UKFF WWE Network FAQ

JNLister

The pre-show was playing fine for a while via the PS3 last night, then it started to struggle. quality drop, occasional freezing, pixel artifacts. So i started watchign it again, but not live. Instead watching it on a 2 min delay. Played perfectly from that point on, until the main show started. So tried the same with that. But it would play for a few minutes and then crash the PS3. Just freezing up the whole thing, so i had to hard reset the console. After this happened 5x and the show had been on 30 mins, i decided to fuck it off and watch it at 4am once the PPV finished up and the demand on the network had passed. A pain, but i got to watch the whole show play perfectly withouyt any fault at all. I'm not sure how bad the issues were for all PS3 users, but i think it's safe to say the network struggled with the demand. Luckily i didnt have to be anywhere today, so an 8am finish worked ok. I just logged out of all social media to avoid any spoilers and hit Netflix until 4am lol.

• Paid Members

I couldnt believe have good the live stream was through Safari on my Mac. Hd it linked through HDMI to the big screen in the living room and it was just like watching it on Sky Box Office. No buffering, stuttering or dropping out. Perfect! Cristal Clear HD too.

I had the sky remote on standby to order through box office as i wasnt holding my breath for it to work once the main show kicked off...

I couldnt believe have good the live stream was through Safari on my Mac. Hd it linked through HDMI to the big screen in the living room and it was just like watching it on Sky Box Office. No buffering, stuttering or dropping out. Perfect! Cristal Clear HD too.

I had the sky remote on standby to order through box office as i wasnt holding my breath for it to work once the main show kicked off...

I tried running it through the laptop (HDMI to TV) after the issues with the PS3 app crashing my console repeatedly. The only problem was the 'play from begining' option on the site did nothing, and it just launched the stream live. And there was no way to rewind, so i had the option of waiting until it finished and then watching it, or missing the first 30 mins. Not a good night experience wise, not at all. Was worth staying up until 8am to see it all spoiler free though and i can't fault the Network 4am onward. Hardly the point though.

The pre-show was playing fine for a while via the PS3 last night, then it started to struggle. quality drop, occasional freezing, pixel artifacts. So i started watchign it again, but not live. Instead watching it on a 2 min delay. Played perfectly from that point on, until the main show started. So tried the same with that. But it would play for a few minutes and then crash the PS3. Just freezing up the whole thing, so i had to hard reset the console. After this happened 5x and the show had been on 30 mins, i decided to fuck it off and watch it at 4am once the PPV finished up and the demand on the network had passed. A pain, but i got to watch the whole show play perfectly withouyt any fault at all. I'm not sure how bad the issues were for all PS3 users, but i think it's safe to say the network struggled with the demand.

I was watching on the PS3 from the start of the pre-show to the end of WrestleMania and didn't have any errors with the stream apart from a couple of seconds glitch. At one point my television ballsed up, and then during the Cena/Bray match, my router died and rebooted itself. The only problem with it was that the network feed was about thirty seconds behind the Sky Sports and pirate stream feeds, which made the chatroom awkward.

Watched on the PS3 with no problems at all, very impressed. I was planning to watch the pre-show then switch to Sky but after having a perfect HD picture on the pre show and no buffering issues I cancelled my SBO order and watched the whole thing on the Network. Doesn't seem to be too many reports of issues, think WWE will be very relieved today.

I know its not my internet connection as i have fibre optic broadband. So my issues definitely fall with the PS3 app itself. Iwatch stuff live on the network all the time, including the HOF ceremony and pre show for that on Saturday. Plus some of those WrestleMania Today shows and then obviously the entire Mania preshow itself. All of those were problem free, it was only once the PPV started, and i assume the service got severely hammered, that i started having the freezing and console crashing issues. And come 4am, once i assume the network service stopped getting hammered, it all started working fine again.

Perfect, perfect quality on my laptop all night once the tin sound ended during the pre show. Kudos to WWE. The Network has been the bomb diggity.

• Paid Members

The Xbox App was a disaster. After trying a ton of different things, some of which were suggested in here (thanks, by the way), I decided to watch it on my PC. Not ideal, but the stream was fairly smooth and the picture was great.

Reading some tweets, it seems quite a few were having the same issues with the Xbox App.

• Paid Members

I bought the PPV but couldnt help myself flicking back and forth from the Network. By my reckoning the Network definitely looks better than SD on Sky and although it's obviously worse than proper HD because they're using flash and it doesn't quite flow as well, it's still pretty damn impressive looking.

That said, I had slight issues watching the Hall Of Fame on demand right before Mania. Skipping along with my mouse to get past Lita/Mr T's excessive speeches was difficult without a skip forward button and I kept getting random time jumps on the stream. Nothing major, just a few seconds every now and then. Wasnt sure if that was caused by my skipping around or was just a symptom of heavy load at the time.