The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

As far as "the plan was always Charlotte" - that's been up in the air since they had to hotshot that match to Survivor Series. I still think the most likely eventuality is a Triple Threat match, but it's not as cut and dry as it first appeared, and they could just be throwing Charlotte in there specifically to push the buttons of the diehard Becky fans.

They won’t do it, but I wouldn’t mind them going Bret/Luger/Yoko Wrestlemania 10 with this thing. Have Becky face Nia Jax, Charlotte v Ronda midway through the show and then Becky v Ronda to finish all in one night. All three matches have heat to them. 

Of course, it’ll surely be a triple threat, but I don’t mind that too much if it is main eventing as it’ll make it a better match. 

Edited by AndyUK

• Paid Members

Meltzer reckons the reason Ambrose had a phantom face turn this week, resulting in that dead wierd, "slay the beast," moment, was because he's been getting cheers at the house shows ever since they announced his departure.

It's an interesting idea. Whilst you'd think he'd get a negative reaction, as is the historical pattern, it's almost as if WWE have done such a good job positioning the company itself as the heel in the fan's mind that now fucking off is seen as a babyface move. It's a far cry from Lesnar and Goldberg getting slaughtered at Mania 20 or Razor Ramon getting, "You Sold Out!" chants in early 96.

I also wonder if giving him the win against EC3 is their attempt at getting him to re-sign or whether they think that ship has sailed.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Whilst you'd think he'd get a negative reaction, as is the historical pattern, it's almost as if WWE have done such a good job positioning the company itself as the heel in the fan's mind that now fucking off is seen as a babyface move. 

Guys like Pictos need to remember this rather than obsessing over how the internet hated HHH in 2003. Since I’ve been a wrestling fan, the people who run WWE have always been presented as evil cunts. Acting like fans just dislike them out of some weird adolescent tantrum is ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Guys like Pictos need to remember this rather than obsessing over how the internet hated HHH in 2003. Since I’ve been a wrestling fan, the people who run WWE have always been presented as evil cunts. Acting like fans just dislike them out of some weird adolescent tantrum is ridiculous. 

I think the fans know wrestling isn’t real. They’re not booing them because they play bad guys on tv. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

Meltzer reckons the reason Ambrose had a phantom face turn this week, resulting in that dead wierd, "slay the beast," moment, was because he's been getting cheers at the house shows ever since they announced his departure.

It's an interesting idea. Whilst you'd think he'd get a negative reaction, as is the historical pattern, it's almost as if WWE have done such a good job positioning the company itself as the heel in the fan's mind that now fucking off is seen as a babyface move. It's a far cry from Lesnar and Goldberg getting slaughtered at Mania 20 or Razor Ramon getting, "You Sold Out!" chants in early 96.

That's been the case since CM Punk, really, I think - him leaving with the belt was presented as a babyface move. Even Brock Lesnar, I think, gets as much of a "yeah, fair play, mate" for taking whatever he can get from WWE these days as he does heat for being a "part-timer". 

When the company's presented as a heel, and the biggest babyface thing you can do is stand up for yourself against it, it has become a heroic move to walk out. 

The other factor is that tickets for live events are increasingly expensive, which means they're more likely to attract the "hardcore" fans who can justify throwing down that kind of money on a wrestling show, which means the audience reaction will always skew in a more "smart mark" direction than is necessarily representative of the broader audience watching at home.

1 hour ago, Yakashi said:

I think the fans know wrestling isn’t real. They’re not booing them because they play bad guys on tv. 

I think they have also intentionally spent years blurring the lines between on screen characters and their actual backstage positions. Is the whole “sticking to the plan” part of character or real? 

Really?  Billy Gunn?  That's unusually nice of WWE, seeing as he's signed up with their new competition, and left under a cloud after his last job at the PC.

Totally deserved though, him Dogg and X-Pac are bona fide stars from their biggest era.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Really?  Billy Gunn?  That's unusually nice of WWE, seeing as he's signed up with their new competition, and left under a cloud after his last job at the PC.

Totally deserved though, him Dogg and X-Pac are bona fide stars from their biggest era.

Imagine the backlash if WWE had left Billy Gunn out just because of his current employment. It would look petty as fuck, especially given that Chyna is in.

Edited by JimboDangerous

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, JimboDangerous said:

Imagine the backlash if WWE had left Billy Gunn out just because of his current employment. It would look petty as fuck, especially given that Chyna is in.

Hardly competing with them where she is.