UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

• Paid Members
Signed up for the free trial on Monday there and I haven't been able to get it working. Tried Hola, Unblock-Us and absolutely nothing has happened.

ADDED: I'm on Sky Broadband BTW.

I have that problem on Sky but only on wireless, my main PC works fine.

Switching browsers helped (Firefox worked for me but have seen others report different things).

• Awards Moderator
Has anybody managed to find a fix for the "Media Error: Video Not Available" error message? Cheers!

That's their generic "there's a problem" error message. It covers most things. I tried it on the week trial and couldn't get it working consistently enough to pay for. I'm waiting for a UK service so I can legitimately moan at someone if it doesn't work.

Though I wish I hadn't tried the week trial - WWE took the $9.99, PayPal are 'investigating' the payment. WWE tell me to call them in the US, PayPal ignore my messages. Anyone managed to sort this out?

• Paid Members

Did you cancel the subscription through the WWE site on your account?

EDIT: From what I've experienced and read, it's basically pointless to subscribe to the WWE Network if you have a Sky Broadband Netgear router. You can't change the DNS server settings on it. Settings are hard-coded into it. Wait until the channel comes over here.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I can recommend the Chromecast.

Got given one as a Birthday gift and its one of the best home entertainment gadgets ive ever used.

Heard that casting video via the tabcast route was a bit choppy, but ive been casting the network for a week now and its not missed a beat!

Well worth

• Awards Moderator
I can recommend the Chromecast.

Got given one as a Birthday gift and its one of the best home entertainment gadgets ive ever used.

Heard that casting video via the tabcast route was a bit choppy, but ive been casting the network for a week now and its not missed a beat!

Well worth

I checked my TV. No USB port :-(

You can use mains to power it, although admittedly that's not as neat.

My telly doesn't have a USB so I plug it into the mains. I haven't used my chromecast much yet though. It's neat, but because Google kept us waiting so long for it I have found other ways of doing everything.

• Paid Members

I have just been out and purchased 5 more this afternoon to replace all the media players/streamers in the house because it works so well.

We had x3 WDTV boxes and an old Cyclone box, but the Chromecast works so well with PLEX, that they are all going now...

Now im just praying that Sky will stop being stubborn and allow us to cast from SkyGo(not holding my breath though!)

• Awards Moderator
I checked my TV. No USB port :-(

You can use mains to power it, although admittedly that's not as neat.

Ahhh. Interesting. I thought the USB was mandatory for... reasons. It really doesn't make that clear anywhere. It says "plug into HDMI and USB. Done."

thinking about buying a roku streaming stick thing for wwe network and us tv anyone use this If so can it be configured through unblock.us and it is easy to use?

I bought a Roku 2 XS recently purely for the Network. I couldn't get it working at all with Unblock US, and I'd sent about a dozen emails to the tech team (who were, in all fairness, excellent). I ended up sending it back and getting an Apple TV which is fantastic.

I can't get the network to work on Chrome, so gutted as I've got chromecast as well, I've tried all the suggestions to fix the issue with chrome, but there seems to be a big pool of people whom chrome doesn't work for with the network. Last I heard a resolution was being looked for by the developers, but that was pre-mania, and still nothing. Alas, I still can watch it on safari, but would have liked it up on the big screen.

edit: I've just these last few minutes, found a solution, using an extension for chrome, you can select a browser that it will mimick, so I can choose firefox and it will play in chrome, and subsequently, I can now cast it to my tv, and it works fine!

Edited by Ars