Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

I heard that the Network is starting to air hidden 10 minute programming on various topics. Apparently they aired a short programme about the design and making of the WWE Championship title last night. Also these shorts aren't available in the on demand section. I believe this is to encourage people to watch the live feed on the Network.

Think they've been doing that since the start, near enough. Figured it was to fill those ten minute gaps between PPVs, as the majority run around 2 hours 50 minutes long. Saw the belt one and one on Goldust that was very good. Occasionally they'll air a full angle in the slot, like Jake/Warrior from 1991. 

• Paid Members

Didn't know there were as many as 25 shows of "Rock n Wrestling". I imagine the bloody brilliant theme song will have to change. It's basically an instrumental of the Bonnie Tyler song "Ravishing"..

Rock 'n' Wrestling started airing in 1985. Bonnie Tyler didn't release that song until 1986.

It was Hulk's first. Probably.

I heard that the Network is starting to air hidden 10 minute programming on various topics. Apparently they aired a short programme about the design and making of the WWE Championship title last night. Also these shorts aren't available in the on demand section. I believe this is to encourage people to watch the live feed on the Network.

Think they've been doing that since the start, near enough. Figured it was to fill those ten minute gaps between PPVs, as the majority run around 2 hours 50 minutes long. Saw the belt one and one on Goldust that was very good. Occasionally they'll air a full angle in the slot, like Jake/Warrior from 1991. 

Yeh they've definetly been doing it since the start.  Old segments from Confidential, Before They Were Superstars etc.  But maybe they're showing better stuff now, or more original stuff.  Confidential and Before They Were Superstars should be on the On Demand anyway!  If they want people the watch the live stream more, then they should show stuff on it that isn't in the library, but promote it being there!

Gave the ECW episode of The Monday Night War a try, but only lasted about 20 as it was seemingly just a condensed version of Rise & Fall of ECW.

Following on from someone mentioning WCW Great American Bash 1989 in the Best Non-Wrestlemania PPVs thread and after hearing it's a good show, I gave it a try and it is a great watch. The opening battle royal is a bit messed up on the network as the version they have is incomplete due to "technical difficulties with the original production"

CM Punk's announcement on the WWE 2K15 roster reveal is hilarious. Everybody from Brock Lesnar to Fandango gets the superstar treatment with a "MY MAIN MAN BROCK LESNAR WOWWW!!!!" with the crowd cheering in the background. Suddenly, the crowd noise completely cuts out and Renee says "CM Punk" without any enthusiasm whatsoever. Brilliant.

I don't know where else they could go with the Monday Night Wars, I'm guessing there will be an episode about Goldberg at some point. Like I said in an earlier post is that they need to do an episode about how the quality of matches with the likes of Guerrero, Malenko, Mysterio, Jericho, Ultimo, Psicosis, Juvi etc were amazing but they kind of covered it in the ECW episode saying that they basically stole ECW's talent which once again made WCW look like the bad guys. I've noticed Tony Schiavone as a talking head maybe once or twice but he is the kind of person I'd like to hear some more from not Tyson Kidd or Seth Rollins.

- WWE issued another Fan Council Survey this week to gauge fan interest on potential new series on the WWE Network. Possible future projects include:

* A Look at Fantasy Matches such as Big Show vs. Andre the Giant with experts weighing in

* Defining Moments such as when Hulk Hogan joined The nWo

* History of WWE documentary similar to The Monday Night War

* Love Affairs, showing off WWE's romantic side with relationships such as Lita & Matt Hardy, Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth

* WWE Bloopers

* Superstar Lifestyles, showing off talents' homes and life outside of the ring