The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I think Sasha and Charlotte's total lack of protection for each others bodies is what makes their matches so much fun and brilliant. They are both so reckless and unpredictable in their quest to legitimize what they are doing, so much so I'm certain they'll both be retired in 3 years. I'm pretty sure Sasha hit Charlotte in the face and vagina with her wild kendo stick swings and certainly destroyed her arm. Charlotte continues to do her moonsault which will paralyze someone Jesse Sorensen style one day.

Anyway, brilliant. All of it brilliant. Release the feud DVD.

• Paid Members

Anyway, brilliant. All of it brilliant. Release the feud DVD.

Absolutely, just watched the Raw main event and came on here to add my comments on the women's wrestling this year.

It's been easily the best feud of the year for me. I know people are starting to nitpick over a few things now, like the depth of Sasha's character, her mic work and some dangerous spots they do, but bloody hell no feud has come close to garnering as much interest and emotion from me this year. Last year we spoke about how the supposed Divas Revolution was a massive let down, well this year they've rectified that and then some.

Charlotte has come along leaps and bounds, she's one of the best heels in WWE at the moment. People say she also needs to improve on the mic, but barring Jericho, Styles and Miz, are there many other heels that have been that much better in promos? She's held her own and has a fantastic star aura about her.

Sasha Banks seems to be a better heel than face, but then again she's been incredibly over this year so it's hard to argue her position. Some brilliant performances from her.

Bayley started the year as an excellent face champion in NXT, having a surprisingly good match against Carmella followed by two brilliant matches against Asuka. The ovations she received when she was Sasha's surprise partner on that one-off ppv appearance and again on her proper debut were amazing. She's been out of the spotlight a little, but that's no doubt to let the other two get their feud out of the way. You'd imagine she's winning the belt at Mania.

Becky Lynch has been very, very good in-ring and I don't mind her goofiness outside of the ring either. She's done a grand job so far on Smackdown in helping Alexa Bliss and was part of arguably the best match at WrestleMania.

Alexa has come on leaps and bounds and as predicted long ago could be the second coming of Trish. Carmella is MUCH better than she was a year ago but still has work to do. Similar with Nia Jax I guess. Naomi is a lot more interesting and over since she's had that entrance. Emma made the transition into a decent heel, too. Natalya has been a bit shit. Eva Marie is an incredible heat magnet.

Down in NXT, Asuka has been superb. So good that there's a gulf between her and the others, especially since the best of the rest were all called up to the main roster and is further evidenced by Mickie James making an appearance. However, the next crop are now making good progress- Ember Moon, Billie Kaye, Peyton Royce. Not seen much or sold on the others though (Liv Morgan is a bit meh).

So we've had two Raw main events, a first-ever PPV main event, first-ever Hell in a Cell match, WrestleMania MOTN and plenty of other outstanding matches. I think we've well and truly seen the divas revolution at last and the match on Raw this week was the perfect way to end the year (I know there's still a few weeks left...). This is by far the most I've been interested in women's wrestling in WWE.

Edited by PunkStep

They had two last year. The tag team one and were Ryback won the vacant IC belt.

Also, Seek and ye shall find (maybe):

We noted before via The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the February 12th WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view from Phoenix was to be a RAW-exclusive event but that changes to the 2017 pay-per-view schedule were reportedly in the works. In an update, it was noted on F4Wonline.com today that Elimination Chamber is now tentatively scheduled to be a SmackDown show. The March 5th Fastlane pay-per-view from Milwaukee was scheduled to be a SmackDown show but that is now tentatively a RAW event.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

When Mania falls in April it usually leaves March a PPV free zone. So it's a good idea that they're having one in Feb and another in March.  I was expecting them to squeeze 2 PPVs back to back in Feb.

A bit of nitpicking here but I would rather have Raw do the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Edited by The Clint

• Paid Members

I can't think of the guys to do a Smackdown Elimination chamber without having to stick Miz and Ziggler in there as well? Styles, Cena (if he's around) and Ambrose are likely locked in, for want of a better term. Do you use Corbin? Swagger? Kalisto? Undertaker? Kane? I guess you could stick Orton & Bray in there, depending on what's going on with their storyline, but it surely leaves the rest of the show a little light. You'd think they'd give it to Raw on the basis of the roster being a bit bigger. On the other hand it's a touch unfair that Raw would get Hell In A Cell AND Elimination Chamber, but then Smackdown get TLC tomorrow night. Give Raw Money In The Bank? Drop that PPV completely and return the MITB match to 'Mania as a cross brand thing? Doing that then negates your "Survivor Series is the only place you'll see Raw & Smackdown superstars competing" caveat then though, as if the Rumble doesn't do that enough. 

I guess you could stick Orton & BRay in there, depending on what's going on with their storyline.

Elimination Chamber was originally a Raw exclusive PPV I think, so might as well keep it that way. Although that would mean Smackdown should get Money In The Bank, and that knackers my plan of Sasha Banks being the first Miss Money In The Bank.

Give her a bling breifcase and a cash in on Bayley, would be so excellent. When I first had that idea it sounded pretty mental to do a women's MITB, but they've had a HIAC so they might as well now

bugger their Survivor Series tagline, if there's more than one Money in the Bank briefcase that's pretty shitty. that'd be one of the easiest and most fun things to make inter-promotional and without just a B-brand duplicate, an actual "which champion will they go after" angle could breathe life into that tired concept again..but lets be honest they're never gonna do it that way. it was a relief for Ambrose to cash in the same night this year. Sheamus carried that thing for months doing nothing interesting, all the time everybody's going "well he'd make a pretty shitty champion at this point" and then he went and became a pretty shitty champion (did get Roman over for a night, though you can also largely thank Vince for that)

oh wait, is the Money in the Bank PPV brand-assigned already? I just kind of assumed it would be a multibrand one cos they make a pretty big deal out of that show

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

I'm a little disappointed they haven't done a women's TLC match between Becky & Alexa at TLC. I'm also wondering whether they'll do a "Last woman standing" match at some point.