The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I'm with rick in that I didn't think it was that bad and, crucially, it all depends on how they follow it up. Becky is suspended for now, so if they have anything about them they should have her spend the next few weeks battering everyone. The apology is only truly lame if Becky does fookin nu'in. 

My biggest gripe with that segment was it cooled the 1v1 dynamic of Ronda v Becky by having them stand side by side. Whenever those two are together they should be in each other's faces. 100% they should have had Ronda do a promo backstage and keep her out of that final segment.

They definitely could have got to where they're going without the apology, though. Christ, even before Becky said anything they could have had Vince come out and say "your new maj ve.. erm.. mair da... erm... main event is Charlotte v Ronda".

I agree with PunkStep, I think this is them being canny and creating a swerve with Charlotte. Well, you hope so. As I said after their post-Rumble face off, we'll get a good look at what Vince has left.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I think some people are giving WWE way to much credit here, Charlotte vs Ronda in a main event title match has been "the plan" since Ronda signed for the company, sure Becky might have forced there hand to change it up slightly like make it a triple threat, but as we know from the whole Roman Reigns fiasco, they always stick to the plan.

100% Fastlane has a "Win and your back in the match" deal with Charlotte/Becky making it a 3 way.

It’s a swerve. Becky gate crashes the Flair celebration to set up the Charlotte/Becky at fast lane which she wins and dumps Charlotte  back out again. They’ve playing it very well. Filling out the time, playing into people fears, adding more tension to the story. Despite my better judgement everything about the Becky push so far makes this stink of a swerve.

Rousey/Lynch standing together at the end is boody stupid though.

Well done Revival!

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

How long until Nia Jax is added to the match and we get a Mcmahon In Every Corner?

Jericho would complain until the end of time that he wasn't in it.

I'm not even fussed if the match is a three way to be honest. If WWE go through with it then the thinking is probably that Charlotte is the only heel out of the three (even if Ronda has been a bit heelish she will be cheered) and I think it does add another layer to the match too with a solid hand in the ring, Becky/Ronda as a single could either be shit hot or just the plain shits, I guess Charlotte adds a bit of security and assurance. 

Don't get me wrong I prefer Becky vs Ronda & Asuka vs Charlotte as stand alone matches but if Charlotte is on her game she will add something to the main event, even the dislike towards her suggests that. 

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Becky/Ronda as a single could either be shit hot or just the plain shits, I guess Charlotte adds a bit of security and assurance. 

Dilutes it massively though. Becky v Ronda would be heated to fuck with a "please Christ let Becky beat her" atmosphere and would be viable as the main event. It will die every time Charlotte's in the middle of the action because nobody wants her there. And it will be in the middle of the card.

58 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

How long until Nia Jax is added to the match and we get a Mcmahon In Every Corner?

You say that in jest, but what if they added Asuka, had both titles up for grabs (not sure how it would work if Becky pinned Asuka in that instance, unless it was a unification), and then end up with Shane and Steph behind their respective brand champions, bring back Ric Flair and have him behind Charlotte and then get someone in Becky's corner - not sure who, as I don't know if you could shoe-horn Vince in there.

Yeah, having read it back, that sounds woeful!

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Ronda's match style is based mainly on grappling and submissions rather than MOVEZ~. A triple threat match really doesn't play to these strengths and dilutes her whole act.

A Triple Threat match all but guarantees we get a "Ronda gets put through the announce table, and sits out the next 5-10 minutes" spot.

I don't buy the idea that Charlotte won't be in the match, and has only been interjected to pad things out between now and Wrestlemania. Because now that she's in there, how do you get her out? 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I don't buy the idea that Charlotte won't be in the match, and has only been interjected to pad things out between now and Wrestlemania. Because now that she's in there, how do you get her out? 

Vs Becky at Fast Lane, winner in and loser out. That's a great main event with some stakes for a B level PPV that shouldn't really exist between Chamber and Mania.

Edited by air_raid

43 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It will die every time Charlotte's in the middle of the action because nobody wants her there. And it will be in the middle of the card.

Isn't that the whole point though? No one wants Charlotte there so she will play on it as a heel and there is some heat in the match. Otherwise its two faces and the risk is the fans (at Mania) won't be as invested. I know it shouldn't be that way but Mania fans can be funny sometimes, especially if this is main event and they've sat there for 7 hours.

Edited by Briefcase