legally classed as none of their business. Without that, they can't be sure where you are actually located.